Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuckster picks Kentucky to beat the Toronto Raptors. Charlotte has a chance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuckster picks Kentucky to beat the Toronto Raptors. Charlotte has a chance.

Mindless drivel Sir Charles is capable of spewing out. First link for the video. I still love him though.
    Also love Case's response -
    “I’m glad Charles feels that way,” Casey said. “That’s why he’s commentating and not coaching.”

http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog...ucky-wildcats/

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle2382145/

Seriously though, what makes him pick out Toronto? The Bobcats are disgustingly bad, and have 5 or 6 wins if Im not mistaken. He's such a wanker.

Comment

" CBS didn’t hire Charles Barkley for their tournament halftime show because he’s actually knowledgeable about college basketball. They brought him on board because he can be entertaining and controversial, often at the same time. He’s supposed to be an attention-grabber — and as this post proves, mission accomplished."

Already spent too much time on this. :-)

Comment

visko23 wrote: View Post
        Seriously though, what makes him pick out Toronto? The Bobcats are disgustingly bad, and have 5 or 6 wins if Im not mistaken. He's such a wanker.
        Well considering two of those 7 wins came against The Raptors......

Comment

no way

http://dimemag.com/2012/03/no-one-is...s-a-monster/2/

"… Can we please drop this whole Kentucky vs. the NBA argument. We’re not sure we can make it any clearer. They would have NO CHANCE again an NBA team. What is so hard to figure out? They have four NBA players on their entire team. NBA teams have 12 NBA players. "

I remember a similar argument when my friends used to say that the best NCAA football team could beat the worst NFL team???? no &*%^*& way....its men vs. boys....ppl dont realize its a whole other level of play.

Comment

visko23 wrote: View Post
            You think Charles would dump on MJ's team on national television? Come on now.

Comment

This is a mixture of the Raptors chronic troubles over the last few years, American ethnocentrism, and the fact Chuck is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. As Casey implied...he's an entertainer. He's there to kiss Donkey Ass when he's wrong. We all of course remember Yao Ming? If he didn't say ridiculous reactionary stuff he wouldn't be the Chuckster...

I personally wouldn't have him any other way.

Comment

Put away the salami and cheese, I thought this thread was about somebody else.

The Raptors are an easy target. No one should be upset by a joke like this.

Comment

This from ESPN:

NEW YORK -- Stan Van Gundy said Wednesday the notion that Kentucky could beat an NBA team is "absurd."

The Orlando Magic coach was asked about comments by former Maryland coach Gary Williams, who told a Washington radio station he thought the Wildcats could beat the NBA's Washington Wizards in one game at Rupp Arena.

The Wildcats, the favorites to win the NCAA championship, have multiple players who are expected to be NBA lottery picks. Forward Anthony Davis could be the No. 1 overall pick if he enters the draft.

That's not enough for Van Gundy.

"Look, it's absurd," he said before the Magic faced the New York Knicks. "I mean, people will say, 'Oh, Kentucky, you know's, got four NBA players.' Yeah, well the other team's got 13."

Van Gundy said the talent level, experience and age of the players would favor the NBA team, even one as bad as the Wizards (11-38).

"Could anything happen on a one-night thing? I mean, I suppose, you have major upsets all the time. So, maybe, but it'd be rare and in a series it'd be a joke," Van Gundy said. "It wouldn't be close. That's just the way it is. John Calipari's got a lot of talent; he does not have 13 NBA players. He just doesn't. And even if those guys all are, they're all NBA rookies. I mean, when has that ever been a success in the NBA? So, no, they're not going to win."

Comment

It's hard to argue with that logic.

Comment

Ok, so Kentucky wouldn't beat an NBA team. How do you think they would fare against a Euroleague squad?

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                        Ok, so Kentucky wouldn't beat an NBA team. How do you think they would fare against a Euroleague squad?
                        I'd say that depends against what team, what the stakes are and fiba rules or nba rules.

Comment

Dwane Casey burned Charles Barkey big time. Charles should retire from life after that

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            Dwane Casey burned Charles Barkey big time. Charles should retire from life after that
                            lol, "retire from life". Does that mean he should kill himself?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              lol, "retire from life". Does that mean he should kill himself?
                              yup

Comment

Working...
                              X