Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If We Land A.Drummond Trade: Raps - Thunder - Timberwolves

Toronto trade Jose Calderon + Ed Davis + Linas Kleiza
    Toronto receives Michael Beasly + Luke Ridnour + Nick Collison + OKC 1st round pick (29th)

OKC trade Nick Collison + OKC 1st round pick + Thalbo Thelfolosha + Nazr Mohammad + Cash
    OKC receives Ed Davis, Martell Webster, Anthony Randolph

Timberwolves trade Martell Webster, Anthony Randolph, Luke Ridnour, Michael Beasly
    Timberwolves receives Jose Calderon, Linas Kleiza, Thalbo Thelfolosha, Nazr Mohammad + Cash

Why Toronto: We can't have that many power forwards, we will probably have one of the best front court in the league with Bargs, Val, Drummond, and Amir. So I see Ed Davis being the odd man out to net us a starter caliber SF. I have always liked Beasly tenacity in the 2010-11 season not so much this season possibly due to injuries and possibly with a change of scenery, he can make a contribution. There were rumors circulating last year for a possible Calderon + package deal for Beasly; however getting Beasly would make Colangelo look dumb for not acquiring him with the Bosh trade. We also acquire Ridnour who will battle for the starting spot with Bayless on this team. Nick Collison is garbage but we get a 1st round pick (29th - either pick up Marquis Teague or Quincy Miller)

Why Oklahoma: Let's say the Thunder makes the championship, i don't see them make any drastic moves but if not, with the service of Ed Davis (possibly a change of scenery and a move to a championship-caliber team can motivate him to become a special player he rightfully deserves). The Thunder also acquire two veteran who can help them out in Webster and A.Randolph.

Why Thunder: Calderon is a great backup for Rubio, both Spanish and both tremendous passers. Linas Kleiza when healthy can run for 6th man or instantly start for the team if W.johnson doesn't pan out (depends who they draft - possibly H.Barnes or MKG). Seflosha is a terrific defender and could possibly defend for the team and as for Nazr Mohammad, a terrific veteran center.

Raps Lineups
    Bayless/Ridnour/Teague*
    DeRozan/Forbes/S.Weems??
    Beasly/Johnson/Q.Miller
    Bargs/Amir/Collison
    Val/Drummond/Gray

Nope.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Hell no

Comment

is Beasley not a free agent this summer? I think Webster is too

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
          Beasely is. I dont think Webster is, but Randolph and Mohammed are as well.
          No way this deal goes down.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
            Webster is a team option.

Comment

There is no chance that Beasley ever joins the Raptors. Colangelo has an aversion to head cases.

Comment

Please, no. How is that trade improving our team in any way?

Comment

Working...
                X