No announcement yet.

Your 2012/13 Dream (Yet Also Logical and Doable) 10 Man Rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like every scenario has TO drafting MKG or Davis. I guess this is a 'what if' thread. Those two are most likely going 1-2 or at worst 1-3. I think we as fans need to start looking at the guys projected to go 5-9. Oh, and not Barnes.

Comment

Beaverboi wrote: View Post
      Seems like every scenario has TO drafting MKG or Davis. I guess this is a 'what if' thread. Those two are most likely going 1-2 or at worst 1-3. I think we as fans need to start looking at the guys projected to go 5-9. Oh, and not Barnes.
      It is a "dream but realistic" thread. We do have a chance to get MKG and Davis, so these are realistic, but they are unlikely, hence the dream portion.
      If you want to see people's opinion on who to draft I suggest the Draft thread.

Anyway, after Rethinking I came up with a new team, this one is definitly more on the dream side then realistic side.

Nash (Sign in FA)
      Evans (Trade DD and Ed)
      Smith (Trade Bargs)
      A. Davis (Draft with #1)
      Val
      Bench:
      Jose
      Bayless
      JJ
      Amir
      Gray

Comment

Holliday/Wroten/Uzoh
        Beal/Forbes
        Derozen/JJ
        Bargs/Ed
        Big Val/Gray
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Any logical and doable rotation this team can achieve by next season isn't worth dreaming about.

But Nash would be cool, I guess.

Comment

I'd rip it apart.

Here's the future as I see is:
            C - Jonas
            PF - Drummond
            SF - Rudy Gay *
            SG - Eric Gordon*
            PG - Jose & whoever we draft in the future

Note:*
            - Eric Gordon will be had by offering him a max contract. NO is hesitant on a max contract with Gordon. If NO will match then we can offer them DD & ED or Bayless or all three for Gordon and ease them of the financial burden of a max contract and give them building blocks.
            - We offer up Bargs & possibly Bayless for Rudy Gay. Mem is going to have to resign Mayo & Allen and they're already bordering the luxury tax zone. They get scorers and cut salary as they have shown that they can go deep w/o Gay.

Why?
            Jonas is too skinny to bang with the bigger boys so we'd have a big body in Drummond to back him up. Once Drummond figures it out 'he will' be a monster. We'd have our own version of a M.Gasol/Randolph but with higher potential.
            Get two big time scorers who can defend in Gay & Gordon. We have the cap space with a couple of rooks so might as well get two max contracts while we can.
            Jose might be a defensive liability but the others are good enough defensively to help out. Jose has the skills to run this team for a long time (see the lesser skilled PG Derek Fisher). Also when his contract is up, we'll prob be able to sign him for much cheaper than now and also draft & groom a successor.

Comment

To start I love what Aaron Gray has brought to us and I think Gray is a poor mans Chris Kaman, so this offseason we bring Super Aaron Gray aka Chris Kaman to start at about 8mill a year
              next we bring back Sonny Weems, if healthy, to backup his boy Demar
              Now the big one! We bring back Kid Canada Mr Steve Nash, if we show him a good team I see no reason he wouldnt want to come back and we give him 10mill a year or even 15mill because we love him that much
              AND we draft best SF available (Harrison Barnes, Royce White, Perry Jones III, MKG)

PG: Steve Nash - Jose Calderon

SG: Demar Derozan - Sonny Weems

SF: Harrison Barnes - Linas Kleiza

PF: Andrea Bargnani - Amir Johnson/ Ed Davis

C: Chris Kaman - Jonas Valanciunas

thats next years lineup and if it dont work Calderon's contract is up after that year so thats 10 mill we can spend on either resigning Demar(if he becomes all star next year) or try and sign a SG
              but i think that kind of offensive team with Casey's defensive strategy could be very good
              Last edited by bust2gust; Tue Apr 10, 2012, 09:14 PM.

Comment

PG: Jrue Holiday
                SG: Bradley Beal
                SF: Rudy Gay
                PF: Andrea Bargnani
                C: Jonas Valanciunas

I'll let someone else figure out how to make it happen, lol.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  PG: Jrue Holiday
                  SG: Bradley Beal
                  SF: Rudy Gay
                  PF: Andrea Bargnani
                  C: Jonas Valanciunas

I'll let someone else figure out how to make it happen, lol.
                  How about this:

Toronto: Jrue Holiday, Rudy Gay, Elton Brand
                  Utah: Jose Calderon (TPE from Okur), Andre Iguoudala
                  Philadelphia: Devin Harris, Paul Millsap, Ed Davis, 2012 lottery pick from Utah
                  Memphis: DeMar DeRozan, Amir Johnson, James Johnson, future lottery protected 1st round pick from Raptors

Raptors draft Brad Beal.

Give Bayless his QO or use MLE to get a backup PG.

Trade Forbes, TPE, and 2 second rounders to Portland for Matthews (lol - not gonna happen).

Bring back Uzoh and Anderson.

Raptors lineup:

PG: Holiday, Bayless/MLE back up PG, Uzoh
                  SG: Beal, Matthews
                  SF: Gay, Kleiza, Anderson
                  PF: Bargnani, Brand, veteran banger
                  C: Valanciunas, Gray, Alabi

Nice work BryCo and Steffi - enjoy the rest of your summer!
                  Last edited by mcHAPPY; Wed Apr 18, 2012, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Haha, nice work Matt. Now there's a lineup I can stand behind, and is young (yet experienced) enough to make some noise in the east. I can even live with Bargnani's deficiencies considering the strong defensive players he's surrounded with.

Comment

I don't see "wet" anywhere in the thread title
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        I don't see "wet" anywhere in the thread title
                        I agree it should be. I can barely type with all the baby oil on my keyboard.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                          Holliday/Wroten/Uzoh
                          Beal/Forbes
                          Derozen/JJ
                          Bargs/Ed
                          Big Val/Gray
                          I like this one very much.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

my dream scenario is

andrianna lima, kate upton, maria sharapova, olivia munn all over me, hahaha

bargnani, MKG, rudy gay, DD, JJ, Ed, Bayless, JV, Gray, Big Cat, nash

Comment

PG - Nash/Calderon/Uzoh
                              SG - Derozan/Forbes/Anderson
                              SF - MKG/J. Johnson/Kleiza
                              PF - Bargnani/A. Johnson/davis
                              C - Valanciunas/Gray/Magloire

Sign Nash, draft Gilchrist. Easy dream. All we have to do is hope for the lottery spot, and convince Kid Canada to come to T.Dot.
                              Last edited by ReubenJRD; Fri Apr 20, 2012, 06:53 PM.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                              X