Tank Commander Butler Bought Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank Commander Butler Bought Out

According to Woj, the Raptors have agreed to a waive Rasual Butler to allow him to join a playoff team.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @WojYahooNBA:
    Toronto has agreed to waive Rasual Butler, allowing him join a team for the playoffs, agent Andy Miller tells Y! Sports.
    This brings the Raptors roster down to 12 currently. The question now becomes, any 10 day contracts coming? Also, what playoff team in their right mind would pursue Butler with the year he has had?

I don't particularly think this deserves it's own thread, but had no idea where to put it. So here it is...
    http://twitter.com/m_shantz

He must have a plugged in agent...and is cheap.

Comment

Looks like he'll get his shot at a D-League title LOL

really though what NBA playoff bound team would want this scrub...

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
        According to Woj, the Raptors have agreed to a waive Rasual Butler to allow him to join a playoff team.

This brings the Raptors roster down to 12 currently. The question now becomes, any 10 day contracts coming? Also, what playoff team in their right mind would pursue Butler with the year he has had?

I don't particularly think this deserves it's own thread, but had no idea where to put it. So here it is...
        They have to sign someone. The minimum is 13.

Comment

aww i wanted him to start today

Comment

http://hoopshype.com/free_agency.htm

None of the players stand out, not even as decent role players

I could see us getting Nocioni, but we already have JJ and Klieza...

Comment

what about Luther Head and Kelenna azibuike? decent 3rd stringers

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                They have to sign someone. The minimum is 13.
                According to Woj now, the Bulls may be interested in Butler.

So, who fills the 13th spot? I can't think of any names that jump to mind.
                http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
                  According to Woj now, the Bulls may be interested in Butler.

So, who fills the 13th spot? I can't think of any names that jump to mind.
                  I'm guessing D-League tryout time.

Comment

I thought the minimum allowed was 12 on a roster...

EDIT: 12 players on our 'active' roster. Meaning, as long as our injured players still suit up, we should be fine, right?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

EDIT: 12 players on our 'active' roster. Meaning, as long as our injured players still suit up, we should be fine, right?
                      Also aren't under the minimum salary level as well? When does that have to be corrected by?

Comment

That 5-second count violation absolutely belongs in the Most Dubious Moments in Raptor History list. Butler will live on in Raptors lore forever as the only guy who directly helped the team lose a game in which he didn't even play one second.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          what about Luther Head and Kelenna azibuike? decent 3rd stringers
                          I haven't heard Azibuike's name since he went down with that injury. It's worth looking into.

Comment

Maybe you are right. I thought teams had to carry 13 players as a minimum.

Comment

When in doubt, check with Larry:

A team must have 12 players on its active roster, although they can drop to 11 for up to two weeks at a time. They must suit up at least eight players for every game. Any remaining players must be on its Inactive List, and are ineligible to play in games. A team must have a minimum of one and a maximum of three players on its Inactive List, although they can drop to zero for up to two weeks at a time, and can temporarily have four with league approval in the event of a hardship. The composition of the Inactive List can change on a game-by-game basis -- no less than 60 minutes prior to tipoff, the team must present to the official scorer a list of the players who will be active for that game. A player can be inactive for as little as one game. While individual teams are only required to carry 13 players (12 active and one inactive), the NBA also guarantees a league-wide average of at least 14 players per team. The league is surcharged if they do not meet this obligation.
                              So sometime in the next 2 weeks there will be a signing of someone.

Comment

Working...
                              X