Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season is over, forget the negatives, what were the POSITIVES?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Memphis has Conley. He is locked up for another 4 seasons and is only 24.

Miami just spent $4M per year on s Mario Chalmers and have Norris Cole from last year.

Orlando is a very real possibility.

Indiana is a possibility. It doesn't seem like they are ecstatic about Collison. They do have AJ Price and George Hill as well.

Just my opinion.

Oh yeah, and don't forget about Kahn!
    I'm not sure teams picking at the back end of the 1st round are expecting someone who can make instant impact. I think any team in that part of the draft would be wise to take Kabongo. Kabongo might not be ready to make a legit high impact for three or four years.

Comment

One of the positives for me is despite the losing record and rebuild, the players still seem to have a camaraderie going on, no one is pouting or wanting to get star treatment, nobody has been reported as a locker room cancer.

You can see in close games, players are cheering and waving towels on the bench. Nice thing to see specially with a young team.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
        One of the positives for me is despite the losing record and rebuild, the players still seem to have a camaraderie going on, no one is pouting or wanting to get star treatment, nobody has been reported as a locker room cancer.

You can see in close games, players are cheering and waving towels on the bench. Nice thing to see specially with a young team.
        It could be that they're so used to losing that they're desensitized to it.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          Tsk, tsk, tsk. Positives only thread, Apollo.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Easy to look around the league and find teams where the players just don't care when they are losing. Toronto is not there. I've always hated it when I see a team down by 12 with 6 minutes to go and the players on the losing side are joking and having fun with each other.

Comment

Love the effort that has been brought for majority of the games. That, of course, leads me to say that my biggest positive is what I'll dub the 'Case effect' - effort, energy, as well as commitment and accountability on defense.

Comment

So, any new positives now that the season is complete?

Comment

The fact that Alabi isn't as much of a stiff as we once thought. He's much less of a stiff

Comment

I liked Davis' play at the end of the year. Much more decisive. Finished better.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Davis was playing like a bawse. Alabi was blocking shots like serge ibaka and Jay Bay lit it up when he was starting too bad he got injured

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                        Easy to look around the league and find teams where the players just don't care when they are losing. Toronto is not there. I've always hated it when I see a team down by 12 with 6 minutes to go and the players on the losing side are joking and having fun with each other.
                        That doesn't mean they don't care. It means they don't dwell on it.

Would you rather them be miserable all the time? They can't throw a tantrum because people will complain.

Believe it or not, that's the reason for l
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

locker room riffs. You don't know if somebody told a joke or farted. If they we're miserable all the time, they'd be testy and nobody likes testy people.
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

A noticeable difference this year, that was dictated by Casey I recall reading, yet has been obvioulsy adopted by the players as a simple "must do" is the way 2 or 3 guys always run over to one of their team mates, when that guy hits the floor, to help pull him up. It sends the message "Hey man, if you make an effort that winds up with you on the floor, I'm going to be there to help you up, 'cause I appreciate the effort."

It's a simple thing but symptomatic of the new culture of the team. I recall reading that Casey just told everyone, "When one of our guys hits the floor, I want to see you running to help him up if you are out there." Now I think they are doing it because that's how they feel about their team mates.

Comment

1. casey- i was expecting an improvement and he gave a big one. i also appreciate his honesty and am pretty sure he is next years coach of the year.

2. jj- the way he handled his stupid complaining. he also gave a glimpse of the kind of player he could be. if he can stay "locked in" he is going to be closing every playoff game we are in (not as the scorer)

3. gray- gave us a legit banger down low. not in the sense of low post scoring but a big body who throws it around under the basket. loved his hard screens.

4. bayless- i know a lot of guys here don't care much for him but i think he is sticking around and will start after jose is gone. i enjoyed his attitude.

Comment

JJ is the next Shawn Marion and Jay Bay is the next Billups.

Comment

Working...
                                X