• Show
Clear All

qb5PHILA@hotmail.com wrote: View Post
    calderon/marshall/bayless
    derozan/bayless
    MKG/Jared Dudley/JJ
    Thomas Robinson/Ed Davis
    Jonas Valaciunas/Aaron Gray

(Trade bargnani for dudley the suns first and second-rounder.)
    Bro u need to wake up from ur wet dream -__- Id find it difficult to let go of Bargs. I`d be happy with either MKG or Robinson. They both really impressed me in the tourney.
    We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

This is hard to do, as we don't know the real trade value of any current Raptor.

My Dream Scenario
      1) let Magloire, Alabi, Bayless and Weems walk (or possibly use Bayless and/or Weems in S&T to acquire additional draft picks to sweeten trades in #4 and #5)
      2) re-sign Gray
      3) get lucky in the lottery --> draft MKG
      4) trade DeRozan & Toronto's 2nd round pick & a future 1st round pick for a lottery pick --> draft Beal
      5) trade Davis & Indi's 2nd round pick for a mid-1st round pick --> draft Marshall
      6) use cap space to sign OJ Mayo

10-Man Rotation
      C: Valanciunas, Gray
      PF: Bargnani, Amir
      SF: MKG, JJ
      SG: Mayo, Beal
      PG: Calderon, Marshall

Bench
      - Kleiza (3rd PF/SF)
      - Forbes (3rd SG/PG)

* An alternative to this would be to include Calderon in the DeRozan trade (maybe to Portland for NJ's draft pick) to get Beal, with Nash then being signed to replace Calderon. Nash may provide more of a veteran presence than Calderon, which would be critical when integrating so many fantastic young players... plus the obvious Captain Canada draw from a marketing perspective.
      Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Apr 4, 2012, 03:30 PM.

Comment

PG: Steve Nash - Jose Calderon

SG: Bradley Beal - Demar Derozan

SF: James Johnson - Linus Kleiza

PF: Andrea Bargnani - Amir Johnson

C: Jonas Valanciunas - Aaron Gray

How it happens:
        -Free Agent money gets spent on Nash
        -Beal is available when we're drafting
        -Gray re-signs
        - ... done ... simple dream, crazy team.

Still leaves us with an Ed Davis trade chip, S&T with Bayless and Sonny if desired, and our 2nd rounders.
        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Jose/Marshall
          Beal/DD/Bayless as a combo guard?
          Batum/JJ
          Barg/Amir
          Jonas/Gray

I feel like Beal has a really high ceiling, and putting him alongside batum with Derozan off the bench as a 6th man would be ideal for my dream scenario. But this is only one of my many scenarios..

Comment

I can't see DeRozan coming off the bench and being happy. Maybe if he started at eh 2 and slid to the 3 spot at time to make extra minutes for Beal.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
              PG: Steve Nash - Jose Calderon

SG: Bradley Beal - Demar Derozan

SF: James Johnson - Linus Kleiza

PF: Andrea Bargnani - Amir Johnson

C: Jonas Valanciunas - Aaron Gray

How it happens:
              -Free Agent money gets spent on Nash
              -Beal is available when we're drafting
              -Gray re-signs
              - ... done ... simple dream, crazy team.

Still leaves us with an Ed Davis trade chip, S&T with Bayless and Sonny if desired, and our 2nd rounders.
              the other good thing about this is if DeRozan doesn't want to shift to the bench, you can switch him for Bayless in the 6th man role.
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                the other good thing about this is if DeRozan doesn't want to shift to the bench, you can switch him for Bayless in the 6th man role.
                agreed...

I dont think you can keep jose and get nash, no diversity not to mention they arent young anymore, the nagging injuries between the two of them is enough to ruin a teams playoff hopes...not to mention all of the salary tied up in one position...

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                  Here is my 10

PG Jose/Marshall
                  SG Demar/Bayless
                  SF James Johnson/MKG
                  PF Andrea/Ed
                  C Jonas/Gray

Amir or/and Linas is used with a second round pick to trade for Kendall Marshall. We would be a little young, but Jose, Gray, and Andrea bring enough experience to keep it together. Bayless and DeMar have been around long enough to not be totally new to the NBA either.
                  3 rookies eh? All getting significant minutes? Sounds like you are hoping we tank next season too. Pretty sure BC wants to hit the ground running next season, not simply hit the ground.
                  Welp, that sucked.

