April 3 - Charlotte Bobcats - Dilemma Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I was not impressed with Andre's game. He had 30 but 22 shots. The 3 rebound was bad like usual but, he let a no body(Mullens) have career night 14 rebounds. If your not going to rebound make sure your opponent doesn't get it at leats. His lucky were falling out of the range of T-Rob..
    These type of comments drive me crazy! Do you really think it was a one on one game with these tow players all game? You do realize that Gray matched up with Mullens quite a bit, as did both Ed and Amir. I too would like to see more than 3 boards from Andrea, but don't put it all on him for having a guy grab 14 in a team game where Andrea started at the 4 and Mullens at the 5.

For the record, 30 points on 22 shots is not bad.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      Mcadoo
      Mcadoo has Marvin Williams written all over him at this time. The only difference was Marvin Williams was 6th man on a championship team.

I'm probably being way too superficial in this comparison but that is just my opinion of him.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
        Agreed, can't complain about 30 points on 22 shots (he shot 50%).

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
          Lol, I'm all for pride wins at this point. At best we get the third worst record, chances are we get the 4th. Nothing to be done about it now
          Chances are slim we get 4th ... I wish.

Bobcats, Hornets & Wizards will be below us - guaranteed. That would leave us at 4th.
          We are currently ahead of the Cavs and Nets, and tied with the Kings ...

Sadly that's 6th or 7th right now ... seeing how the Cavs have lost 8 straight, i'd say it's tank time in Cleveland.

6th or 7th could end up being Barnes or Beal, if Sullinger and/or Lamb jump up ... but lessens our chances of jumping into the top 3 big time!
          The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Some notes of this awful game. I haven't watched a lot of games this year because, well, we suck. But I did manage to stay for the first 3 quarters before just being bored out of my mind and just leaving.

- During the opening/intro it dawned on me that I can no longer relate to young people. From the loud obnoxious intro music, to the video of players standing around posing for the camera and a bunch of dunks, to the pyrotechnics that I shielded my eyes from. I can no longer be considered a "young" adult from a NBA culture point of view. I'm officially old.

- Charlotte is a terrible team. It became quite apparent to me why this team has only 7 wins. This is a team with very little talent.

- Kemba is not a shoot first point guard as everyone thinks. It's just that when he passes to his teammates, they don't score. He finds open teammates, but they just miss. Kemba could easily have had 15 assists tonight, but finished with just 7. He did have a sweet steal from Bargs, who was going up for a layup and somehow despite the ball being 3 feet above his head Kemba managed to knock it loose for a clean steal.

- You know how Jose Calderon brings the ball down and runs plays? And when a play breaks down, they pass it back to Jose so he can try to run a different play? Charlotte doesn't do that. When the play breaks down (which is 90% of the time), it becomes every-man-for-himself. The point guard whether it's Augustin or Kemba will be lucky to the see the ball again after his initial pass. I'm not quite sure what Paul Silas is doing out there. They reminded me of the Leafs out there with their patented dump the ball towards the opponents net and hope something materializes from that.

- Also, Charlotte doesn't set effective picks. Again I have to wonder what is Paul Silas doing? I know your team doesn't have a lot of good players, but the least you can do is coach.

- Aaron Gray was a good pickup.

- Who the hell is Byron Mullens? I guess my biggest hope for next year is that we can stop giving up career games to scrub NBA centers. Mullens looked like a white Tim Duncan last night, because we suck that much up the middle. 20 points, 14 rebounds, 2 blocks. I guess I'll take it Bargnani's 30 points but 3 rebounds? Really?

- Invisible in the first half, DeRozan complained to refs as he kept getting blocked because of his nonchalant approach when within 3-5 feet of the basket. He found his mojo in the second half with jump shots but he's really got to go harder to the rack if he wants to be effective in there. He's way too timid for a guy with his athleticism. Go hard, take a hard foul if you have to, even if you get called for a charge, just show us something!

- Kleiza was feeling it early, he nailed some 3s where he was already heading back on defense the minute the ball left his hands. But then he stopped feeling it.

- I'm starting to have some doubts about Ed Davis. He's the big man version of DeMar DeRozan on this team. He's just not very assertive, and often has spurts of timidness around the basket like DeRozan. After watching Thomas Robinson of the Kansas Jayhawks, I've decided that having a big man without a meanstreak is kind of pointless nowadays. You need to be a bully out there, or just don't show up. Ed had 6 points and 7 rebounds and I only remember seeing 2 of those points and none of the rebounds.

