No announcement yet.

ROGERS/BELL TPE Let down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To tell you the truth I was a bit worried that the new MLSE was looking to shed money. We don't know what type of owners they will be just yet. Although, since they have taken over we have been 4 million under the cap and we signed some pretty useless players in the off season at veteran minimums. I realize that there is a master plan for this season, and it could be for that reason, but we are not privy to the inside info. So it does creep into my mind a little. We'll know next off season when Bryan has hinted that we will be big players.

***I also agree taking Walton's contract for a first rounder is not something that I would have done either***

I was hoping for a underachieving prospect, like last year with the J.J. trade. Which we gave up a first rounder... we got a 50-55 pick for Barbosa yayyy
    Last edited by saints91; Thu Mar 15, 2012, 11:04 PM.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
      I realize that there is a master plan for this season, and it could be for that reason, but we are not privy to the inside info. So it does creep into my mind a little. We'll know next off season when Bryan has hinted that we will be big players.
      No we can't read Colangelo's mind but what Colangelo did fits perfectly into the plan he's publicly laid out. What he did makes perfect logical sense. Why invest the money long term in November 2011 when they are still a year away from getting an influx of core long term prospects? There is no reason to doubt the team's desire to win at this point regardless of who's paying the salaries. We question the team when they don't do a proper build and we question them when they are doing a proper build. What do we want?

Comment

Working...
      X