Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barbosa traded to Pacers for 2nd round pick (Official - post 155)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He still can resign
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• [QUOTE=Nilanka;119041]We said the same thing about Bosh. Haven't we learned our lesson? [/QUOTE

can you really compare the two? that's just like that guy comparing Jennings to Bayless...

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        He still can resign
        I would say, it's less of a chance now.

Comment

• Maybe not the right place but Howard has renounced his opt out and will stay in Orlando. The Nets are screwed or will have firesale DW.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            I don't know the going rate for a 1st rounder right now but I do know there are some high impact free agents on the market this summer and I'd hate for the Raptors to be $1-3M short because of this. They have potentially two top five first rounders entering the fray this coming season already. I think the cap space should be used in free agency.
            I don't know what it would go for but the Knicks sold their 45th pick to the Hornets for 1 million last year. One could only assume it would be way more than that. That's just me speculating though.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
              Maybe not the right place but Howard has renounced his opt out and will stay in Orlando. The Nets are screwed or will have firesale DW.
              I feel sorry for Orlando...they have to go through all this shit next year too.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                I don't know the going rate for a 1st rounder right now but I do know there are some high impact free agents on the market this summer and I'd hate for the Raptors to be $1-3M short because of this. They have potentially two top five first rounders entering the fray this coming season already. I think the cap space should be used in free agency.
                Fair enough, that would suck, but there would be many ways to get around it, should a potential big time signing be at risk.

Plus, I can't help but drool at the thought of potentially being able to add 2 studs from this year's draft. If the Raps wound up with a pick in the #15-20 range (Houston's pick from NJ), they could try to package it with any combination of their own 2nd round pick, Indi's 2nd round picks and a player like Amir/Davis, to move up higher and try to get a second good lottery pick. In that instance, adding 1 year of Petro for a second lottery pick would at least be worth considering.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                  taking on a Salary for 3.5 million next season is worth the mid first rounder. You would essentially be paying 6 million to two players. One of which has the ability to become a core player for years to come.
                  With Portland looking to clear house, if you really want that first round pick (which don't forget is Houston's and lottery protected) AND you want to gain cap space this summer, Calderon for Felton/HOU pick. Portland are going to need a PG this summer and I don't see Paul Allen looking to rebuild slow with Aldridge in their prime. Portland would still have $23M in cap space.

Comment

I feel sorry for Orlando...they have to go through all this shit next year too.
                    If they go through this again, it is their own fault.

When free agents can be traded on December 15th, 2012, the Magic should offer an extension very privately. If he says no, trade him.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      With Portland looking to clear house, if you really want that first round pick (which don't forget is Houston's and lottery protected) AND you want to gain cap space this summer, Calderon for Felton/HOU pick. Portland are going to need a PG this summer and I don't see Paul Allen looking to rebuild slow with Aldridge in their prime. Portland would still have $23M in cap space.
                      Why not to both?
                      Trade our pick(around#4) for utahs two picks, then we will have FOUR!
                      Then start all five of our rookies :P

Comment

can you really compare the two? that's just like that guy comparing Jennings to Bayless...
                        I'm not comparing the quality of the players.

Comment

If they go through this again, it is their own fault.

When free agents can be traded on December 15th, 2012, the Magic should offer an extension very privately. If he says no, trade him.

Sorry, I meant the fans of the Magic. I agree with trying to get a commitment again before it gets out of had like it has this years.

Comment

• Hello wrote: View Post
                            Why not to both?
                            Trade our pick(around#4) for utahs two picks, then we will have FOUR!
                            Then start all five of our rookies :P

I'm looking at the picks as assets/sweeteners to package in a larger deal. I only want 2 rookies on the team next year unless the 3rd is a "PG of the future" candidate.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              We said the same thing about Bosh. Haven't we learned our lesson?
                              So no one has ever re-signed with the Raptors?

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              Fair enough, that would suck, but there would be many ways to get around it, should a potential big time signing be at risk.

Plus, I can't help but drool at the thought of potentially being able to add 2 studs from this year's draft. If the Raps wound up with a pick in the #15-20 range (Houston's pick from NJ), they could try to package it with any combination of their own 2nd round pick, Indi's 2nd round picks and a player like Amir/Davis, to move up higher and try to get a second good lottery pick. In that instance, adding 1 year of Petro for a second lottery pick would at least be worth considering.
                              If it's possible to amnesty Petro then sign me up. His deal was signed prior to the new CBA but I'm not sure if the fact that he was traded to Toronto after the new CBA would forfeit the ability to amnesty him.

Comment

I'm looking at the picks as assets/sweeteners to package in a larger deal. I only want 2 rookies on the team next year unless the 3rd is a "PG of the future" candidate.
                                If the Raps could make a series of moves to acquire a 2nd lottery pick, then I'd have no issue with 3 rookies.

Comment

Working...
                                X