Contract Options on Casey & Colangelo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

c_bcm wrote: View Post
    Extending both is a no brainer. As mentioned, this is a strong showing for the off-season and gives BC alot of credibility in the league. Worst-case scenario, BC shits the bed this summer, at which point you fire him (and pay him) and let Stefanski run the show for the next 2 years.
    Good god. Don't even joke about Stefanski. This is a joke, right? Seriously, just a joke? Come on, just trolling, right? Right?

Comment

Its only money. And it doesn't count against the cap. I am not particularly concerned about mlse's bottom line...they make enough of a profit. Extend them both. Main reasoning for me is BC changing his basic team building philosophy to a defense first posture and then hiring a coach who espoused that. DC has essentially taken ragtag bunch and has significantly improved their defensive standing in the league. Of course the perception of ongoing stability is important too. BC just has to execute this off season. Ticket sales and tv eyeballs are going to be dependent on this. If he lays an egg ownership will have no option.
      Last edited by Bendit; Wed Mar 28, 2012, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Pick up both options ... Casey has been out of this world, and BC is doing things the right way - don't castrate his ability to make offers, moves, and appear in charge.
        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
          Good god. Don't even joke about Stefanski. This is a joke, right? Seriously, just a joke? Come on, just trolling, right? Right?
          Not a troll. He's a reasonable bridge between BC and whoever gets hired next. From an ownership perspective, he's already on the books and has GM pedigree. Just sayin' that extending BC doesn't mean to have to stick with him if he screws up this summer.
          Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Unless Colangelo blows the off-season I don't see how he doesn't get extended. His main opposition is no longer in the picture to block him from coming back. Sure, there may be more doubters but he's done good work this year and now he has things poised for a big off-season which will in turn see the Raptors jump up significantly in the standings next season. Sort of like you saw in 2006. Only this time with real long term core pieces leading the way.

Comment

I agree with Jack, as I do most of the time. Its important that you show a real sense of solidarity heading into the off-season and show free agent that the raptors are on the right path for the future

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                Unless Colangelo blows the off-season I don't see how he doesn't get extended. His main opposition is no longer in the picture to block him from coming back. Sure, there may be more doubters but he's done good work this year and now he has things poised for a big off-season which will in turn see the Raptors jump up significantly in the standings next season. Sort of like you saw in 2006. Only this time with real long term core pieces leading the way.
                We hope

Comment

IMO BC is one of the top GM's in the NBA and everyone knows him. We should keep him cause he knows wtf he is doing, he's a smart motherfucker. I don't want to dump his ass and then F up our rebuilding plans.

Comment

Working...
                  X