Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspartame = Formaldehyde?

Bad Guy #1: Aspartame

There's conflicting evidence regarding the safety of aspartame, a common chemical sweetener used in diet soda and other low-cal or low-sugar goods, but some people report headaches or generally feeling unwell after ingesting anything containing the chemical. To make life easier for everyone, this is one instance where you may want to follow the "better safe than sorry" principle. That's because a University of Liverpool test-tube study found that when mixed with a common food color ingredient, aspartame actually became toxic to brain cells. Making matters worse, aspartame is used in many diet sodas, and studies have found drinking diet soda may increase your risk of developing diabetes and metabolic syndrome. Also of concern with aspartame, researchers have found that one harmful breakdown product is formaldehyde. Sweet? We don't think so.
    Source: Yahoo Health

Just in case you weren't aware Aspartame is a bad news. I avoid that one, although when I've consumed it I didn't feel horrible for it. Also on the list if you click the link is Sucralose. This one doesn't jive with me at all. I'll know the next day if I eat Sucralose. It's in virtually all whey protein powder that's flavored, which sucks because plain whey tastes like crap.

my aunt drinks diet coke all the time. literally two or more every day. she gets migraines all the time and has at least one shitty day a week where she's throwing up and shit.

has a diet coke with her smoke every time. Never really asked why it's just been like that since before I was born probably.
    She also has a totally fucked up back like bulging disks and shit. So, migraines could be a result of her messed up back.

Diet pop tastes shitty anyways. As if things like club soda and ginger ale could taste any worse there's diet. I think the majority of people know diet pop is worse for you though.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Ahhh, sorry to continue to rain on the sweet parade but:

Forgot to touch on this. Personally, I find the more I read labels on processed foods, the less I eat processed food. They put all sorts of nasty crap in there to save money and take shortcuts. I hardly eat any processed foods now... It sucks. I'd actually be willing to pay more to get junk foods made from simple stuff, no chems. The idea of sugar being toxic is news to me though but I typically use honey for sweetener because I like the taste...

Comment

Corn Syrup for me, not a big honey fan.

man, the last few times i had Mcdonald's and KFC made me feel like shit after and it tasted awful. especially KFc it was brutal.

if I get take out it's mostly a pizza or wings from local wing shops or fortinos.

I rarely eat Mcdonalds and KFC now, I'd say the most often I get Wendy's and Popeye's. Is it that much healthier? not sure. But, it doesn't make me feel like shit after and doesn't taste bad.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Yeah, I'm at the point now where the only real fast food I'm still a sucker for is wings and NY Fries. When I get a craving for something really greasy I'll pick up some bacon or throw a few sausages on the grill. Ha, ha both of which have nitrates unless you're getting it fresh from a butcher but what are you gonna do? Man can't live on rabbit food and boring chicken recipes alone.

Comment

... cereal, homemade cOokies and pie and vanilla ice cream... that's all I got.

Comment

Macdonalds is just disgusting now just the smell of it makes me want to throw up. I want to try popeyes i heard its good, is it like a less greasier version of KFC

Comment

ya, it's less greasier, taste better, and the biscuits are quite tasty.

when I get takeout, I either get a pizza, wings, Baconator, or Popeye's chicken. Sometimes a Mama burger.

Comment

i heard their chicken is good i gotta try that shit.

Comment

rofl, can't believe i said "less greasier"

such a moron.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      Macdonalds is just disgusting now just the smell of it makes me want to throw up. I want to try popeyes i heard its good, is it like a less greasier version of KFC
                      I'm sure all fast food would be disgusting if you saw who might be flipping your burger or what is in the burger. Typically all of it has very little nutritional content per calorie. Then you need to ask yourself what non-food ingredients are in the "food"? I know McDonald's for example uses some form of silicon in their burgers. When you see the 100% beef or meat or whatever it is on the burger box that doesn't make it true. That's simply the name of the subsidiary which produces the paddies... So it's not false advertising. All those large food chains have their dirty secrets. It's all horrible for the human system. Really the only way to avoid it is to go to local, reputable, privately owned restaurants or make it yourself. Even then in this day in age unless you live near a farm and can buy free range butchered livestock you're buying meats laced with growth hormones, antibiotics and god knows what else. What a sorry state of affairs corporate/government greed has given us. Raw milk and raw milk products are outlawed--- to keep you safe. Meanwhile it's deemed safe to chug pesticides, BPA and other nasty chemicals to your hearts content. Anyway, that's my rant for the day.

Comment

I know and this most likely goes for all the fast food chains, but, Wendy's never cleans out the Frosty machine. So, there's just gunky spoiled milk products in the bottom.

Comment

I just want to know what Carl Weather's diet was for Rocky.

Probably the stew he speaks so much about on Arrested Development.

Comment

Probably one of those pint glasses of raw eggs after each workout.

Comment

Seriously, if you drink pop at all, you should probably go to home depot, buy a shovel, and dig your own grave

Shit is a class 8 corrosive acid... if a you're bin of coke spills, you have to evacuate the building and call in a hazmat team to clean it

Comment

Working...
                              X