Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New idea. Trade Amir, JJ and Forbes for a backup G/F?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New idea. Trade Amir, JJ and Forbes for a backup G/F?

This is another idea that could help our team.
    Here's the plan:
    Draft Barnes, a PG and a PF.
    Trade Amir, JJ and Forbes for a really good backup 2/3.
    Bring back Aaron Gray, Jerryd Bayless and Alan Anderson.
    Sign OJ Mayo and Robin Lopez.

Valanciunas/Gray/Lopez
    Bargnani/Davis/Rookie
    Barnes/Kleiza/Anderson
    DeRozan/Mayo/The guy acquired via trade
    Calderon/Bayless/Rookie

BC already mentioned that he wanted to add talent to his team. That is what I call a talented roster.

I don't think we are real suitors for Dragic, since he's a restricted FA and that he’ll probably be brought back by the Rockets. Even if he’s not, he will sign with a team where he could be the starting PG.

The logjam at PF is now a thing of the past, and we now have depth at center, something that is really important in my opinion.

Bringing back Bayless is a smart move to me, since we wouldn’t get a much better PG than him via free agency.

Bring in Mayo add depth at both guards spot since he’s a true combo guard, and he’s a really good scoring option.

Anderson proved he deserves a place on that team, even if he would be the 5th or 6th wing option.

The guy acquired via trade should be a really good backup. Dream names could be such as Lou Williams, JJ Redick, Ben Gordon, Anthony Morrow, Marvin Williams, Corey Maggette, Marcus Thornton, Jared Dudley, James Harden, Kyle Korver, Wilson Chandler, Chase Budinger, Carlos Delfino, Marco Belinelli, Trevor Ariza, Stephen Jackson, John Salmons, Jordan Crawford...

Well, that is a lot of names and some of you could argue that some of them are not worth Amir, JJ and Forbes, and I agree with this. Let’s try to find the best offer. I think the best thing would be to get another athletic scorer. I also know that OKC would never let Harden go away.

I really like Forbes. Same for JJ and Amir. But the point is to get even more talented players. So, in fact, I would do this trade only for G/F players that are better than Forbes.

The two rookies would be prospects, as they are not rushed to develop.

What y’all thinking?

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    This is another idea that could help our team.
    Here's the plan:
    Draft Barnes, a PG and a PF.
    Trade Amir, JJ and Forbes for a really good backup 2/3.
    Bring back Aaron Gray, Jerryd Bayless and Alan Anderson.
    Sign OJ Mayo and Robin Lopez.

Valanciunas/Gray/Lopez
    Bargnani/Davis/Rookie
    Barnes/Kleiza/Anderson
    DeRozan/Mayo/The guy acquired via trade
    Calderon/Bayless/Rookie

BC already mentioned that he wanted to add talent to his team. That is what I call a talented roster.

I don't think we are real suitors for Dragic, since he's a restricted FA and that he’ll probably be brought back by the Rockets. Even if he’s not, he will sign with a team where he could be the starting PG.

The logjam at PF is now a thing of the past, and we now have depth at center, something that is really important in my opinion.

Bringing back Bayless is a smart move to me, since we wouldn’t get a much better PG than him via free agency.

Bring in Mayo add depth at both guards spot since he’s a true combo guard, and he’s a really good scoring option.

Anderson proved he deserves a place on that team, even if he would be the 5th or 6th wing option.

The guy acquired via trade should be a really good backup. Dream names could be such as Lou Williams, JJ Redick, Ben Gordon, Anthony Morrow, Marvin Williams, Corey Maggette, Marcus Thornton, Jared Dudley, James Harden, Kyle Korver, Wilson Chandler, Chase Budinger, Carlos Delfino, Marco Belinelli, Trevor Ariza, Stephen Jackson, John Salmons, Jordan Crawford...

Well, that is a lot of names and some of you could argue that some of them are not worth Amir, JJ and Forbes, and I agree with this. Let’s try to find the best offer. I think the best thing would be to get another athletic scorer. I also know that OKC would never let Harden go away.

I really like Forbes. Same for JJ and Amir. But the point is to get even more talented players. So, in fact, I would do this trade only for G/F players that are better than Forbes.

The two rookies would be prospects, as they are not rushed to develop.

What y’all thinking?
    You seem to be very high on Barnes. But in the best of circumstances, MKG should be the first name on the small forward.

I kind of like it, but IMO, there's not much stable talent coming from the small forward...
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Thank you for your answer! Yeah, I'm high on Barnes, that's a fact! As you said, MKG would probably be the best option, but is he going to still be on board when we draft? Let's hope so! I don't understand your point with the SF position's talent stability, could you elaborate a bit more? It's not that I don't agree, it's really just that I don't really understand. Thanks!

