Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade the pick: ESPN late to the party (274)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just hope BC makes a bold move one way or another. With all the assets he has, he could either try to go big in the draft (ie: trade up or trade for multiple lottery picks) or trade for veteran player(s). My biggest fear is that he won't pull the trigger either way and will be content keeping a mid-late lottery pick and a deep roster full of good-but-not-great players (ie: Davis, Amir, JJ, DD, Kleiza, Bayless).

- trade up for a top-3 pick to get a star
    - trade for an additional lottery pick to add two solid rotation players
    - trade assets (players and/or picks) for legit established big-name starter type (ie: Gay, Mayo, Batum)

Available Assets
    - Ed Davis
    - Amir Johnson
    - James Johnson
    - Linas Kleiza
    - DeMar DeRozan
    - Jeryd Bayless (would need to be S&T)
    - Jose Calderon (especially if Nash might sign with Toronto)
    - 2012 lottery pick
    - 2012 #38 pick
    - 2012 #56 pick
    - 2013 1st round pick (can't trade both 2012 & 2013 1st rounders)

Just don't stand pat!

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      I hope that is not the case.
      You can more than hope because it's probably more opinion than fact in his answer.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        I just hope BC makes a bold move one way or another. With all the assets he has, he could either try to go big in the draft (ie: trade up or trade for multiple lottery picks) or trade for veteran player(s). My biggest fear is that he won't pull the trigger either way and will be content keeping a mid-late lottery pick and a deep roster full of good-but-not-great players (ie: Davis, Amir, JJ, DD, Kleiza, Bayless).pat!
        If we had a bunch of good players we'd be in the playoffs.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• yoni

What kind of package would we have to put together to get a guy like tyreke evans? And harden also? I think tyreke would be less and has same potential as harden if not more, juss a lil more work on his jump shot, and good coachin by mr.casey

Stephen Brotherston

Kings are looking for a small forward – the best Toronto can offer is James Johnson and draft picks, but I’d be hesitant to include their 1st round pick. Maybe Ed Davis & JJ.

If OKC decides to move Harden, the offers will be very good. The best Toronto can do is DeRozan & Davis plus their 1st – and their should be no hesitation on pulling the trigger on that deal.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-w...otherston-5712
          http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6ty9vxq

The pick (assuming 8th), DD, and ED for James Harden.

Would you?

Comment

• Yes
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• it's steep, but yes.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• a hundred times yes
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• actually now that i think about it i dunno
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I say no. It's just the beard. I think it holds him back. I'm not even kidding, it makes him less aero dynamic and shit. Maybe, that's just a superstition I have and I could be totally wrong.

I mean he's a nice player. But, for that price. The beard scares me away. Look at vince, he has a beard and he sucks, totally out of it. Plus, harden's got that sleepy/mcgrady type look that is always a turn off.

Maybe, beards just scare me.

P.S. Who wants to bet someone freaks out to this post and calls me a fuck face or idiot?

Comment

• I'd rather go after Mayo or Evans or Fields or Fernandez.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6ty9vxq

The pick (assuming 8th), DD, and ED for James Harden.

Would you?
                        That seems steep... that 8th could land you a great player and Harden could be the star on a team. I would like to see what DeRozan can do after this summer. How is Harden's defense? If he is a huge upgrade on defense then I am much more interested.
                        “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                        ― John Wooden

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post
                          That seems steep... that 8th could land you a great player and Harden could be the star on a team. I would like to see what DeRozan can do after this summer. How is Harden's defense? If he is a huge upgrade on defense then I am much more interested.
                          I can't seem to find the stat, but i remember reading that although OKC's Offensive points per possession goes up big time with harden on the floor compared to him off (obviously), so do their defensive points per possession. He's statistically a below average defender, the opposite of his counterpart Sefolosha. Although this may be cause of lack of trying, and mostly focusing on his offense, like many sixth men. I'd be extremely hesitant with this trade in particular, because of what DD could be as well, but if there was some way to trade for him another way, ie add in JJ forbes and our 2nd rounders, i'd pull the trigger and run as fast as i could

Comment

• stefan5301 wrote: View Post
                            I can't seem to find the stat, but i remember reading that although OKC's Offensive points per possession goes up big time with harden on the floor compared to him off (obviously), so do their defensive points per possession. He's statistically a below average defender, the opposite of his counterpart Sefolosha. Although this may be cause of lack of trying, and mostly focusing on his offense, like many sixth men. I'd be extremely hesitant with this trade in particular, because of what DD could be as well, but if there was some way to trade for him another way, ie add in JJ forbes and our 2nd rounders, i'd pull the trigger and run as fast as i could
                            This is simply wrong. The offensive rating goes up by a large margin, defensive rating by a minimal margin (www.basketball-reference.com/teams/OKC/2012.html).

Harden isn't below average defensively and he is arguably a top 5 shooting guard in the league and still on the rise.

Comment

• The thing with Harden is he gets to play alongside Durant AND Westbrook so he's rarely ever double teamed or hes alone vs second units. I'm not sure he does what he normally does as the #1 option.

Don't get me wrong Harden is a fantastic player, I just wonder if the price is too steep.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• DD, ED, 2012 second round (indiana's), 2013 first round pick, for Harden , done deal.
                                NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                                X