No announcement yet.

If picking at #5...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think at #5, Beal will be in play - and could likely be the best available (depending on who pulls a "Tristan" and reaches for a selection ahead of us). Even if Drummond pulls out, Davis - Barnes - MKG - Robinson ... maybe even Sullinger or Lamb could all go ahead of Beal.

He would push Demar, and may end up taking his starting role - if he's still in town.

The final brilliance of the draft will be when BC snags Kabongo with a later pick.

"We're hearing FR Texas PG Myck Kabongo is leaning toward leaving for the NBA, despite being a likely 2nd rounder according to scouts."

http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=nbadraftnet

With the help of two 2nd rounders, several young PF's, and cap space - we can get the late 1st rounder it may take to get Myck.

Jose/Myck
    Beal/Demar/Forbes
    Johnson/Kleiza
    Bargnani/Davis
    Jonas/Gray/Magloire

Scary part is, that roster doesn't even reflect the impact of our $10-20M in cap space. SF or PG upgrades? Who knows.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Drummond's draft positioning will be highly dependent on workouts. I expect that if he wows with his size and athleticism and shows some motor in workouts, he will be a solid 2-4 on many teams' boards. Remember how Biyombo shot up the rankings last year, even though he showed very little offensive skill? He was drafted on his physical attributes, athleticism and enthusiasm. No matter where the Raptors draft, it will be good for them if Drummond impresses GMs and scouts during the pre-draft workouts.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Kanter and Favors are a good example of this - and Favors is not a rookie.

Also, I am far from sold on Drummond. 270 pounds from a young age on those knees would be a concern for me - nevermind his disappearing act for UCONN at times.
        Yeah, if anything I wouldn't be surprised if Colangelo moves Amir or Ed and brings in a tough as nails older big man. Bringing back Reggie Evans would be smart. Having a guy like that setting the tone for JV in practice and in games(or on the bench) would be very valuable.

Comment

I know the idea is to dismiss the idea of trading up, but out of curiosity.. If we landed the #3 selection and had the opportunity to trade our pick + Ed Davis to draft Anthony Davis would you do it? How high is everybody on him? Personally, I'd do it in a heart beat, but I've been wrong before... Once.

Comment

RaptorFan (proud?..) wrote: View Post
            I know the idea is to dismiss the idea of trading up, but out of curiosity.. If we landed the #3 selection and had the opportunity to trade our pick + Ed Davis to draft Anthony Davis would you do it? How high is everybody on him? Personally, I'd do it in a heart beat, but I've been wrong before... Once.
            Yes!

Comment

Between Andrea's blank stare with mouth open, and Davis' unibrow we would undoubtedly have the smallest casual female fanbase in all of basketball.

Comment

It's like he has Tom Selleck's mustache on his brow.

Comment

My only hesitation in saying, "YES!" would be saying, "Um, what was that?" to be sure I heard correctly followed by a, "Just hold on one second so I can talk to Steffi." to allow me time to do my happy dance and let out a huge, "Thank you, Jesus." which would be promptly followed by, "Sorry about that. Yeah, I think we can do that deal."

Comment

It would be like tripping into a mountain of gold two consecutive years.

Comment

I guess my question was, "How far has Anthony Davis separated himself from the pack?"
                      It appears he is at least Ed Davis better than any other selection. What if we substituted Ed Davis with Demar Derozan? Would you go that far??

Comment

I guess my question was, "How far has Anthony Davis separated himself from the pack?"
                        It appears he is at least Ed Davis better than any other selection. What if we substituted Ed Davis with Demar Derozan? Would you go that far??
                        YES!

Anthony Davis is a franchise talent. He has separated himself from the pack by a very, very large margin. The only thing that is going to hurt him is if something is found in his medical.

He is going to be that good.

Comment

Is Davis worth a top-5 pick and a player like Ed Davis or DeRozan? I would think so.

To continue that logic, if the Raptors did trade DeRozan for him, they would then be able to trade 2 of Bargnani/Ed/Amir, in addition to their 2 2nd round picks, possibly Bayless, future 1st round picks and all their cap space, to acquire a wing to replace DeRozan, all without significantly hurting their overall team depth.

It is that whole "domino effect" why I sometimes hate discussing individual trades proposals as though they exist in a vacuum.

Having said that, I seriously doubt the Raptors would have any strong desire to proactively seek out a trade for the #1 pick if they wind up with a top-5 pick. Having Valanciunas, Bargnani and at least one of Ed/Amir on board long-term, they are pretty strong in the C/PF positions. I think BC would be quite happy using the top-5 pick to seriously improve the wing (SF/SG) position.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            YES!

Anthony Davis is a franchise talent. He has separated himself from the pack by a very, very large margin. The only thing that is going to hurt him is if something is found in his medical.

He is going to be that good.
                            Agreed but it doesn't make sense to offer up DD instead of Ed unless the other team asks for DD. Also I think you're probably looking at the #5, Ed PLUS DD to get the job done or the #5 and Bargnani...

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Agreed but it doesn't make sense to offer up DD instead of Ed unless the other team asks for DD. Also I think you're probably looking at the #5, Ed PLUS DD to get the job done or the #5 and Bargnani...
                              Do it.

AD plus JV minus $10M in cap space from Bargnani?

Do it.

Comment

Yeah I'd jump on that SO fast
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X