Comment

I love how no one picked Anthony Davis in their line up. If MKG is doable then why can't Davis be? It is hypothetical after all...

Raptors are currently tied with Sacramento for 6th/7th place in the standings.. getting Davis is slightly less probable as getting MKG if the season ended today (assuming MKG was ranked #2).

Here is my dream line up (with a small pinch of reality):

Val
                    Davis
                    Gay
                    DD
                    Nash
                    Gray
                    Amir
                    JJ
                    Barbosa
                    Machado
                    Kleiza
                    Forbes
                    Nicholson

1) Draft Davis, Nicholson and Machado with our picks
                    2) Trade Bargs, Calderon, Ed Davis and 2013 #1 pick for Gay
                    3) Acquire Nash and Barbosa through free agency (Barbosa to help lure Nash)
                    4) Renounce Bayless, Weems and Alabi

That's a team that would challenge for the division title.
                    Last edited by planetmars; Wed Apr 4, 2012, 04:44 PM.

Comment

C Jonas Valanciunas / Amir Johnson
                      PF Andrea Bargnani
                      SF Andrei Kirilenko / James Johnson / Linas Kleiza
                      SG Demar Derozan / Bradley Beal
                      PG Jose Calderon / Kendal Marshal

BC work in the summer:

*Draft Bradley Beal (or MKG, Harrison Barnes)
                      *Trade Ed Davis and second round picks to lottery pick (draft Marshal)
                      *Sign Andrei Kirilenko

-We would have only Bargnani at PF, but AK47, Linas Kleiza and JJ all can play some PF, or Amir.
                      -Everything changes if we win lottery, then obviously we should draft Anthony Davis and maybe try to sign Eric Gordon, not Kirilenko
                      Last edited by japetas; Wed Apr 4, 2012, 04:52 PM.
                      (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

If we can't get AD:

Calderon/Dragic
                        DeRozan/Forbes
                        Barnes/Johnson
                        Bargnani/Davis
                        Valanciunas/Gray

Comment

draft: Anthony Davis (fingers crossed)

trade: Andrea Bargnani + Derozan: For whoever drafts beal.

free agent signing: overpay gerald wallace, veteran centre so jonas can adjust (roy hibbert, chris kaman etc..)
                          amnesty:Kleiza.

Roster:

C: Hibbert/Valanciunas
                          PF:Anthony Davis/Amir Johnson
                          SF:Gerald Wallace/James Johnson
                          SG:Beal/Forbes
                          PG:Calderon/Bayless

we are winning 45 games with this roster imo. Involves a lot of luck, and I'm not sure if andrea's value drops/increases before the season is over.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                            Goran Dragic (FA)
                            Michael Kidd Gilchrist (get lucky in the draft, or trade up)
                            Wilson Chandler (recent article suggested they signed him as a trade chip 7.5 is a LOT to pay for a bench player)
                            Andrea Bargnani
                            Jonas Valanciunas
                            Jerryd Bayless (qualifying offer)
                            Amir Johnson
                            Aaron Gray
                            Linas Kleiza
                            Reggie Evans (FA)

Prediction Based On Talent 42wins 40 losses
                            good for 7th or 8th in the east.

With regards to Chandler, I've wondered why Denver would pay so much for a backup player. It made me wonder if the salary was actually negotiated with the Raptors when he was in Toronto, to eventually be dealt to the Raptors as a delayed S&T deal. It is also interesting to note that Chandler's salary would fit nicely into Toronto's pre-July 1st TPE which was generated by the Barbosa trade (Chandler can be traded anytime after May 18).

Comment

Really eh? Interesting.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                                With regards to Chandler, I've wondered why Denver would pay so much for a backup player. It made me wonder if the salary was actually negotiated with the Raptors when he was in Toronto, to eventually be dealt to the Raptors as a delayed S&T deal. It is also interesting to note that Chandler's salary would fit nicely into Toronto's pre-July 1st TPE which was generated by the Barbosa trade (Chandler can be traded anytime after May 18).
                                I can't find the story but I read something recently saying, much like Amir Johnson, the initial value reported was not the true amount. It was something like 5 years and $30M with all of this year (21 games) being guaranteed. That would leave 4 years and around $24M per season. Around $6M per year would be VERY good for Chandler in my opinion - even though he has struggled re-adjusting to the NBA.

If anyone can find that link, I'd appreciate it. I've looked but can't find it. There is always the possibility I am wrong but I don't usually hallucinate such things.

Comment

Working...
                                X