Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 Year Old Gives Birth...Doctors Apalled!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Year Old Gives Birth...Doctors Apalled!

I felt like throwing up after reading this. There's no other word to describe it, but... FUCKED!

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/doctors-app...103804810.html

A 10-year-old girl in Colombia recently gave birth via caesarian section, placing her among the youngest mothers in the world. Though the girl is now recovering, her case highlights the dangers of pregnancy before maturity, doctors say.

"No 10-year-old anywhere in the world should be having a baby," Lewis Wall, a professor of obstetrics and gynecology at the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, told LiveScience.

According to Good Morning America, the 10-year-old girl, a member of the Wayuu tribe in Manaure, Colombia, delivered a 5-pound (2.26 kilogram) baby girl. The age of the father is not known, but Colombian police reportedly cannot press charges as the tribe is under its own jurisdiction.
    go ahead and read on, it gets worse.

All I was hoping was to check out the sports page. When, Yahoo throws out this gem on their front page.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

The sad thing is that there are far, far worse things going on in the world right now that don't get hardly any press.

Comment

I don't know this pretty far up there... name one?
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

GMO crops hurting hundreds of millions of people. BPA, something known to cause cancer, in virtually all food containers. The fact that if Fukushima reactor #4 eats down through it's holding tank it will ignite hundreds of tonnes of spent nuclear material which could essentially lead to the extinction of mankind. A looming financial meltdown essentially caused by a few handful of mega billionaires which may cause millions in currently 1st world nations to starve. There is lots of stuff that warrants more time than this story. It's a horrible story but it finds it's way into the press because it doesn't step on any toes and is an attention grabber.

Comment

there is alot of opinions i have on these topics. but, I don't want to get off topic and make this thread something different.

As much as I'd like to epress my views, If you want further discussion I suggest making another thread. it's very common that something like this gets brushed by for something in the bigger picture.

I don't know, today I just feel two sperate issues, two seprate threads...fair enough?

Comment

I don't want to get into detail about all those topics I mentioned because it would take far too long but I mentioned them to answer your question. My comment on why I feel this story was picked up is very valid to the conversation though. So that's my two cents.

Comment

keep in mind the father is probably her own father which makes it about 100 times worse
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Oh, it's really bad no doubt. It's horrible no matter who did it.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Oh, it's really bad no doubt. It's horrible no matter who did it.
                  the worst shit, is probably the fact that not one but, two children can and often die as a result of this.

I guess the "good faith" part about this is the fact that someone, whoever that is, had the decency to take the girl to the hospital.

Comment

I just get all this news from this dude:

Comment

the phone call in the middle is hilarious

Comment

not really unrelated but Kevin Craft is the best.
                        Last edited by Red and White; Wed Apr 11, 2012, 06:27 AM. Reason: the whole related...un related thing...ya know

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                          Totally unrelated but Kevin Craft is the best.
                          not unrelated. considering he is talkingabout this topic.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                            not unrelated. considering he is talkingabout this topic.
                            Fixed i guess lol.

You know the worst thing about the internet is that you find out about these really messed up problems that you can do absolutely nothing about...

Why yahoo throws this as the front page I will never know.

Comment

Because it's so crazy that it'll drive traffic.

Comment

Working...
                              X