Patty Mills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patty Mills?

Hey everybody! so this is my first post ever on rr but love the site!

Now that we have a need for another guard off the bench with barbosa gone I was just wondering what the general thoughts were on signing someone like Patty Mills. Being from Australia I've kept an eye on his game, both with the blazers and for the national team, and I think he could be a really great spark player off the bench for the raps.
    Personally i feel that his presence could help push bayless to another level, as he might see mills as a legitimate threat to take his backup spot. At the very least Mills is better than forbes. And he's not a headcase, which is always a good thing.

I'm not sure what his situation is with the nba at the moment. I think his rights are still held by the blazers, so this could all be a moot point. But i just wanted to get your thoughts on the guy!

Never heard of him, lol.

Comment

Valantime wrote: View Post
      Hey everybody! so this is my first post ever on rr but love the site!

Now that we have a need for another guard off the bench with barbosa gone I was just wondering what the general thoughts were on signing someone like Patty Mills. Being from Australia I've kept an eye on his game, both with the blazers and for the national team, and I think he could be a really great spark player off the bench for the raps.
      Personally i feel that his presence could help push bayless to another level, as he might see mills as a legitimate threat to take his backup spot. At the very least Mills is better than forbes. And he's not a headcase, which is always a good thing.

I'm not sure what his situation is with the nba at the moment. I think his rights are still held by the blazers, so this could all be a moot point. But i just wanted to get your thoughts on the guy!

Welcome to the Republic.

As for Mills, he is a RFA and he can only sign with Portland until July 1st.

He is a non-issue for this year as the Raps can't sign him anyways and Portland can't trade him.

Comment

Why can't we sign him because he is RFA with Portland?

Comment

And he's signing in Turkey. Great teammate though, from all I've read about him that quality alone could have been of value for this year's blazers.

Comment

i like patty mills but yeah what matt said
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
              Why can't we sign him because he is RFA with Portland?
              It is just the rules of the collective bargaining agreement - it is what it is.

Comment

IMO Patrick Mills is the last thing this team needs. With Barbosa gone I think our first priority is to get a solid bench 2 guard(unless we shift Forbes down to the 2 or up if were talking of him playing pg) and Patrick mills couldnt fill that spot at six feet being unable to drive and can only shoot from deep. Our priorities after that imo should be a rental at the 5 for the season so Amir can go back to playing 4 and we don't have Aaron Gray starting. I just dont see Mills filling that hole even if we could get him

Comment

Via HoopsHype.com:

Adrian Wojnarowski: Patty Mills is finalizing a deal with the San Antonio Spurs, league sources tell Y! Sports. Portland's renouncing of rights is in the works. Twitter

Not great news for Corey Joseph. Clearly a replacement for TJ.

Comment

waive Corey! lol We need another PG

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Via HoopsHype.com:

Not great news for Corey Joseph. Clearly a replacement for TJ.
                      So... What about the thing with Portland?

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                        So... What about the thing with Portland?
                        Portland is renouncing is rights. That means, once it happens, he goes from a restricted free agent (Portland has rights and is the only team that can sign him until July 1st) to being an unrestricted free agent (he can chose to go to whichever team has desire to sign him).

Comment

I keep blowing right by this thread because every time I see the subject line "Patty Mills" I think of some soapy TV series from the late sixties or early seventies with a female protagonist. Can't help myself. Finally read it today. don't think that will make a difference in my thinking though.

Comment

oooo Whats going to happen with corey joseph? Is he a possible fanfavourit hometown 3rd rotational player for us?
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              oooo Whats going to happen with corey joseph? Is he a possible fanfavourit hometown 3rd rotational player for us?
                              Honestly, I doubt it. Mills is a replacement for Ford. Joseph will continue to develop. He is on one of the cheapest rookie deals there is - about $1M per season.

Comment

Working...
                              X