Comment

Why would you want to spend money on Robin Lopez?
        Or want to trade for a 8-9 million dollar backup wing? That's not really a good allocation of money. I'd rather keep Amir, James Johnson and Forbes.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
          Why would you want to spend money on Robin Lopez?
          Or want to trade for a 8-9 million dollar backup wing? That's not really a good allocation of money. I'd rather keep Amir, James Johnson and Forbes.
          Well, let's just put Magloire instead of Lopez if you don't like him...
          And why would you rather keep those 3 when you could get a guy like Lou Williams, Wilson Chandler or Trevor Ariza?

Comment

Well, let's just put Magloire instead of Lopez if you don't like him...
            And why would you rather keep those 3 when you could get a guy like Lou Williams, Wilson Chandler or Trevor Ariza?
            Why Louis Williams? He's not a wing. He's an undersized 2. The team can offer Bayless at QO and pay him less than what Williams makes. He's a FA at the end of next season too.
            Why Ariza? He snubbed Toronto before. I'd rather keep James Johnson who makes a fraction of what Ariza does and produces the same numbers. He's also a FA at the end of next season and chances are, he won't stick around.

So right then and there, we'd be giving up assets to acquire guys who probably won't make this team much better - if it makes them better at all - and both guys could very well end up leaving at the end of next season, and we'd have nothing to show for it.

Comment

As for Chandler, I'm open to acquiring his services, but I'm not sure if I'd want to pay the price of Amir, JJ and Forbes for him (or not sure if Denver would accept it). He's had his problems keeping healthy since he came back. It also depends on who the Raptors end up drafting.

Comment

The point is to actually get something in return of those guys. If the goal is to add talent, well, Mayo is better than Bayless, Lopez is now better than Magloire, and the guy we would acquire would certainly be better than Forbes, JJ and Amir.

Comment

The point is to actually get something in return of those guys. If the goal is to add talent, well, Mayo is better than Bayless, Lopez is now better than Magloire, and the guy we would acquire would certainly be better than Forbes, JJ and Amir.
                  Dude, if Mayo was to sign here, it's for a starting gig. He's not going to want to come off of the bench. He's not short on talent, and some team lacking scoring and a hole at the 2-spot will give him a pretty decent contract - at least MLE - probably the same type of contract that Chandler got. As for Lopez, I'd rather take Magloire than Lopez. With Gray pretty much going to be re-signed and Valanciunas coming over (and with Davis and Bargnani in the mix as well), there's not a lot of minutes going to be available for Lopez. If this were 3 years ago, I'd be all for acquiring the guy, but he's injury prone - and if Phoenix - a team in need of length doesn't play him often, what does that say? I'd rather take the guy who is a vet, knows his role of being a mentor and doesn't create a problem within the camp.

Here's a question - why give up good depth players in Amir, James Johnson and Forbes to acquire another guy who will probably just serve to be a depth guy?

Comment

If you're trading DeRozan, then I can understand bringing in Mayo. If not, I can't see him signing here to be a backup to Demar or to fight for minutes.

Comment

You won this. Thanks Mango. I'm eager to see what our beloved Raptors will actually do! And BTW, the analyst for TVA Sports, in Québec, Mr.Paul Rivard, interviewed Magloire yesterday and Jamaal said he'd definitely want to come back next year, even before Rivard asked him the question. I'm all for this to. He seems to me a really good leader.

Comment

It's not a matter of winning, brother. I don't mean dashing cold water on your efforts. Keep on posting. I, for one appreciate the efforts and enjoy what you have to say. I see where you're coming from, but as fans, as much as we put forth a ton of fantasy proposals, 99.9% of them never occur. A lot of clues as to what might transpire in the offseason will be revealed during workouts and at what position we'll be drafting.

Comment

Thank you very much! And by the way, I'm 16! My dream is actually to be a NBA basketball analyst here, in Québec! That's why I like this forum, it allows me to share my passion with you guys and to learn from you. It also helps me with my English! But let's not go into further details... I'll keep on posting, that's for sure!

Comment

Thank you for your answer! Yeah, I'm high on Barnes, that's a fact! As you said, MKG would probably be the best option, but is he going to still be on board when we draft? Let's hope so! I don't understand your point with the SF position's talent stability, could you elaborate a bit more? It's not that I don't agree, it's really just that I don't really understand. Thanks!
                            In terms of talent. If we're looking at Barnes to be our starter from the get-go. How will he contribute? If he does? How about consistently? Same questions go for both Kleiza and Anderson. How consistent can all three of those guys be in terms of impacting a game and producing? IMO, I just don't see enough stable production to hold accountable each and every night from that position.

I would rather have..

SF - Barnes/JJ/Kleiza But than obviously that would affect the trade being your idea was Amir + James Johnson + Forbesy.

Just my thoughts. Because if we were looking to hit the ground running, I don't see Barnes/Kleiza putting enough against the small forwards of our conference. I.E Lebron, Granger, Carmelo Anthony, Paul Pierce, Luol Deng.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                            X