Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lin to the Raptors a good idea? Lin Raptors Plan B? (168)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dang....it's always about the money, isn't it?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Sure, the NY media had something to do with it. But it's not the sole reason, or even the biggest reason. An unknown player single-handedly leading his shitty team to improbable wins, and doing so multiple times, is a big story on it's own merit.

Joey Graham was a bench player putting up double-doubles during his good "stretch". And if he didn't, the Raptors would've been perfectly fine without him. Graham was still the 5th option on the floor (at best). His 7-8 game run was literally meaningless, especially considering it came after 3.5 years of ineptitude. Management wasn't talking about re-signing Graham at all costs following that season, and there certainly weren't any other teams willing to make aggressive offers for his services.

Like I said, not an accurate comparison at all.
      We'll have to agree to disagree. You've made this about whether or not Joey Graham played as well as Jeremy Lin did and this was not my point. Whether or not you agree with that is completely irrelevant. My general point was that we could undoubtedly find someone else who played for a different team, played well for a period of 7 games and did not get as much notariety. You don't like Joey Graham? Great, pick someone else.

The point is that people cared more because he plays for New York, and that's why we are talking about signing him. He would not have had as much attention, and this added attention has brought this up as a topic of conversation, when really we should not be signing him.

Comment

• BallaBalla wrote: View Post
        We'll have to agree to disagree. You've made this about whether or not Joey Graham played as well as Jeremy Lin did and this was not my point. Whether or not you agree with that is completely irrelevant. My general point was that we could undoubtedly find someone else who played for a different team, played well for a period of 7 games and did not get as much notariety. You don't like Joey Graham? Great, pick someone else.

The point is that people cared more because he plays for New York, and that's why we are talking about signing him. He would not have had as much attention, and this added attention has brought this up as a topic of conversation, when really we should not be signing him.
        I trust that Colangelo is enough of a professional that he would be fully aware of Lin's abilities/inabilities no matter what market he played in, whether it was New Orleans or New York.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          I trust that Colangelo is enough of a professional that he would be fully aware of Lin's abilities/inabilities no matter what market he played in, whether it was New Orleans or New York.
          I pray that you are right...he has made the mistake before cough HEDO cough cough

Comment

Working...
          X