Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What wing pair would you like to see on opening night 2012-13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What wing pair would you like to see on opening night 2012-13?

What wing pair would you like to see in Raptors uniforms on opening night 2012-13?
    DeMar DeRozan and James Johnson
    7.69%
    Brad Beal and James Johnson
    23.08%
    DeMar DeRozan and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
    48.72%
    DeMar DeRozan and Harrison Barnes
    12.82%
    Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and James Johnson
    7.69%

you know what it is. Micheal Kidd-Ghilcrest and Double D DeMar DeRozan

Comment

My option isn't on the list (Beal and MKG),

But realistically, I think the holes in DeMar's game are a bigger problem at SG than the holes in JJ's game at SF. From this perspective, I'd go with Beal and JJ.

But from an overall talent perspective, I think MKG is easily the best wing in the draft. And I wouldn't want to pass him up. But pairing him up with DeRozan does nothing for me. If we draft MKG, I would hope DeRozan becomes expendable for a Mayo-type player.
      Last edited by Nilanka; Tue Mar 27, 2012, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        That would be quite the duo. They compliment each other magnificently. In the post though I tried to keep it as realistic as possible with just one lottery pick and one current Raptor.

Comment

Beal and James Johnson would be my vote as well, but looking at the poll you have to wonder how a line up of MKG, James Johnson with JV would look defensively with Bargnani and Lillard (if we could nab him via a trade or combination of 2nd round picks) bringing the offense.

Comment

But realistically, I think the holes in DeMar's game are a bigger problem at SG than the holes in JJ's game at SF. From this perspective, I'd go with Beal and JJ.

But from an overall talent perspective, I think MKG is easily the best wing in the draft. And I wouldn't want to pass him up. But pairing him up with DeRozan does nothing for me. If we draft MKG, I would hope DeRozan becomes expendable for a Mayo-type player.
            You saved me the time from typing all the same stuff!
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Yes please.

It's easy. All the Raptors have to do is win the lottery and then trade that pick and any of Bayless/Amir/Davis/DeRozan/2x2nd round picks/future 1st round picks to NO/Portland/Utah for their 2 lower lottery picks and hope they're high enough to snag both MKG and Beal. Piece of cake.

Comment

Batum and Beal would be pretty sweet with DeMar playing the reserve role for both positions.

But keeping with the options

Gilchrist and DeMar

Comment

I'm under the delusion that we draft Anthony Davis.. therefore my vote goes to JJ and Demar.

Comment

Gilchrist at SG and James Johnson at SF with Valanciunas at C is enough to make us a defensive nightmare
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                      Gilchrist at SG and James Johnson at SF with Valanciunas at C is enough to make us a defensive nightmare
                      I agree.

The flip side is MKG at SG and JJ at SF is enough to make us an offensive nightmare as well.

I should clarify that statement with, "As the roster currently stands...."

Comment

is MKGs shot really that broken? JJ has fixed his rather nicely
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

For me MKG is looking more PF than SG, because he's good defender and rebounder, but not so quick and not ideal outside scorer
                          (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

D.Williams / Beal / MKG :-)

Comment

Beal/Derozan?

Comment

Working...
                              X