No announcement yet.

Weems to wait and enter restricted free agency in July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't cry in my sleep if the Raps signed him. Hell they could really use him right now. And for $2 mil a year or so it's not like it's killing the cap.

Also worth noting: we've seen how Casey can magically turn people into decent defenders. The guy is a wicked athlete.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
      I wouldn't cry in my sleep if the Raps signed him. Hell they could really use him right now. And for $2 mil a year or so it's not like it's killing the cap.

Also worth noting: we've seen how Casey can magically turn people into decent defenders. The guy is a wicked athlete.
      I can honestly say Demar has been a better defender in his rookie season compared to the last two seasons.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I don't think he is even worth the qualifying offer, given that that will create a cap hold and therefore reduce cap space to get a good free agent. Weems is just "a guy", they are a dime a dozen in the league.

Comment

Whoaboy! See ya Weems. I kinda like him, but I'll easily take JJ, and even LK over him.

Thanks for some real dunks though!

Comment

I was listening to the radio a few weeks back and they had Weems' agent on the phone talking about Weems and the Raptors. It seems that Weems is really not that happy with Toronto. Not much he can do about it since Toronto has his rights - but I wouldn't be surprised if Toronto just renounced him or just let some team take him without considering matching.

I personally wouldn't care either way. Weems is a deep bench guy. If anything he'd just be more depth in case someone like Demar goes down. But we don't need him anymore. He's not a guy that is going to help you win championships or help you get into the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
            X