• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change is needed.

Let's do this,
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=89q6quh
    And this.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7x9luwn

We need change to win, that's for sure. I would do those trade, and I think they are pretty realistic. Maybe the Jazz would ask for a pick, then send them a pick!

Valanciunas/Gray/Magloire
    Okafor/Favors/Smith
    Barnes/Johnson/Weems
    DeRozan/Forbes/Weems
    Harris/Dragic/Rookie
    Last edited by charlesnba23; Mon Apr 9, 2012, 01:20 PM.

Nobody agrees, disagrees?

Comment

nah we give up too much talent to NO for okafor and a role player

Comment

being somewhat of a utah fan I don't see that favors trade going down, he has wayy too much potential and talent for utah to let him go.

Comment

Well the point is, we need to change the core of this team, at least a part of it. Dwane Casey is trying to make the Raptors a defensive minded team. I really like Calderon and Bargnani, truely. But this team can't be build with Jose running the point and Bargnani being the primary option if we want our team to really get this mentality going forward. And, in reality, I don't think we could get much more than Okafor for Bargnani. Remember, Emeka is a really good defender, he's smart and he's not that bad on offense. Back in 04, a lot of GMs would have took him in front of Dwight. I'd do that trade. Maybe only Bargnani for him, I don't know. But I'd do it. As for Harris and Favors, well we should at least try to get Harris by trading Calderon away. Kleiza, Ed and Amir could all be involved in those trades, IMO. So yeah, the point is to make a change, basically by trading Bargnani and Calderon for Okafor and Harris.

Comment

I don't like the New Orleans trade one bit.

The Utah trade seems fair to me, I remember suggesting a trade almost exact to that.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I know, and when you posted it, I did not agree. But now I think this could be a really good idea. Anyway, do you think it would be good to trade Bargs AND Jose? And why don't you like trading with New Orleans?

Comment

Change is needed - but not for the sake of change.

This does not make the Raptors better, in my opinion, nevermind the fact Utah is not giving up Favors. He was the centre piece of Deron Williams trade afterall just 1 year ago.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                  I know, and when you posted it, I did not agree. But now I think this could be a really good idea. Anyway, do you think it would be good to trade Bargs AND Jose? And why don't you like trading with New Orleans?
                  I'm very on the board for trading Jose and Andrea both. But not for players who are half the talent of Bargnani and Jose i.e Jason Smith and Emeka Okafor. I'm fine with trading with New Orleans, just your initial deal was fairly "out of bounds" for T.Dot.

If I was to trade with the Hornets I would run a deal for either Ariza and or Eric Gordon. Other than that, I don't believe they have a good amount of talent to equal a Jose/Bargs. Maybe Chris Kaman, but like I said, no equal talent.

If we were to win the draft, draft Anthony Davis, trade Bargnani for a proven wing player. That's just one option IF we were to win the draft.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                    I'm very on the board for trading Jose and Andrea both. But not for players who are half the talent of Bargnani and Jose i.e Jason Smith and Emeka Okafor. I'm fine with trading with New Orleans, just your initial deal was fairly "out of bounds" for T.Dot.

If I was to trade with the Hornets I would run a deal for either Ariza and or Eric Gordon. Other than that, I don't believe they have a good amount of talent to equal a Jose/Bargs. Maybe Chris Kaman, but like I said, no equal talent.

If we were to win the draft, draft Anthony Davis, trade Bargnani for a proven wing player. That's just one option IF we were to win the draft.
                    Kaman and Gordon are both free agents this summer. Plus, a more realistic situation is we end up drafting Barnes. In this case, Ariza would not add a lot to our team. Still, would you trade Bargnani? And seriously, Okafor is a really good player. I don't think we could get a lot more out of Bargnani.
                    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bp86nsb

Comment

Kaman and Gordon are both free agents this summer. Plus, a more realistic situation is we end up drafting Barnes. In this case, Ariza would not add a lot to our team. Still, would you trade Bargnani? And seriously, Okafor is a really good player. I don't think we could get a lot more out of Bargnani.
                      http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bp86nsb
                      Neither would we get a lot more out of Okafor. With a raw offensive center in Jonas, and Okafor who is a defensive minded player, there is no complimentary play in terms of inside and outside, and that's how we usually are so good offensively. And we are getting a terrible contract in Okafor, and someone who won't bring much to the table for this team as much as Bargnani. Bargnani is an impact player, Okafor isn't.

