If JV was in the 2012 draft....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    In this year's draft? I think he would go after Anthony Davis ... after that, it's a toss-up.

He's in a class above the Drummond, Barnes, Sullinger tier.

In the mix with MKG, Robinson & Beal ... likely ahead of all of them, based on team need.

As for the 2011 draft? Who now would dream of taking Kanter ahead of him? Tristan Thomspon? Even Derrick Williams? ... #2 pick for sure last year ... lucky us!

Love the quote from Colangelo, talking about adding a piece in this stacked draft ... saying, we already have the 2nd best player in the draft ohhh yeah. Might as well get the best, and 2nd best ... Twin towers, like never before.
    Love your optimism!
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

As for the 2011 draft? Who now would dream of taking Kanter ahead of him? Tristan Thomspon? Even Derrick Williams? ... #2 pick for sure last year ... lucky us!
      Kanter isn't so bad, Utah just have too many bigs and he doesn't have enough time on court
      (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

You know what they say, you're only as good as your last game. And with that said, Davis having a pretty bad offensive performance during the NCAA championship plus JV's numerous accolades in the past year, I wont be surprised if JV went #1 this year. Most likely he'll go #2 just because he plays in Europe but Davis will definitely not be a consensus #1 if JV was in this year's draft.

Comment

Meh, whether he's considered the best prospect, or the 2nd best prospect can never be settled (since David Stern isn't re-doing the draft). Let's just be thankful Cleveland made a dumb move in picking Thompson.

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
            The scouts are unanimous in saying he'd be a lock at number 2 if he was in this year's draft. I mean he's already been declared the best pro player outside of the NBA.
            Who are the top 3 pro players outside of the NBA? Is Marbury one of them?
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
              It's goes Sonny Weems, Sonny Weems, annnnnnnnnnnd Sonny Weems.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                Kirilenko and Kristic would probably be in the conversation.

Comment

San Antonio was willing to trade Tony Parker and George Hill to get the rights to draft Jonas last year.
                  They likely see him as the next in line after David Robinson and Duncan as the their franchise center for the next decade.
                  It's a good thing that never panned out.

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/20...-pick-at-no-4/

Comment

Tristan Thompson's been surprisingly good. Definitely a future great player. I wouldn't know him.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                      You know what they say, you're only as good as your last game. And with that said, Davis having a pretty bad offensive performance during the NCAA championship plus JV's numerous accolades in the past year, I wont be surprised if JV went #1 this year. Most likely he'll go #2 just because he plays in Europe but Davis will definitely not be a consensus #1 if JV was in this year's draft.
                      unfortunately. I'd have to disagree JV can't, wont dominate games defensively the way "eyebrows" can. I mean here's food for thought if you had to choose between drafting Dwight Howard or Marc Gasol, which one would you choose? To me its a no-brainer.
                      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Jaworski wrote: View Post
                        San Antonio was willing to trade Tony Parker and George Hill to get the rights to draft Jonas last year.
                        They likely see him as the next in line after David Robinson and Duncan as the their franchise center for the next decade.
                        It's a good thing that never panned out.

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/20...-pick-at-no-4/
                        Good thing that never happened

Comment

unfortunately. I'd have to disagree JV can't, wont dominate games defensively the way "eyebrows" can. I mean here's food for thought if you had to choose between drafting Dwight Howard or Marc Gasol, which one would you choose? To me its a no-brainer.
                          But Jonas is a great POST defender, Anthony Davis is a great HELP defender. Jonas CAN and HAS dominated games defensively like Anthony Davis has. Just not as much as Anthony Davis.

Will they both DOMINATE games defensively in the NBA right of the gate? I don't believe so. Will they have IMPACT defensively in games in the NBA? No question they will.

In my opinion if the two were to be chosen from #1 or #2. Anthony Davis by far would be number 1 just because of his great offensive skill. Which Jonas is fairly raw in.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

So who would be the front runner for the ROY ? Do yoy think JV will be in the mux ?

Comment

you made a mistake it is eyebrow. there is only the one. like a unicycle but for brows on your eyes

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                                But Jonas is a great POST defender, Anthony Davis is a great HELP defender. Jonas CAN and HAS dominated games defensively like Anthony Davis has. Just not as much as Anthony Davis.

Will they both DOMINATE games defensively in the NBA right of the gate? I don't believe so. Will they have IMPACT defensively in games in the NBA? No question they will.

In my opinion if the two were to be chosen from #1 or #2. Anthony Davis by far would be number 1 just because of his great offensive skill. Which Jonas is fairly raw in.

i would say davis is number 1 because of his uniqueness and the massive increase in size that is body hasn't caughten up to and his ceiling being other worldly then his offensive game which is still raw. he is developing it quickly but he isn't a great offensive player yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X