Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your 2012/13 Dream (Yet Also Logical and Doable) 10 Man Rotation

Goran Dragic (FA)
    Michael Kidd Gilchrist (get lucky in the draft, or trade up)
    Wilson Chandler (recent article suggested they signed him as a trade chip 7.5 is a LOT to pay for a bench player)
    Andrea Bargnani
    Jonas Valanciunas
    Jerryd Bayless (qualifying offer)
    Amir Johnson
    Aaron Gray
    Linas Kleiza
    Reggie Evans (FA)

Prediction Based On Talent 42wins 40 losses
    good for 7th or 8th in the east.
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Not sure if I like the idea of MKG playing shooting guard. Having a SG who can't create his own shot wouldn't be much of an improvement from DeRozan (at least on the offensive end). I think Beal would be a better fit with this particular lineup.

Comment

What happened to DD on your team?
      Was he traded for Chandler?

My team

Nash
      DD
      MKG
      Bargs
      Val

Bayless/Forbes
      Forbes/Bayless
      JJ
      Amir
      Gray

Comment

Here is my 10

PG Jose/Marshall
        SG Demar/Bayless
        SF James Johnson/MKG
        PF Andrea/Ed
        C Jonas/Gray

Amir or/and Linas is used with a second round pick to trade for Kendall Marshall. We would be a little young, but Jose, Gray, and Andrea bring enough experience to keep it together. Bayless and DeMar have been around long enough to not be totally new to the NBA either.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I don't mind a SG being mainly defense oriented with the PF being so offense oriented. The idea is the offensive players help spread the floor. If we have someone like Amir or Reggie Evans as a starting PF I would opt for a Ray Allen/ Eric Gordon type SG.
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Dragic is in no way involved in my Dream Scenario.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
              Here is my 10

PG Jose/Marshall
              SG Demar/Bayless
              SF James Johnson/MKG
              PF Andrea/Ed
              C Jonas/Gray

Amir or/and Linas is used with a second round pick to trade for Kendall Marshall. We would be a little young, but Jose, Gray, and Andrea bring enough experience to keep it together. Bayless and DeMar have been around long enough to not be totally new to the NBA either.
              Pretty decent 10 man rotation. Draft MKG and Marshall would be a excellent pass first PG we will need for the future. Jose would be an amazing mentor for the first few years before we let marshall start. If we cant get Marshall at the right price, we should look at drafting a teague or wroten.
              We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                My obtainable dream scenario and my actual dream scenario have a LOT of daylight between them

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  Well who is?

Fuck... people put a little effort in if you are going to rip on someone. Realistically Dragic could be had, maybe you don't like the fit, but what do you see as a potential 10 man rotation?
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I like Marshall at the Point...what's his injury prognosis?

That injury hurt his draft stock at all?

Comment

José/Dragic or Marshall/Third String PG
                      DD/Forbes or Weems
                      Batum or MKG/Kleiza
                      AB/Amir
                      JV/Gray/Alabi

Try to draft MKG, if you don't get too much luck in the lottery, use de first round along with Ed Davis and something else to Sign and Trade for Nico Batum. If you have enough money, sign Dragic. In case you can't spend so much, draft Kendall Marshall trading James Johnson and a future first round for a mid First.

Plus, draft Tornike Shengelia with one of the second round picks and let him a couple of years in Europe

Comment

Hello wrote: View Post
                        What happened to DD on your team?
                        Was he traded for Chandler?

My team

Nash
                        DD
                        MKG
                        Bargs
                        Val

Bayless/Forbes
                        Forbes/Bayless
                        JJ
                        Amir
                        Gray
                        In this case yeah he was part of a trade. I like Nash (obviously) seeing stuff come up about his back again though. I never thought to keep Forbes. But I do like what he has brought as of late

Comment

just read up on Tornike. Interesting prospect. One of those tweener forwards that are becoming quite common in the NBA.

Comment

calderon/marshall/bayless
                            derozan/bayless
                            MKG/Jared Dudley/JJ
                            Thomas Robinson/Ed Davis
                            Jonas Valaciunas/Aaron Gray

(Trade bargnani for dudley the suns first and second-rounder.)

Comment

four first round picks coming in during the same year....growing pains for sure

Comment

Working...
                              X