Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving forward: Uzoh and Anderson: here for the rest of the seaon (42)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving forward: Uzoh and Anderson: here for the rest of the seaon (42)

Keep 'em as backups I say! No nonsense players, I like them.
    @sweatpantsjer

yes they will be good as 3rd stringers.

Comment

Dentmon isnt too bad either but he is a bit small but we dont know how this would affect him on defense.

Comment

Anderson for sure.

Uzoh maybe but I am leaning on yes. He has qualities that neither Bayless or Jose have so keep him.

Dentmon, there is no need in keeping him past this season.

Comment

Anyone else really impressed with the scouting staff finding some decent players in the D-league?

I would not have guessed any one of these guys would be even considered keepers.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
            Anyone else really impressed with the scouting staff finding some decent players in the D-league?

I would not have guessed any one of these guys would be even considered keepers.
            Yes i think we will be getting some quality FA's and Draft picks because of this scouting staff. This is the first time we've had such a great coaching staff and front office its really exciting to see how this team is coming along.

Comment

Journeymen... a dime a dozen.

remember luke jackson, how bout Quincy Douby?

They were good guys too. There's a bunch of guys going back to '95.

I mean it'd be lovely to keep them they've had some nice games.

But, it's more than likely if they're kept they'll just be cut at some point next season.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

keeping them as 3rd stingers won't hurt at all

Comment

They'd come extremely cheap
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Anderson got 14 points at halftime! I say keep him for next season for sure!

Comment

Anderon has the maturity and experience to maintain his performances. We must offer him a contract.

Uzoh has more games to prove his worth.

Comment

Those guys are hungry and playing for a contract, that's why they're playing so fearlessly, like there's no tomorrow. Anderson I could live with, giving him a 2 year contract ( 1 year with a team option for a second). He'd be a good backup. Uzoh could be good as a 3rd string point guard. We could do a lot worse.

Comment

I'd agree with NoProps. 3rd Stringers. 11th-12th men. Maybe more than that? Anderson has proved well as a starter, same with Uzoz, but he still has to prove himself.

Anderson is very mature, no nonsense guy, good fundamental player. I like him, he can shoot the ball, play solid defense..... Solid player.

Ben Uzoh does something Bayless can't do, and sometimes I see Jose just cruise through. Staying calm and letting the game come to him. He does such a nice job of running the team. Sure he's no Jose Calderon no doubt, but he would fit nicely into a back-up role.

Dentmon? Eh. 6'0 tall. Poor mans Jerryd Bayless? Maybe on the bench in street clothes.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                            They'd come extremely cheap
                            Yup. Minimum non-guaranteed deals to round out the roster when the cap space is gone. 13th and 14th players on the roster and keep the 15th for flexibility. If Anderson can play somewhat like he has, it keeps the starters and, especially, the back ups on their toes.

Keep in mind the starters really need an upgrade.

These guys should never play unless there are injuries or blowouts.

Comment

I disagree. I think they've shown they can be solid contributors. With both starting they've beaten the Celtics and Hawks, two of the hotter teams in the league. I'm not saying AA can be our potential 6th man, but he's definitely shown he can contribute.

If you're rolling with a guy like Jose or Holliday who are going to command major minutes might as well roll with a cheap backup like Uzoh. Hes better at running the team than Bayless.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                              X