Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miami HEAT - March 30 (preview 39) Ahhhh, CB feels bad for struggling Raptors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami HEAT - March 30 (preview 39) Ahhhh, CB feels bad for struggling Raptors.

Isn't that just precious.

While Chris Bosh is focused on the home stretch of the regular season with the Miami Heat , he can’t help but feel bad for his former Toronto Raptors teammates.

Bosh and the Heat roll into town to take on the Raptors on Friday and the seven-time NBA all-star said he doesn’t enjoy watching his old squad suffer.

"It's never fun watching your friends struggle," Bosh told Tim & Sid on Sportsnet 590 The Fan Wednesday. "It's just tough to see these guys struggle, especially with Andrea (Bargnani) and Jose (Calderon). To see guys go through that struggle it's hard, but you find out what you're really made of (when you go through tough times during a season)."

While Friday’s game won’t be Bosh’s first trip back to the Air Canada Centre, the seven-time NBA all-star said it's still an odd feeling coming into building as a visitor.

"I wore that uniform for a while," Bosh said. "I felt backwards (the first time back at the ACC). It's always a challenge (going back to Toronto) but eventually I'll get used to it."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2...ors_struggles/
    Personally, I think Bosh can go eat a big F-U sandwich.

The Raptors might be struggling in the standings but anyone paying attention can see the progression of the team. I feel better about the Raptors now than I have in years. Depending on how the off-season goes, I might be ecstatic soon enough.

So how are you feeling these days?

Good, Bad, Indifferent?
    Good
    36.67%
    Bad
    10.00%
    Indifferent
    53.33%

Haven't felt this good about the Raps for years. I have even enjoyed more games this year than in the last couple, despite the shortened season. the current line up tries hard most nights, shows some flashes and prospects for a talent injection are huge. They have already won what you (and I) expected them to for the season and it looks like they will be low to mid twenties for the win column. I truly believe they could threaten to get into the play-offs next year, with every reason to expect (young players with a high ceiling for their draft picks) to continue to improve for the next couple.

Comment

I feel pretty good, but there is that little feeling in the back of my mind that the rug could be pulled out any second.
      Although Andrea had a decent game last night vs. Denver, he has not seemed to bounce back to that early season swagger he seemed to have. Maybe he just needed a little more time to find his groove again and will be the player we all wish him to be. Bayless puts on his show of a few great statistical games to create debate, then gets beat up and shelved for the season. Demar, while still tapping into his potential, is a 3rd option type player, but he may be a very good 3rd option if he can just find that something that is missing. Jose does his thing, but he is one National team injury away from causing us to take a step back in progressing, I feel he is SUPER IMPORTANT to having Jonas have an easy transition to the NBA.
      The other usual suspects are teetering right on the top of the fence, and what way they fall could determine how fast we climb the standings.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
        I feel pretty good, but there is that little feeling in the back of my mind that the rug could be pulled out any second.
        Although Andrea had a decent game last night vs. Denver, he has not seemed to bounce back to that early season swagger he seemed to have. Maybe he just needed a little more time to find his groove again and will be the player we all wish him to be. Bayless puts on his show of a few great statistical games to create debate, then gets beat up and shelved for the season. Demar, while still tapping into his potential, is a 3rd option type player, but he may be a very good 3rd option if he can just find that something that is missing. Jose does his thing, but he is one National team injury away from causing us to take a step back in progressing, I feel he is SUPER IMPORTANT to having Jonas have an easy transition to the NBA.
        The other usual suspects are teetering right on the top of the fence, and what way they fall could determine how fast we climb the standings.
        I share a lot of those concerns.

What I feel good about is Casey. He is a teacher and a coach which is great for a young and evolving team.

I also feel good about the composition of the roster and flexibility moving forward. I don't know what information Jack Armstrong is privy to but of late he has been making a lot of references to big changes and roster overhaul for next season.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Isn't that just precious.

Personally, I think Bosh can go eat a big F-U sandwich.

The Raptors might be struggling in the standings but anyone paying attention can see the progression of the team. I feel better about the Raptors now than I have in years. Depending on how the off-season goes, I might be ecstatic soon enough.

So how are you feeling these days?

Good, Bad, Indifferent?
          It really feels like the girl who dumped you for another guy but pretends to be concerned about your well-being and wishes you were doing ok, cause she assumes you're not since you're still single.

