No announcement yet.

Second Round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would even be willing to give a lottery protected or top 20 protected pick this year to grab Kabongo. If he does well in the individual work outs go get him.

Comment

Checkines wrote: View Post
      Obviously won't happen, but if this mock draft did come to fruition, and we landed Quincy Miller and Kabongo two players who if they stay in school would probably be significantly higher, especially Miller, I'd be very excited for the first time about 2nd rounders.
      Of all the mock drafts out there, I would put the least amount of stock in NBADraft.net. Miller is a borderline lottery pick even at his current stage of development. Of all the 'credible' mock draft sites out there, NBADraft.net is the only one projecting a 2nd round for Miller.

Comment

No thank you to Kabongo. I'd much rather we focus all our effort on signing Dragic this season. He is far more proven in the NBA and has starter solid starter + potential.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
          No thank you to Kabongo. I'd much rather we focus all our effort on signing Dragic this season. He is far more proven in the NBA and has starter solid starter + potential.
          Why not go for both?

Kabongo won't contribute immediately and would be 3rd string. In fact, a bit of time in the D-League would probably be beneficial.

This assumes Calderon is still around and healthy and Dragic stayed healthy too.

Calderon only has 1 year left on his deal. Trade him sooner or later.

Sign Dragic for 4 years.

Kabongo would have 4 years on a rookie deal.

BOOM.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Sign Dragic for 4 years.
            I thought you didn't like score first PG?
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              I thought you didn't like score first PG?
              I don't like PG's who cannot run an offense.

Big difference.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                I would even be willing to give a lottery protected or top 20 protected pick this year to grab Kabongo. If he does well in the individual work outs go get him.
                hell no bro. I would never give up the lottery pick no matter how good kabongo does in the workout. We could easily just trade our second rounders and cash to a team who doesn't need their pick.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  hell no bro. I would never give up the lottery pick no matter how good kabongo does in the workout. We could easily just trade our second rounders and cash to a team who doesn't need their pick.
                  I said lottery protected or top 20 protected.

Meaning if the Raptors were in the playoffs and were 21 last or better they would get the pick.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                    I said lottery protected or top 20 protected.
                    What are the odds the Raptors aren't part of the lottery this year ... let alone finish with a Top 20 Record?

A lottery protected pick from this Raptors team, for this year, is worth Squat.

Comment

for 2013 and it would also apply to 2014 if they still don't don't get the pick and so on. Usually the restrictions get lessens as the years go by. Are you guys new to protected picks?
                      Last edited by saints91; Wed Mar 21, 2012, 11:02 PM.

Comment

I decided to go back and read through Chad Ford's analysis of Myck Kabongo. There is not much there, only a few entries, but the most recent entry speaks largely to Kabongo's draft stock.

"The Good: Kabongo is a pure playmaker who can make everyone around him better. He's quick and he has a pretty nice jump shot.

The Bad: Pure point guards need talent around them. Kabongo had a black hole -- J'Covan Brown and little else. He struggled in virtually every area as a freshman.

The Upside: Kabongo is a much better prospect than he showed as a freshman at Texas. It just wasn't a great fit for him this year after most of Texas' talent left for the NBA. His stock has slid considerably because of it, but it wouldn't take him long to rebuild faith in his skills. This is a very weak point guard draft, and Kabongo is one of the few point guards in the NCAA with the ability to make an impact at the next level."

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...6/myck-kabongo

It appears that there is potential for Myck to go much higher then what his season showed, as has already been discussed here. The nice thing is that the Raptors do have assets to gain a pick. We have our glut of PFs, a Bayless sign-and-trade (potentially), and the two second round picks.

I personally would love for the Raptors to take Kabongo and try to reach his high ceiling.

PG: Calderon (or someone else if he's amnestied)/Kabongo (while he develops)
                        SG: DeRozan/Forbes
                        SF: First Rounder (Kidd-Gilchrist/Barnes)/J. Johnson
                        PF: Bargnani/A. Johnson
                        C: Valanciunas/Gray

On this roster we would potentially have our PG of the future, our SG (if DeRozan can put it all together), a potential franchise SF (Kidd-Gilchrist), a match-up nightmare in Bargnani, and a potential franchise center. Not bad at all!
                        http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
                          I decided to go back and read through Chad Ford's analysis of Myck Kabongo. There is not much there, only a few entries, but the most recent entry speaks largely to Kabongo's draft stock.

"The Good: Kabongo is a pure playmaker who can make everyone around him better. He's quick and he has a pretty nice jump shot.

The Bad: Pure point guards need talent around them. Kabongo had a black hole -- J'Covan Brown and little else. He struggled in virtually every area as a freshman.

The Upside: Kabongo is a much better prospect than he showed as a freshman at Texas. It just wasn't a great fit for him this year after most of Texas' talent left for the NBA. His stock has slid considerably because of it, but it wouldn't take him long to rebuild faith in his skills. This is a very weak point guard draft, and Kabongo is one of the few point guards in the NCAA with the ability to make an impact at the next level."

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...6/myck-kabongo

It appears that there is potential for Myck to go much higher then what his season showed, as has already been discussed here. The nice thing is that the Raptors do have assets to gain a pick. We have our glut of PFs, a Bayless sign-and-trade (potentially), and the two second round picks.

I personally would love for the Raptors to take Kabongo and try to reach his high ceiling.

PG: Calderon (or someone else if he's amnestied)/Kabongo (while he develops)
                          SG: DeRozan/Forbes
                          SF: First Rounder (Kidd-Gilchrist/Barnes)/J. Johnson
                          PF: Bargnani/A. Johnson
                          C: Valanciunas/Gray

On this roster we would potentially have our PG of the future, our SG (if DeRozan can put it all together), a potential franchise SF (Kidd-Gilchrist), a match-up nightmare in Bargnani, and a potential franchise center. Not bad at all!
                          That assessment nails my thoughts exactly.

If the Raps can acquire him with a 20-plus pick, it will be a similar case of luck as experienced with JV i.e. circumstance leading to quality pick at a slot lower than real worth.

Comment

Why trade any picks, we've got two picks in the second round, seems like we may be able to get him with one of them without having to trade up. If someone else scoops him up first, oh well.
                            The one and only

Comment

I really don't see savvy teams like the Spurs and Thunder letting him slide into the 2nd round when there turn comes at the end of round one.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                                I really don't see savvy teams like the Spurs and Thunder letting him slide into the 2nd round when there turn comes at the end of round one.
                                Nope. He has immense talent. He is projected as the 5th pick in 2013 by DraftExpress. Mock drafts mean little - especially over a year away - but it speaks to the talent he possesses.

Comment

Working...
                                X