Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Fantasy Football DYNASTY League (S2 Discussion, see post 188 for final stats)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, there is no way this trade should go through. It doesn't get more one sided than that.

I know Vick's value is low right now but so is Brady's. Pretty much giving up a weak QB and a top 5 RB for a slightly less weak QB. If this goes though this league veto system is a joke.

Vick = 46.30 points
    McFadden = 51.40 points

FOR

Brady = 50.18
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sun Sep 30, 2012, 12:59 AM.

Comment

And it went on and on and on here:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....0-2e464f1afba7

Comment

I'm pretty much indifferent on this deal. While I think Apollo is getting the better deal all-in-all, it also works to geo's favor as well. Vick is essentially a backup on any of our teams, and we all know the shelf life of an NFL RB(especially an oft-injured one such as McFadden). Brady still has a good 3-4 years of excellent fantasy seasons left in him IMO. It does give Apollo great depth though which I'm not too keen on, but it's not such an unfair deal where I feel the need to veto it. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Brady scored 32 on the weekend. Vick and McFadden combined scored 26. The reason I accepted this deal is because a, the Ravens stated their offense would run through Flacco from now on and b, Flacco is actually doing something now that he's been given the keys. If things go as planned Vick will never start for me besides bye weeks.

For me the deal was McFadden for Brady and I pulled the trigger because of Flacco's play. I viewed it as a large risk for me given that I'm undefeated and this is a major shake up that's relying on an unproven fantasy QB. My prediction is Flacco lands in the top ten QB's. He has so much help around him now.

Comment

Sorry Apollo and jbml, voted against that one. Too lopsided IMO.

Comment

Guys' we're in a league that starts 8 QBs vs. up to 32 starting WR's((3WR+1FLEX)*8). Which positions is more difficult to fill?

Who's gonna pay more than the 2011 second highest scoring WR, a guy who's blowing up right now again with huge games, and two second rounders? Let's lay the cards on the table and get jbml the best deal possible, maybe I'm not the other dance partner. My guess is no one offers anything that matches that because the demand/need isn't there in a small league. Not to mention he also has Brees and Luck. Damn, talk about stacked/log jammed at QB. That's a lot of useless fantasy points parked on the bench when Rodgers is in the mix as well.

Comment

This is no place for Football talk. Take is outside guys. Haha

Comment

LOL I didn't realize worlds collided. Football is killing Basketball Apollo.

EDIT: Moved to the appropriate place.

Comment

Thought you guys might enjoy this, wasn't sure where else to put it.

A Facebook Conversation between NFL QB's:

Comment

• Gentlemen

I was not the draft. I have both Brees and Rodgers on my roster.

Both have been on the trading block since the beginning of the season.

I have received 3 offers, 2 from Apollo.

I have made offers to three other teams.

Comment

• I sent you another offer. That's my best and more than I feel I should have to pay given the configuration of this particular league. If you don't like it or if the league doesn't like it then that's cool but it would be stupid for me to pay more than this for a guy who has little to no demand even if we look past the league setup.

Comment

• I think I will be waiting for better offers from the others.

They must be going to follow

Comment

• Sure, I pulled the offer.

Those offers that you haven't received, and probably won't receive, are clearly too rich for my blood.

Comment

• Good season/ Roster cuts

Good season guys. Good luck to the teams in the finals!

It's time to start thinking roster cuts. You all know you must carry over 25 players. That means you need to cut at least five players and even more if you have guys on IR. For example I have three players on IR so that means I need to make eight cuts. The deadline is not set, it probably won't be until July but I would strongly recommend submitting a preliminary list ASAP so that if you forget the worst case scenario is you move forward with what you have now. The worst case scenario is that you lose some players you want to keep.

Comment

• 2013 draft

To prevent there being a reward for tanking I propose we do a lottery with all teams who miss the playoffs getting one shot, plus the team who wins the consolation round being guaranteed a top three pick. The rest of the draft is determined based on it's own lotto involving those teams that didn't win the title. From there it's snaking order based on round one.

Example:

Mack North: 1 chance(missed playoffs)
                                iggyiggyigoudala: 1 chance(missed playoffs) + a top three pick guarantee(won consolation rounds)
                                MangoKid: 1 chance(missed playoffs)
                                jbml: 1 chance(missed playoffs)

The hypothetical lotto takes place and the results are as follows:
                                1. Mack North
                                2. MangoKid
                                3. jbml
                                4. iggyiggyigoudala

Unfortunately for jbml in this case, iggy won a top three guarantee and so the order is then adjusted to the following to honor that:
                                1. Mack North
                                2. MangoKid
                                3. iggyiggyigoudala
                                4. jbml

The hypothetical lotto is run for the rest of the draft and here are the results:
                                5. Doc Naismith
                                6. RaptorsFan4Life
                                7. Jimmie

Then the champ closes the round:
                                8. Apollo

The other option would be for the lotto to take place for the four teams who missed the playoffs. They all get the same odds but the twist is that they get to pick where they draft based on the order in which their name is drawn. This could be a appealing because some teams like to pick near the end, some like picking in the middle and some don't like picking first if there is no consensus #1. Then the playoffs lotto is held and the same method is used.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Just realized I crossed my wires and used the keeper league teams as me example scenario for the Dynasty. Hope this didn't confuse anyone.
                                Last edited by Apollo; Thu Dec 27, 2012, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X