Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amnesty Calderon -> MAX out Deron Williams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Williams is a lazy headcase anyways, pass.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
      If there is anything overrated it's the use of 'overrated'. Nash plays with with a 'scrub' like Marcin Gortat at center, Paul played in NO with 'scrubs' like Tyson Chandler and David West, who does Deron Williams have this year?

Add: and yes, I know Gortat is overrated.
      Sure the use of the words 'scrub' and 'overrated' may have been harsh.. but I stand by my judgement on Deron.

Gortat is no slouch.. he's putting up some good numbers but I think that has more to do with Nash then it does with him. He'll never be an all-star. Phoenix are winning a lot of games (currently at 24 wins and .500 record) with guys like Brown, Frye, Lopez, Childress, Warrick, and a 39-year old Hill.

Last year NO made the playoffs (when Chandler was with Dallas/Charlotte). They have the exact same team they had last year except they swapped West for Kaman (which in my opinion is a wash). Yet NO is in 3rd last place in the league. You tell me that Paul did not make that team better.

NJ has had its struggles with Lopez out, but a guy making max money is supposed to be making the guys around him better. NJ has 15 wins this year, and Deron has played in every single one. They even have Wallace now and that has not made a difference. This is a big red flag for me.

Plus there is also the fact that an admired coach in Sloan quit on the team because of a rift he had with Deron at the time.

I was a fan of Deron prior to this year.. his play with NJ this year has completely changed my opinion of him.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        You tell me that Paul did not make that team better.
        Really, now did I?

Plus there is also the fact that an admired coach in Sloan quit on the team because of a rift he had with Deron at the time.
        Rumours have become fact I see. Don't you think that there could be more going on there considering they traded Williams about a week or so later? I don't know, but I do find it very weird that management would not back Sloan because they side by their best player only to trade him a week later. I'm guessing there was more going on (not saying it's fact btw, because, yeah, I don't know).

Comment

Really, now did I?
          You had indicated in the previous post that Paul was playing with guys like Chandler and West. I was under the impression that you felt that NO succeeded because of those two, and not Paul. Sorry for misunderstanding.

Rumours have become fact I see. Don't you think that there could be more going on there considering they traded Williams about a week or so later? I don't know, but I do find it very weird that management would not back Sloan because they side by their best player only to trade him a week later. I'm guessing there was more going on (not saying it's fact btw, because, yeah, I don't know).
          The fact was Sloan did argue with Williams at half time a couple of nights before he quit. I'm just putting 2 and 2 together like most journalists.. okay sorry not a fact - but still highly questionable which puts a red flag against Williams and another reason why I do not want him in Toronto.

Comment

The fact was Sloan did argue with Williams at half time a couple of nights before he quit. I'm just putting 2 and 2 together like most journalists.. okay sorry not a fact - but still highly questionable which puts a red flag against Williams and another reason why I do not want him in Toronto.
            Journalists need something to write to make a living; lots of them don't only put 2 and 2 together but just as easily 1 and 3 or 5 and 99. Now that's a fact.

I can do that too, e.g.: management wanted to get rid of Sloan, so they didn't share any knowledge about the the tradescenarios they were lining up (if they had Sloan would never quite because of Williams, knowing Williams would be gone in a week). When there was a conflict between Sloan and Williams, they dediced not to back up Sloan which they had always done before. This way they could pile up the pressure on Sloan to either quit himself or make it much more likely the results would be less than stellar and more conflict would arise in the dressingroom with the players knowing Sloan was a lame duck, which would create a situation where they could fire Sloan which at that time would have strong reactions from the media and fanbase. Or something like that.

Comment

Why do people post threads like this?
              "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
                Why do people post threads like this?
                +1.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Williams will be in Brooklyn or Dallas.
                  I think he could be anywhere at this point - Toronto is not a likely destination though I agree with most posters.
                  "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
                    I think he could be anywhere at this point - Toronto is not a likely destination though I agree with most posters.
                    All of the 'sources' from the Yahoo!, ESPN, CBS, etc. have been stating it is Dallas or Brooklyn for months. It has been much hyped and speculated upon.

Comment

i hate deron williams

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        i hate deron williams
                        He slept with your girlfriend?

Comment

He slept with your girlfriend?
                          my dad

Comment

lol soft euro. You know that joke would really make you look stupid if the guy didn't have a girlfriend

Comment

The problem with amnestying Calderon is that the guy is an asset. A guy that takes care of the ball and finds guys in spots for easy baskets? Plus he's an expiring. The solution to all of that might be to use him acquire depth we would need for seasons going forward.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                lol soft euro. You know that joke would really make you look stupid if the guy didn't have a girlfriend
                                Not really; I just wanted to say that all the 'hate'-talk is overdoing it. Too much use of those kind of terms on here lately. If there is some dislike about a player often words like 'scrub' 'btch' 'hate' etc. are used. That's just plain stupid. Now, with Miekenstein I can understand that he has some issues because his dad apparently slept with his girlfriend.

Comment

Working...
                                X