Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Spears suggested that Steve Nash should consider TORONTO

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player...s_NBA/28837170

Jonas would need a great pick & roll partner... so maybe...

Im torn on this.. id like to see nash as a Raptor.. Id also like to see him win a title.. Im sure he feels the same

Jose is a good pick & roll guy.. so even if we do nothing the raps will be ok in that regard

Comment

Yeah..I'll pass on Nash. As good as he is, he never wanted to play here at his prime, kinda like magloire. Plus, need a young pg to take over once Jose is done. Nota guy who wants to have a token few years in his homeland as a nod of the head. I would rather not be an epilogue to his career.
      Welp, that sucked.

Comment

I feel Nash won't be worth the money by the time the team is ready to make a real run. Much better finding a PG at least 27years or under to grow with the team.

Comment

nash for 3 years would be great. we are ready for big time after next year. next year is playoffs taste tester time.

Comment

Jaworski wrote: View Post
            http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player...s_NBA/28837170

Jonas would need a great pick & roll partner... so maybe...

Whats wrong with Jose?

Comment

If he wants to, why not? not like he'll be signing a long term, risky contract...even at 10 mill for the next 2 years would be fine the raps can preserve space for that long

Comment

If we win the lottery and can team Jonas up with Anthony Davis, then yes. That team (including whatever wing player we could get for Bargnani) would knock some heads.

Other than that its probably not a good fit for either.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miam...eat-free-agent

"I'm not coming back to the Suns if there isn't improvement," Nash told "The Dan Patrick Show".

Nash explained he's expecting the Suns to try to make those improvements, but that he's looking forward to becoming a free agent and deciding where to continue his career.

The hypothetical of LeBron James asking Nash to join up in Miami for one last push at a championship was brought up.

"I would listen," Nash said. "He's phenomenal. I love what they're doing there. A lot of people don't like them because they put all that talent there. But they're professional, they play hard, they play together. Their coaching staff has done a great job, so I have a tremendous amount of respect for them.

"I would definitely listen."

It shouldn't surprise anyone the 38-year-old point guard without a world championship might be enticed by the idea of joining a contender that has what many consider a relative hole at the point guard slot.

Keeping the Heat in the conversation could be used as leverage in negotiations with other teams. But joining the Heat would mean that Nash would be leaving millions of dollars on the table.

The Heat won't have any salary-cap space next summer, so Nash would have to settle for the mid-level exception if he wanted to join the club.

Plenty of teams, including the Suns, could offer much more money than the Heat.

But for someone who has earned about $120 million during his career, sacrificing some money for winning a title might be palatable to Nash.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any thoughts on this? I personally think he'd set this team up very well and would end up averaging 8ppg, along with 13 apg. I mean, if an Amar'e-Nash pick and roll seemed unstoppable, can you imagine a LeBron-Nash pick and roll? Nash-Wade-James, would you consider this the greatest backcourt of all time?

Comment

I don't think it's a good fit at all. Both Nash and Lebron need to dominate the ball to be effective, especially Nash. Lebron and co. could say "we'll let you do your thing!" all they want but I don't see it.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                      I don't think it's a good fit at all. Both Nash and Lebron need to dominate the ball to be effective, especially Nash. Lebron and co. could say "we'll let you do your thing!" all they want but I don't see it.
                      He's going to make LeBron's life a whole lot easier since LeBron is the primary scorer, primary ball-handler, and primary passer. If Nash goes to the Heat, he'll be the primary ball-handler and primary passer, leaving LeBron to score, rebound, and defend.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        i can see how nash needs to dominate the ball. but, not in the way lebron does.

plus, nash gets the ball out of his hands quicker or at least more enjoyment with passing. although, his numbers would see a drop of significance.

he's going to dallas if they make any offer towards him. there is no doubt in my mind. thaf a cuban, nowitzki, nash reunion is going to happen.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                          i can see how nash needs to dominate the ball. but, not in the way lebron does.

plus, nash gets the ball out of his hands quicker or at least more enjoyment with passing. although, his numbers would see a drop of significance.

he's going to dallas if they make any offer towards him. there is no doubt in my mind. thaf a cuban, nowitzki, nash reunion is going to happen.
                          Im not sure about him going to Dallas because i read up somewhere that Cuban is going to make a real push to sign D-Will and if he goes theren then no Nash in Dallas

Comment

bounty wrote: View Post
                            Im not sure about him going to Dallas because i read up somewhere that Cuban is going to make a real push to sign D-Will and if he goes theren then no Nash in Dallas
                            +1 i think that dwill will end up in dallas as well.

Comment

Nash can start thinking post-career after he wins a championship. I think Nash should go to a contender like Miami, win a championship with Joel "the greatest undersized centre of all-time" Anthony and then worry about post career. Coming to Toronto for next year is a waste of a healthy back.

Comment

Working...
                              X