I've got to stop taking my wife to these types of games. She doesn't like basketball to begin with and these kinds of games aren't exactly helping me change her mind.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Mcadoo has Marvin Williams written all over him at this time. The only difference was Marvin Williams was 6th man on a championship team.

I'm probably being way too superficial in this comparison but that is just my opinion of him.
              i don't get that feeling at all. i think talent wise, he's probably the most talented player on the tar heels this past year. anyways, we'll see what happens!

these next 2 months are going to bloooooooooow
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

i don't get that feeling at all. i think talent wise, he's probably the most talented player on the tar heels this past year. anyways, we'll see what happens!

these next 2 months are going to bloooooooooow
                we're only talking opinions here and no one can tell the future but the talk on Williams in 2005 was how much talent and potential he has. Remember Atlanta picked him #2 despite having a real NEED for a PG and in doing so they bypassed Deron Williams and Chris Paul.

I really hope Mcadoo sticks around UNC for another year to get a better idea of what he is all about. He certainly has the heritage. But if I were him and I was being told I would go top 10, I'm gone.

Comment

i wouldn't put much stock into what atlanta does in the draft...
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                    - I'm starting to have some doubts about Ed Davis. He's the big man version of DeMar DeRozan on this team. He's just not very assertive, and often has spurts of timidness around the basket like DeRozan. After watching Thomas Robinson of the Kansas Jayhawks, I've decided that having a big man without a meanstreak is kind of pointless nowadays. You need to be a bully out there, or just don't show up. Ed had 6 points and 7 rebounds and I only remember seeing 2 of those points and none of the rebounds.

I've got to stop taking my wife to these types of games. She doesn't like basketball to begin with and these kinds of games aren't exactly helping me change her mind.
                    Accurate write up as came across on the tv. And how true this point is. ED seems to be sleep walking thru the season. At least one sees DD trying to adjust and is active enough. If your bigs are not intimidating you are definitely not going to run with the big boys.

Comment

These type of comments drive me crazy! Do you really think it was a one on one game with these tow players all game? You do realize that Gray matched up with Mullens quite a bit, as did both Ed and Amir. I too would like to see more than 3 boards from Andrea, but don't put it all on him for having a guy grab 14 in a team game where Andrea started at the 4 and Mullens at the 5.

Especially when he hit 11 and missed 6 straight from about 6:30-1:30.

Over that last 1:20, he hit:

long 2
                      post up score
                      2 free throws.

It is to the point now where the battle lines have been drawn for Bargnani. If you don't like him by now you never will. If you are a fan, you always will. It always comes down to the same tried and true arguments for and against the guy. He is always going to be a polarizing figure among those who have a traditional mindset of what basketball 'should' be and those who tolerate or even embrace thinking outside traditional lines. By now, whether you love him or hate him, everyone recognizes what Bargnani can do and realizes he is never going to grab significant rebounds at the PF or C spot or play amazing help defense.

Comment

i wouldn't put much stock into what atlanta does in the draft...
                        lol - nor would I. Which is kind of the point. They have bought the hype over the years.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                          Accurate write up as came across on the tv. And how true this point is. ED seems to be sleep walking thru the season. At least one sees DD trying to adjust and is active enough. If your bigs are not intimidating you are definitely not going to run with the big boys.
                          It's funny I saw this game and made those comments and then I read Chisholm's article. I guess he's on the way out, which is okay by me at this point.
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

Comment

Mullens started at the 4 actually

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Especially when he hit 11 and missed 6 straight from about 6:30-1:30.

Over that last 1:20, he hit:

long 2
                              post up score
                              2 free throws.

It is to the point now where the battle lines have been drawn for Bargnani. If you don't like him by now you never will. If you are a fan, you always will. It always comes down to the same tried and true arguments for and against the guy. He is always going to be a polarizing figure among those who have a traditional mindset of what basketball 'should' be and those who tolerate or even embrace thinking outside traditional lines. By now, whether you love him or hate him, everyone recognizes what Bargnani can do and realizes he is never going to grab significant rebounds at the PF or C spot or play amazing help defense.
                              As much as I hate his game I want Bargnani to stay because he wants to stay in Toronto.

And we need to stop making excuses for him. We have Matt devlin on BC's payroll doing that already. Mullens played well against him. Putting Biyombo on him for a few plays does not change this.

Comment

This maybe misplaced...but does anyone else notice that Barnani looks especially wan/paler (like he is sick) and keeps sucking for air during stops in play (bending over at the foul line like he needs a blow). He wasnt like this during those "13" games and Iam thinking about his backtothesoftplay on defense posture. I think he always had a bit of a stamina issue but these games after his injury he has been less frisky (not that he is any jumping jack).

Comment

Working...
                                X