No announcement yet.

Who should the Raptors not Draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd probably stay away from Beal. Guys who people want to transform into points scare me. I would actually pretty much be happy with anyone else in the top ten.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

I'm going to be pissed if we draft Anthony Davis
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Yay! I get to be the first to say how worried I am about Harrison Barnes.
        +1

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
          I'd probably stay away from Beal. Guys who people want to transform into points scare me. I would actually pretty much be happy with anyone else in the top ten.
          Has anyone heard of Beal being a PG any other place than here?

I think his position is set as a 2 who can create and find others.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            Tyler Zeller the senior from NC will be in the draft. His brother Cody Zeller from Indiana is going back to college.
            Ah, mixed them up.

Comment

man i wish Andrew Wiggins was 3 years older. I'd love to have that dude on the raps, he is project number 1 whenever he enters the lottery and that will mark the first ever a Canadian player will be drafted 1st overall. To me this draft is really sketchy i don't know who will turn out great and who will be average or a bust

Comment

Next years is going to be even worse
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                  I'm going to be pissed if we draft Anthony Davis
                  You're going to be pissed if we draft the consensus best player in the draft????? Now, I know Raptors fans, or fans in general, tend to overvalue or get easily confused, but isn't Anthony Davis right now better than Amir and Ed? And isn't he the only guy in the draft so far that scouts have pegged as a potential franchise centrepiece, which we always complain about not having these days?
                  I get the whole "not another PF" thing, but really, if he could be a top 10 players within 2-3 years, why wouldn't you? We don't have one of those now, and one thing this poll makes clear is no one believes another player fits that bill. People like me hate on Barnes for his weak college career, or MKG for his offense (though I'd like to point out Barnes struggled quite a bit to create his own shot too). Beal with his size. Lamb with his laziness. Drummond looks like he could be the next Kwame Brown type pick....

Maybe I don't particularly want Davis, but if we get the #1 pick and don't draft him, then I will actually think that the people running the team are completely delusional.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    You're going to be pissed if we draft the consensus best player in the draft????? Now, I know Raptors fans, or fans in general, tend to overvalue or get easily confused, but isn't Anthony Davis right now better than Amir and Ed? And isn't he the only guy in the draft so far that scouts have pegged as a potential franchise centrepiece, which we always complain about not having these days?
                    I get the whole "not another PF" thing, but really, if he could be a top 10 players within 2-3 years, why wouldn't you? We don't have one of those now, and one thing this poll makes clear is no one believes another player fits that bill. People like me hate on Barnes for his weak college career, or MKG for his offense (though I'd like to point out Barnes struggled quite a bit to create his own shot too). Beal with his size. Lamb with his laziness. Drummond looks like he could be the next Kwame Brown type pick....

Maybe I don't particularly want Davis, but if we get the #1 pick and don't draft him, then I will actually think that the people running the team are completely delusional.
                    pretty sure that one was sarcasm

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      pretty sure that one was sarcasm
                      Man, I really hope so...

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Has anyone heard of Beal being a PG any other place than here?

I think his position is set as a 2 who can create and find others.
                        This was from the ESPN mock insider, and was posted here a few days ago.
                        This is the only thing I have seen about it

Analysis: The Raptors already have DeMar Derozan in the backcourt, but I doubt they'd pass on the chance to land Beal. The Florida 2-guard has the ability to play point guard and would give Toronto a shooter with deep range -- an ability that DeRozan lacks.

Comment

Hello wrote: View Post
                          This was from the ESPN mock insider, and was posted here a few days ago.
                          This is the only thing I have seen about it

Analysis: The Raptors already have DeMar Derozan in the backcourt, but I doubt they'd pass on the chance to land Beal. The Florida 2-guard has the ability to play point guard and would give Toronto a shooter with deep range -- an ability that DeRozan lacks.
                          Thanks for posting.

Personally, I'd rather see DD have a go at SF than Beal play PG.

Comment

It would not be too much of a stretch to see Beal as a combo guard a la Bayliss. Westbrook didn't play much pg at UCLA because of Collison being there also.

Comment

Jared Sullinger, I don't like 6'9 centers, even if they have a "big babyish" frame. 6'10+ Please.

Also probably any PF who is not Anthony Davis.

Lamb is also suspect because I don't like 2's or 3's that are under 6'7 who weigh less than 200 lbs this is the nba size matters. I don't think he is projected to be an NBA point guard.

I am changing my original decision and going with MKG as my realistic ideal pick. I wouldn't mind Barnes if mkg is gone.
                              "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Chad Ford thinks he is 'Ray Allen meets Eric Gordon' , 'NBA-ready' and will go 3 in the draft despite being a freshman.

At 6foot3 he is undersized for a 2. His ball-handling skills have been criticized by scouts. I don't think he is ready yet. He will need 3 years to finish growing and add some finesse to his game. Can we afford that luxury at this point?

I will not pass on Harrison Barnes over Beal.

Comment

Working...
                                X