X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonny Weems' badly sprained ankle

http://www.talkbasket.net/6677-sonny...ania-pics.html

a thing of beauty... ewww.
    Last edited by Jaworski; Mon Apr 9, 2012, 07:47 AM.

SICK!

Comment

Weems is indeed a drama queen.

Comment

Ray Christ that's an ugly foot.

Comment

this guy has the feet of a 300 lb nfl defensive tackle.

Comment

Looks like Weems is still going through financial problems..... Forget paying back the loan, dude cant even buy nail clippers!

Comment

Oh hwwwelll nah! That's NASTY Sonny.

Comment

Sonny's agent needs to get him casted for The Walking Dead

Comment

looks like the foot of a retired nba player

Comment

The hideousness of that image will haunt my dreams.......

Comment

RAPresenting wrote: View Post
                      Looks like Weems is still going through financial problems..... Forget paying back the loan, dude cant even buy nail clippers!
                      ...Nor fungal medication.

Comment

Sonny's Return

Alex Kennedy tweets:

Sonny Weems will return to the NBA next season. He's a restricted free agent. Celtics, Pistons, Cavaliers and Clippers have shown interest.
                        I wonder if Colangelo matches any offer.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          Alex Kennedy tweets:

I wonder if Colangelo matches any offer.
                          I would much rather BC use Weems as an asset for S&T. With Bass opting out of his contract with the Celtics, they are in desperate need of bigs, especially if Garnett ends up leaving - Amir seems to be the ideal blue-collar bring-your-lunchpail-to-work type PF the Celtics love. And they have no backup PG.

How about BC just ships Weems, Bayless, Amir, #37 & #56 to the Celtics for one/both of their mid-1st round picks (#21 & #22). Boston can re-load young and cheap and have a "Young Onez" reunion. Toronto has all sorts of options then, including trying to package multiple 1st round picks for a proven wing or moving up in the draft.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            I would much rather BC use Weems as an asset for S&T. With Bass opting out of his contract with the Celtics, they are in desperate need of bigs, especially if Garnett ends up leaving - Amir seems to be the ideal blue-collar bring-your-lunchpail-to-work type PF the Celtics love. And they have no backup PG.

How about BC just ships Weems, Bayless, Amir, #37 & #56 to the Celtics for one/both of their mid-1st round picks (#21 & #22). Boston can re-load young and cheap and have a "Young Onez" reunion. Toronto has all sorts of options then, including trying to package multiple 1st round picks for a proven wing or moving up in the draft.
                            I am not a believer on fringe players being S&T assets. If Toronto does not want to resign Sonny Weems, they should not match any offer and risk being stuck with a player they do not want and/or an unfavorable contract. The same logic applies to Bayless if the Raptors do not tender him the QA and another team offers him 4M+ a year.

Just let them walk and save yourself from bad contracts.

I am not a believer in 2nd round picks either. Picks #37 and #56 can be traded for a player another team no longer wants, but beyond that, the picks have very little value in my opinion.

Having said that, I see no reason whatsoever for Boston to trade both its mid-1st round pick for the players and picks listed. The only interesting asset is Amir and his value is dependent upon your belief whether is overpaid or not. I am uncertain whether he is worth a #21 pick because I lean towards the overpaid side. Good backup, but I would like him more if he was making $5M or less a year.

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                              I am not a believer on fringe players being S&T assets. If Toronto does not want to resign Sonny Weems, they should not match any offer and risk being stuck with a player they do not want and/or an unfavorable contract. The same logic applies to Bayless if the Raptors do not tender him the QA and another team offers him 4M+ a year.

Just let them walk and save yourself from bad contracts.

I am not a believer in 2nd round picks either. Picks #37 and #56 can be traded for a player another team no longer wants, but beyond that, the picks have very little value in my opinion.

Having said that, I see no reason whatsoever for Boston to trade both its mid-1st round pick for the players and picks listed. The only interesting asset is Amir and his value is dependent upon your belief whether is overpaid or not. I am uncertain whether he is worth a #21 pick because I lean towards the overpaid side. Good backup, but I would like him more if he was making $5M or less a year.
                              I wouldn't re-sign or match Weems or Bayless either, unless a S&T is already agreed upon. I could see the Celtics giving up one of their picks in exchange for 3 solid rotation players. Amir @ $6M, Bayless @ $4M and Weems @ $2M wouldn't be horrible for 3 young, veteran-ish players with room for improvement. I'm not saying Boston would go for it, I'm just floating it as an idea... I can't see Boston wanting to add 2 mid-range rookies, since they'd likely be looking to "re-tool" as opposed to "re-build". Only Rondo and Pearce are under contract next season for more than $1.5M (and Pearce was rumored to be considering retirement if the big-3 breaks up), so the Celtics would have loads of cap space available.

Comment

Working...
                              X