No announcement yet.

Second Round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so its decided...who is going to take our selection to BC so he can rubber stamp it?
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Comment

J'Covan Brown, aka the black hole, is declaring for the NBA. He has a family to feed is what he said. He had a great season at Texas, all Big 12 guard, master of the spin move, and is worth a look for a 2nd round pick.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          im on board. i love me some seniors. throwing a loop here but of all the reasons i to hate vince i applauded and respected that he went back to school. i thought it was the right message.
          The right message is to take off on the eve of the biggest moment in your life to go pick up a piece of paper with your name on it? It's not like he went back to school to take classes, man. He went back so he could wear a silly robe and throw a square academic cap into the air.
          your pal,
          ebrian

Comment

Im trading the two 2nd round picks for a late 1st rounder.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              That assessment nails my thoughts exactly.

If the Raps can acquire him with a 20-plus pick, it will be a similar case of luck as experienced with JV i.e. circumstance leading to quality pick at a slot lower than real worth.
              I agree, too. If they can orchestrate it without too high a price, I think that the Raptors should try hard to nab Kabongo, along with their lottery pick. My main concern is that he shows well during workouts and climbs up the draft board and makes it tough to trade for a high enough pick. But Colangelo has some assets to work with and might be able to pull it off.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                Im trading the two 2nd round picks for a late 1st rounder.
                This is assuming there are takers for our 2nd round picks...

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Quit ruining the fun. Lol

Comment

Well whichever contending teams need more contributors to keep the depth of a team, I would do so, being the draft is so deep, it's got talent in the 2nd round as well. IMO though.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I'm willing to bet that the two people we draft in the second round will be stashed over in Europe. We're only going to have 2 rookies in camp next year.
                      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Very good point but you could also look at it in a way that the team picking may not want the guaranteed contract of a first round pick. With second rounders there is no obligation to sign them let alone for 2-4 years. More desired locations such as Chicago, LA and OKC might prefer the flexibility of second round picks rather then 1st rounder if the talent isn't a substantial difference.

Comment

1st pick = Andre Drummond
                          2nd round pick (TOR) = Kris Joseph or Quincy Miller or R.Sacre or
                          2nd round pick (TOR) = Kabongo or S.Machado or Quincy Acy

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                            1st pick = Andre Drummond
                            2nd round pick (TOR) = Kris Joseph or Quincy Miller or R.Sacre or
                            2nd round pick (TOR) = Kabongo or S.Machado or Quincy Acy
                            Quincy miller wont drop past 15 trust me

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                              The right message is to take off on the eve of the biggest moment in your life to go pick up a piece of paper with your name on it? It's not like he went back to school to take classes, man. He went back so he could wear a silly robe and throw a square academic cap into the air.
                              thats not what young kids see. thats what sports fans see when all they care about is their team. young kids see a star they look up to showing importance to school.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                                thats not what young kids see. thats what sports fans see when all they care about is their team. young kids see a star they look up to showing importance to school.

Comment

Working...
                                X