Are we really Rebuilding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    I don't agree that they're building around Bargnani. They're about to bring in JV and another high lotto pick. That's to add to another top ten lotto pick in Demar DeRozan and a final lotto pick in Ed Davis. When they built around Bosh they went out and either signed or traded for a bunch of guys to complement him. They're not doing that with Andrea. They're asking him to change to fit team. The concept is the opposite of what they did with Bosh.

One more thought. They really need an editor over at the site.
    Who did BC bring in to build around Bosh? TJ Ford? Jermaine O'Neal?

Why would he draft Bargnani if he conceeds he plays the same position as Bosh now? Wouldn't he of taken the opportunity with the first pick in the draft to get a talented complimentary piece for Bosh if you were building around him? What about the swing Bosh asked for? Colangelo took DeRozan as the no handle, learning to play 2 guard that couldn't help the team significantly at the time.

I can't point to the bit pieces Colangelo acquired as an effort in building around a player, other than Turkoglu and even then it wasn't a compliment to Bosh's game and rather money burning a hole in his pocket in mho.

Also for Andrea, maybe he's not trying to specifically build around him, but he's trying to do the same thing he did with Bosh. Acquiring players but still having your centre piece of the team in place. Why else would he declare him starter at the 4 before the season started? The problem in his thinking is that Andrea is only a piece. Him nor Derozan should have any special treatment over any other player on this team.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Colangelo and Casey have both mentioned adding a tough veteran in free agency. It sounds like they are looking to give Casey "his guy". A player who's going to maybe hold guys accountable in practice and during game time? The last time the Raptors had a couple of those(Oak and JYD) they almost went to the conference finals. Such a young team, which is about to get even younger, certainly needs some vet leadership which shares Casey's philosophies.
      Elton Brand?

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
        Why would he draft Bargnani if he conceeds he plays the same position as Bosh now? Wouldn't he of taken the opportunity with the first pick in the draft to get a talented complimentary piece for Bosh if you were building around him?
        Colangelo drafts the best player available and as stated many times by he himself, Bargnani was the best player available in his opinion.

Who did BC bring in to build around Bosh? TJ Ford? Jermaine O'Neal?
        What about the swing Bosh asked for?
        I can't point to the bit pieces Colangelo acquired as an effort in building around a player, other than Turkoglu and even then it wasn't a compliment to Bosh's game and rather money burning a hole in his pocket in mho.
        Lack of results doesn't equate to lack of effort or good intentions. Colangelo himself said many times that he was building around Bosh. He's not saying that about Bargnani.

Also for Andrea, maybe he's not trying to specifically build around him, but he's trying to do the same thing he did with Bosh.
        Prove it.

Why else would he declare him starter at the 4 before the season started?
        Because he's the most talented player on the team and it's blatantly obvious his talents are better suited to the 4.

The problem in his thinking is that Andrea is only a piece. Him nor Derozan should have any special treatment over any other player on this team.
        I agree but that's not how life works. Colangelo is a guy trying to secure his job long term. He has to deal with politics and perceptions for example.

Comment

Are we rebuilding?

one thing cut it out with this fuckin bullshit excuse about no camp.

i'll tell you why because the 16 god damn teams making the playoffs, their coaches had no camp either. so, don't feed me this bullshit like it's some disadvantage they have over the other 29 teams and that's why they're shit.

please, just stop... JUST FUCKING STOP!!!
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Point out where I say it's a disadvantage other teams didn't experience as well. Go ahead quote the exact reference please. After you're done that point out the teams likely to make the playoffs who have new coaches and new systems implemented this season. The Lakers come to mind but a labotimized monkey could coach that team to the playoffs. It's star studded. You missed my point completely and mindlessly cursed along the way. Does dropping the f bomb strengthen your position?

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post

i'll tell you why because the 16 god damn teams making the playoffs, their coaches had no camp either. so, don't feed me this bullshit like it's some disadvantage they have over the other 29 teams and that's why they're shit.

But most of those coaches have been there and done that. Playoffs is nothing new for them, Dwane casey is in his first season with a roster full of unproven youngsters, give DC a summer and you'll be happy with the outcome next season. I also love the idea of getting a tough Vet who can actually play and contribute(no offense to Big Cat). Elton Brand sounds good

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                I disagree.

Has Bargnani not been benched at times? Has he not been called out at times? Has he not actually played decent defense?

Has James Johnson not been shown who is boss?

Has DeMar not been called out?

Has Ed Davis not been called out?

Has Amir not seen him minutes cut for dogging it?

Has Gray not been yanked at times for ineffective play?

Did the Raptors not go to 14th in Opp PPG and 17th in defensive rating this season compared to 26th and 30th last year with pretty much the same roster?

Honestly I can't see how anyone could not see the changes in the Raptors on and off the court this year. There is a very fine line with professional athletes regarding how hard they can be pushed before they tune out. The fact the Raptors have 10 games left and are still competing in games and refusing to get blown out (minus a 24-0 run against OKC) shows incredible improvement from recent years past.
                Essentially - Casey has done everything right so far.

but what about BC's decisions? mistake after mistake every time.

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                  Essentially - Casey has done everything right so far.

but what about BC's decisions? mistake after mistake every time.
                  Got Casey, drafted JV, fielded a team that will land a pick in the 3-7 range, put the Raptors in a position to have around 8 million for free agency next summer, and all done within the last 10 months. Other than that, he's done nothing.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                    Got Casey, drafted JV, fielded a team that will land a pick in the 3-7 range, put the Raptors in a position to have around 8 million for free agency next summer, and all done within the last 10 months. Other than that, he's done nothing.
                    +1 BC has made some good moves. Shows that he is one of the top GM's in the league

Comment

Huh? How many of the 16 teams making the playoffs have a new coach (incl some assts.), are in a stated rebuild mode and had their first round draft choice not available for the year?

Comment

Can the haters just relax until the offseason, and a few games into next season? No coach would have been able to take this current roster and made them a playoff team in one season... Casey has been doing a great job so far and you can only believe that he will do even better next year with more talented players. SO just please calm down with all these negative mentalities until he and BC can prove themselves this offseason and next season.
                        "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                        - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

http://tsn.ca/nba/standings/?show=conference
                          http://espn.go.com/nba/bracket

aside from new orleans getting rid of paul and portland impoding all the same teams from last year are in the playoffs. take the lakers fro example and i think they are a better team than their current record shows but of the play off teams they are the only ones who made any system changes and it is reflected in their current standings.

for teams who changed their system no training camp definitely affects the product on the court. that is 1 month of learning. if you go to math class for a year, you know a little math and might pass the exam but you will be no where near as good as the kids who cram for a month before the test.

Comment

Best Coach we've ever had?

here's a question for yall. Is Dwane Casey the best coach in franchise history?

Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Tue Apr 10, 2012, 08:25 PM.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              Yup lol
                              "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                              - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                A little early to be asking this maybe? Butch Carter, Sam Mitchell and Lenny Wilkens may be reading. Let's not go there yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X