If we land MGK/Barnes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we land MGK/Barnes...

If this happens, there is a WHOLE lot of trade possibilities. And since BC admits they'll need trades to perform, well here is some ideas. Let's say this is our 15 man roster before we do any trade:

Valanciunas/Gray/Magloire
    Bargnani/Davis/Johnson
    Barnes/Johnson/Kleiza
    DeRozan/Forbes/Bench
    Calderon/Dragic/Bench

With that roster, there is at least 12 players that are able to play and that will ask big minutes. This won't work. So why not trade a couple, have a shorten rotation and get better players in a 10 or 11 man rotation?

I think that the only starting players in this roster that literally can’t be traded right away are our 2 starting rookies; Barnes and JV. After that, I think we could do either:

Calderon+Amir+Kleiza+2nd round pick for a new starting PG
    OR
    DeRozan+Amir+Kleiza+2nd round pick for a new starting SG
    OR
    Bargnani+Amir+Kleiza+2nd round pick for a new starting PF

Take a look at those options, as I said earlier, there is a WHOLE lot of trade possibilities!!! Summer 2012 is going to be really exciting for Raps fans, I can tell you this!!!
    Last edited by charlesnba23; Thu Apr 5, 2012, 06:26 PM.

the first trade looks good but for who

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      the first trade looks good but for who
      http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8a2c5f6

PG - Devin Harris/Jerryd Bayless or Goran Dragic
      SG - Demar Derozan/Gary Forbes/Raja Bell
      SF - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist/James Johnson
      PF - Andrea Bargnani/Paul Millsap
      C - Jonas Valanciunas/Aaron Gray
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Well, I tried some, and finally there's not a lot of options on this one... But there is still some. Tyreke Evans, Stephen Curry and Kyle Lowry could be some real options, but the one for Lowry is less realistic since we would have to take back Kevin Martin to make things work and I don't think that's possible. Each one of those trades is including Calderon and Amir. But take a look at some ideas including DeMar for a SG and Bargs for a PF, there is some good ones.

In a Bargnani package, Al Horford, Josh Smith, Al Jefferson, Paul Millsap and LaMarcus Aldridge could all be acquired, though Portland would never trade Aldridge for Bargs.

In a DeRozan package, Tyreke Evans, Paul George, Rodney Stuckey, Arron Afflalo, Monta Ellis and Andre Iguodala could all be acquired.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
          Well, I tried some, and finally there's not a lot of options on this one... But there is still some. Tyreke Evans, Stephen Curry and Kyle Lowry could be some real options, but the one for Lowry is less realistic since we would have to take back Kevin Martin to make things work and I don't think that's possible. Each one of those trades is including Calderon and Amir. But take a look at some ideas including DeMar for a SG and Bargs for a PF, there is some good ones.

In a Bargnani package, Al Horford, Josh Smith, Al Jefferson, Paul Millsap and LaMarcus Aldridge could all be acquired, though Portland would never trade Aldridge for Bargs.

In a DeRozan package, Tyreke Evans, Paul George, Rodney Stuckey, Arron Afflalo, Monta Ellis and Andre Iguodala could all be acquired.
          Love the Bargnani packages..

No thanks for the Demar packages, I only like the Iguodala one, Tyreke Evans is an if for me. Everything else is a no.

Comment

Sorry but RaptorsReuben, I don't think your trade for Harris would improve our team, since this is Favors, not Millsap, plus we still are logged at PF, we lose a good SF, get an old player that we don't need and a PG that I'd prefer Jose than him... There is a lot of better options than this.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
              Sorry but RaptorsReuben, I don't think your trade for Harris would improve our team, since this is Favors, not Millsap, plus we still are logged at PF, we lose a good SF, get an old player that we don't need and a PG that I'd prefer Jose than him... There is a lot of better options than this.
              Devin Harris has experience, and a change of scenery for a good teammate and a point guard who can score, and get teammates involved just as well could be a good change for us. The way he plays fits the overall style of this team. Upgrade defensively to Jose.

Derrick Favors has better potential than both Amir and Ed, we could use Ed and Amir as trade chips to obtain him, and release the log jam at the four. Allowing easy minutes between both Andrea and Derrick Favors.

If we plan on going into the playoffs and hitting the ground running, Raja bell is a perfect role/experience/defensive player than fits on any team. Outside shooting, defender, good experience, mentor towards Demar Derozan and Gary Forbes. IMO, looks pretty well down the road if we are planning on hitting the ground running and trying to make noise on the playoffs.

Free up another 2$ million, to use for a veteran signing in the free agency. It looks fairly good in terms of down the road/near future.

Comment

Working...
              X