Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade the pick: ESPN late to the party (274)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there are teams who are willing to offer their best player, then id trade the pick. Some teams could be on the verge of rebuilding, or might want to get rid of their superstars who they might think are not a part of their future anymore, i.e. Rondo, Gay, Granger, E.Gordon, B. Jennings.

Comment

This is one off the best drafts in quit some time i think you keep the draft pick unless some team makes you an offer that you cant turn down.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
        If there are teams who are willing to offer their best player, then id trade the pick. Some teams could be on the verge of rebuilding, or might want to get rid of their superstars who they might think are not a part of their future anymore, i.e. Rondo, Gay, Granger, E.Gordon, B. Jennings.
        If i was offered any of those players for our draft pick i would be stupid if i didnt trade the pick for them but thats just me.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          I think with BC's desire to hit next season running trading the pick if we fall out of the top 7 or so becomes very real
          It's something I've been thinking about when I look at the roster. The current roster seems a mess to me if you're adding two 20-year olds to a mix where your two best players are a 27 year old PF in the prime of his career and a 30-year old PG at the end of his. If the plan is to continue to have Bargs and Derozan as focal points and WIN NOW, then I don't see any value of adding rookies whose primes are 4-5 years away from even starting. If there is a shift to building around JV and the 2012 pick, then I don't see the sense of continuing to run the team around Bargs/Derozan/Calderon.

Again, I know Matt has "5 years, finally gets it" pic and a lot of people have confidence in this front office but I am still unclear what the grand plan is in Raptorland. When I hear, "we're developing the young guys" and see Calderon and Bargs playing 40 minutes, I sense dissonance and ask, 'what young guys?'. My fear, is that they're adopting some half-assed approach that gets the team nowhere.

It's the main reason I am hoping against hope for the #1 pick. It would mean the end of the Bargnani era, a restructuring of this roster, and a clear direction that the organization is building around JV/Davis. Short of that, I see a lot more Bargnani and Derozan and a lot more losing....

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
            I would not trade for Jennings or Eric Gordon using a pick in the 4-9 range. Gordon in his 4 season on NBA has played 78, 62, 56, and 2 games, that is 3 seasons in a row missing significant time, not good fat all. Jennings still has some upside, but how does he fit with a defensive coach and a team with bigs that need touches?
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

wow guys. calm down - trade the pick? what many of you have talked about tanking for? the only way you could justify trading this pick is by getting multiple first round picks in the future. anything else and you are shooting yourself in the foot.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                I would not trade for Jennings or Eric Gordon using a pick in the 4-9 range. Gordon in his 4 season on NBA has played 78, 62, 56, and 2 games, that is 3 seasons in a row missing significant time, not good fat all. Jennings still has some upside, but how does he fit with a defensive coach and a team with bigs that need touches?
                You forget that Scott skiles is a defencive minded coach and for bigs not getting enough touches im sure Bogut got some but you cant blame him for being a ball hog just look at his team. And for eric gordon Im sure Alex Mckechnie could have a look at him since he is one off the best At what he does

Comment

You could just sign Gordon...
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    You could just sign Gordon...
                    Is he not restricted?

Comment

Sure
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Trading the pick is a ridiculous idea, this is a loaded draft and I think there are 7-8 players who can be real forces in the years to come. If the raps get 3-5 take MKG, 6-8 BRADLEY BEAL.
                        I am starting to get really impatient with Derozan, so having Beal (a shooting guard with size who is a straight shooter and awesome rebounder) could solidify our hole at the 2 spot. That would allow derozan and jj (along with maybe a wing free agent) to share minutes with Beal.

Comment

The only way I trade the pick is if the incoming package includes another lottery pick in this year's draft.

For example: If we fall in the 5-9 range and the players we covet (Davis, MKG, Beal, Barnes) are off the board, maybe we either trade up to get them with our early 2nd rounder or Ed Davis included, or trade down a few spots to the range of a few other interesting pieces in the later lottery range (Lillard, Marshall, Rivers) and pick-up another asset in the process.
                          The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                            Is he not restricted?
                            Yes - not only is Eric Gordon restricted, he is also the centrepiece of the deal that set Chris Paul out of town. I'd say New Orleans matches ... almost any amount.
                            The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Eric Gordon has been mentioned in many threads this season. When healthy, he's a solid, solid player. But isn't anyone concerned about his injuries?

In his 4-year career, Gordon has played a total of 198 games. During that span, he's also missed 101 games (and counting).

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Eric Gordon has been mentioned in many threads this season. When healthy, he's a solid, solid player. But isn't anyone concerned about his injuries?

In his 4-year career, Gordon has played a total of 198 games. During that span, he's also missed 101 games (and counting).
                                What it comes down to for me is, why get someone on payday when you may be able to draft Beal - or another SG with NBA ready game, and pay them much less for the next 4 years ... use your FA money elsewhere, or save some of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X