Reality is that she does not care, and you don't care that she does not care because even if you're still single, you feel way better that when you were with her. And to be honest, when she left, you thought it would be way way harder to get over it : the simplicity of the healing tells a lot about what she meant to you.

Now here's how this kind of story usually ends : you end up finding an awesome girlfriend just around the moment she gets dumped by her new fancy guy.

But you don't even wish it ends up that way, she's not that important in your life anyway...

Comment

I agree with Matt52....he can go eat F-U Sandwiches at the all u can eat F-U Sandwich Buffet.

Comment

I've literally never felt more optimistic about the team ...

I was super happy to get Casey, but never dreamed i'd see the team (low on talent) compete so hard, so early in his tenure. It really is no joke that he came from a championship environment, and he really seems to get through to players.

Bargnani is showing what I always dreamed he could do leading an offense, even with more D than I thought he could ... lovin' it.

Jonas ... May be the most talented C we've ever had ... getting him early in his career ... gonna be a long run.

Add in the cap space, the very high pick in a stacked lottery class ... and returning talent like JJ, Ed, DD, Amir, Jose, LK - i'll even add Forbes and Gray ... S&T Bayless or Sonny ... lots of assets for BC to work with here - and he is a magician with putting deals together.

As for Bosh ... I don't have much hate for him ... never had much love for him ... and what are we missing from when he was here? Annual trips to the lotto, with a 1st round pounding twice every 7 years? Meh.
              The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Put me in the "feels good" (like Tony Toni Tone) camp.

But I agree with WJF, it can very easily go south. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Bosh is right, you really do find out what you're made of during the tough times. For him he found out that he isn't strong enough to overcome it and instead needs to ride other peoples coattails.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Bosh is right, you really do find out what you're made of during the tough times. For him he found out that he isn't strong enough to overcome it and instead needs to ride other peoples coattails.
                    well said. I'll take this team over any of the last few we've had.

Comment

I missed the quote where he says he feels sorry for the Raptors; I only see one about his former teammates.

My hopes are high, but I have a few things I'm afraid of:

1. I barely watch college basketball, but from what I've read we could be drafting Barnes and he could be very underwhelming.

2. We trade Calderon and don't find anything resembling a good pointguard for years.

3. We don't trade Calderon and Matt gets his I-told-you-so moment.

4. Colangelo starts to think development too much and doesn't trade either DeRozan, Davis, J Johnson or Bargnani if and when he should.

4. We overpay for a freeagent who goes all 'ball' on us.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                        I missed the quote where he says he feels sorry for the Raptors; I only see one about his former teammates.

My hopes are high, but I have a few things I'm afraid of:

1. I barely watch college basketball, but from what I've read we could be drafting Barnes and he could be very underwhelming.

2. We trade Calderon and don't find anything resembling a good pointguard for years.

3. We don't trade Calderon and Matt gets his I-told-you-so moment.

4. Colangelo starts to think development too much and doesn't trade either DeRozan, Davis, J Johnson or Bargnani if and when he should.

4. We overpay for a freeagent who goes all 'ball' on us.
                        For what it is worth, I certainly hope that moment never occurs.

Comment

I am very excited about this Raps team, they have a lot more potential than any team we've had for years.

I think that Bosh is being genuine here. Him, Jose, and Bargs were all teammates for a long time and with both Jose and Andrea having injuries this season as well as losing a lot of games he might legitimately feel something for his old teammates. I really think there is a large part of him that regrets his decision to become "that other guy" on the Heat.
                          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Your right about Bosh which is great for him as an individual as he now has a shot at title year in year out and probably added some more years to his career with less heavy lifting. Even better for the Raptors as signing him to a max contract would have crippled there flexibility going forward and put them in the mediocrity treadmill with zero chance at a championship. Would have been great to get something for him of value but I'll trade nothing for him on a max any day. The future is brighter today then it's been in a long time. For the first time I can remember this is a true rebuild and BC looks to be staying to course not taking shortcuts!

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                              I think that Bosh is being genuine here. Him, Jose, and Bargs were all teammates for a long time and with both Jose and Andrea having injuries this season as well as losing a lot of games he might legitimately feel something for his old teammates. I really think there is a large part of him that regrets his decision to become "that other guy" on the Heat.
                              Then the question should be :

How do you think Jose and Bargs feel about being part of this team ? Are they excited about the project and the future of this team ? Or do they feel that it's not really theirs (because of potential trade rumors) and they're wasting some precious career years ?

Comment

Working...
                              X