Can't say realistic situation to draft Barnes until the balls fall. If you could say that, than we could say it's realistic for us to draft Anthony Davis.

Than I guess we know where to use our cap flexibility on this upcoming off-season.

Yes I would trade Bargnani, BUT only if the receiving acquisitions are equal.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                        Neither would we get a lot more out of Okafor. With a raw offensive center in Jonas, and Okafor who is a defensive minded player, there is no complimentary play in terms of inside and outside, and that's how we usually are so good offensively. And we are getting a terrible contract in Okafor, and someone who won't bring much to the table for this team as much as Bargnani. Bargnani is an impact player, Okafor isn't.

Can't say realistic situation to draft Barnes until the balls fall. If you could say that, than we could say it's realistic for us to draft Anthony Davis.

Than I guess we know where to use our cap flexibility on this upcoming off-season.

Yes I would trade Bargnani, BUT only if the receiving acquisitions are equal.
                        I'd rather have Emeka Okafor scoring 15 points, getting 12 rebounds and blocking 3 shots than Andrea Bargnani scoring 24 points, getting 4 rebounds and blocking one shot. I think that if you talk about an impact player, Emeka is one more than Andrea, since he can impact the game on both hands of the floor.

And since we don't know if Jonas will be able to be the starting center as soon as he comes, Emeka would give us some needed insurance. I really don't think that offense is that much of an issue.
                        Last edited by charlesnba23; Mon Apr 9, 2012, 06:25 PM.

Comment

I'd rather have Emeka Okafor scoring 15 points, getting 12 rebounds and blocking 3 shots than Andrea Bargnani scoring 24 points, getting 4 rebounds and blocking one shot. I think that if you talk about an impact player, Emeka is one more than Andrea, since he can impact the game on both hands of the floor.
                          You would rather have Emeka Okafor taking the last shot? You would have him be your first option offensively? Sure, stats can talk, but it doesn't define the impact throughout the whole duration of a 48 minute game.

Emeka Okafor is no where near the offensive player that Andrea is. Emeka Okafor is a defensive upgrade to Andrea, but In no way is he a better OVERALL player than Andrea. Andrea has proven his ability to play defense, he just can't do it consistently.
                          Andrea is a better offensively player, Okafor is a better defensive player. Emeka is NOT one more than Andrea, you could say they cancel one another's liabilities, but there is a reason why Jonas Valanciunas is coming in. He is going to be a better offensive/defensive player than Okafor anyways.

I would never do such a clueless trade.

Btw. Okafor is averaging 9 points and 7 rebounds......

Comment

At the end of the day, the team is looking to add talent, and downgrading from Andrea to Emeka does not address that need. He is not the talent of Andrea.

Comment

And since we don't know if Jonas will be able to be the starting center as soon as he comes, Emeka would give us some needed insurance. I really don't think that offense is that much of an issue.
                              Emeka right now is getting 10 points, 8 boards with 1 block a game in 29 minutes per game. I feel even with Emeka playing at his full potential (as you say 15, 12, 3) this team would be better with Bargnani. We do not know how JV will do offensively in the NBA. I doubt he will be able to score well (though he will get better). Why throw away the balance of inside and outside for slightly more rebounding and D? If you scenario pans out (let's ignore Utah not giving us Favours), the brunt of the scoring goes to Barnes, Harris and Derozan. Not having any O from our bigs is going to kill us. Derozan is a solid second scoring option, and Barnes will be a rookie. That is putting a lot of trust in Devin Harris to shake off his bad year.

We downgrade at PG and PF with our only upgrade coming from the draft.

I do like the total mentality change with all focus towards the D (I think this would be a pretty solid defensive team for Casey to work with) but this simply makes us a worse team over all.

Kudos for working on a legit scenario though. I love getting Dragic as a back up and improving over all on D is nice.
                              Last edited by Red and White; Mon Apr 9, 2012, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X