Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unlikely/Not commonly mentioned signings that could be a good idea...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Rasual Butler even been picked up?
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

This thread written in the new font "sarcastica".

why hasn't that font been invented yet?!

For real, though. I've got a strong interest in Fields.

None of those guys are coming here though considering where we are in the "rebuilding" process.

I mean none of the veteran guys. Guys on the knicks and such could come.

I think we have to play Moneyball here. Trying to find diamonds in the rough, guys who never really have got a shot.

I don't see a point in throwing a bunch of money at one guy. But, that's just me.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Sonny Weems, if his ankle heals.....
        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

I'm all for getting Fields

Comment

Count me out for all of these guys except Fields or Hill who won't be here.
            Deadallus

Comment

Barbo and AP.
              Seems like everybody likes Fields but i dont think NYK will let him go, but would be good to have here. Hardworking, no ego, soild pro.

What about Beno?

Comment

Here is a long shot.. but why not throw money at Ray Allen? He would never sign with us and would be expensive (probably at least $7/8M to get him here).. however the guy can play. And he'd be fine coming off the bench. He'd be an upgrade over Butler for sure

Doesn't really make much sense on a rebuilding team, and Ray Allen I'm sure would be wanting to play for a contender like Chicago or LA. Just a guy that I'd love to see on the Raps.

Also one name you don't hear much of is KG. Heck Casey coached him and so that might interest him. But if you want to change your culture bring KG on board for a year. That'll do it. Again I really doubt he'd be interested and even if he was it would be costly. Also doesn't make sense for us to bring in a PF when we have that position filled already. But I could almost see Bryan making a call out to his agent. He is a Casey type of guy. Perfect veteran that the Raps could use for a year or two even though his knees are about to give out any day and we are a long shot at best to getting into the playoffs.

Comment

Shuttlesworth would be the perfect guy to teach DeRozan how to move without the ball.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Shuttlesworth would be the perfect guy to teach DeRozan how to move without the ball.
                    really like watching him play but the way he sits on the bench and chews his gum bothers me. good signing though

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Here is a long shot.. but why not throw money at Ray Allen? He would never sign with us and would be expensive (probably at least $7/8M to get him here).. however the guy can play. And he'd be fine coming off the bench. He'd be an upgrade over Butler for sure

Doesn't really make much sense on a rebuilding team, and Ray Allen I'm sure would be wanting to play for a contender like Chicago or LA. Just a guy that I'd love to see on the Raps.

Also one name you don't hear much of is KG. Heck Casey coached him and so that might interest him. But if you want to change your culture bring KG on board for a year. That'll do it. Again I really doubt he'd be interested and even if he was it would be costly. Also doesn't make sense for us to bring in a PF when we have that position filled already. But I could almost see Bryan making a call out to his agent. He is a Casey type of guy. Perfect veteran that the Raps could use for a year or two even though his knees are about to give out any day and we are a long shot at best to getting into the playoffs.
                      I maybe wrong on this assessment but heck ill post it anyways, hehehe.

I dont think the Raptors will have success with Allen. I think at this stage in his career, he's turned into a screen-shooter, and by that i mean you have to give him a good pick to free himself to get his shot off. And dont get me wrong, that shot is deadly, but the Raps dont have enough good offensive players for Allen not to be targeted defensively. I dont think he's quick or crafty enough anymore to create his own shot, and he definitely needs very good players around him to be good himself.

KG on the other hand, would be awesome. He can still play inside, rebound and can hit the midrange consistently. and his drive/tenacity is relentless which hopefully will rub off on the younger players. his vocal nature will be very fitting with the raps who are a bunch of too nice guys. The only thing im unsure of is how to work him in the rotation. Does he become a backup? or make Bargnani the backup? or make Jonas the backup? I wouldnt mind giving him 7-8mil though.

Comment

Further to your point on Allen, he's not too happy about losing minutes to Avery Bradley. I don't imagine he'd be thrilled about backing up DeRozan on an unproven team in Toronto.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          I would add via restricted free agency: Landry Fields.

Via trade: Wesley Matthews.
                          There were rumours that Matthews was available around the trade deadline. The following certainly calls that in to question. But then again, the NBA is a business (that should be their new motto, it is said enough):

Matthews Will Play Summer League: Wesley Matthews has been in the NBA for three seasons and he’s set to earn $6,505,320 next year. He has averaged 13.5 points and 3.3 rebounds this season, solidifying himself as a key contributor for the Portland Trail Blazers. However, that won’t stop the 25-year-old from competing in the Las Vegas Summer League this offseason.

“I’m playing,” Matthews told Jason Quick of The Oregonian. “I’m playing. Dead serious.”

“I’m thinking I’ve got to get better,” Matthews added. “The summertime is where we can be selfish. I challenge everyone to work as hard as I do this summer. If we all do that, we will be a helluva team next year when we get back together.”

Matthews informed his agent, Lance Young, of his decision on Wednesday.

“He said he wants to play in two or three games, practices … just be around the team,” Young said. “I said ‘all right.’ He’s going to be playing pick-up games anyway.”

Sometimes players returning from injury will play in Las Vegas to test themselves in game conditions, but it’s rare to see a veteran sign up just to further his development. The Blazers love it and acting general manager Chad Buchanan praised Matthews for his extraordinary work ethic.

“That’s not a surprise,” Buchanan said. “Wes is striving to get better all the time. I love it. In the history of the NBA, I can’t imagine too many guys of his stature requesting to play in Summer League. That tells you a lot about him.”

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-wil...nd-steph-curry

Comment

I'm all for signing any of the big 3. They seem like they'd be good for leadership. Also sign Allen and let him start over Derozan. Derozan hasn't earned anything, make him prove that he should start sitting behind allen.
                            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

paul Pierce still has a nice jump shot. But, he's as slow as molases.
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

koncept wrote: View Post
                                I'm all for signing any of the big 3. They seem like they'd be good for leadership. Also sign Allen and let him start over Derozan. Derozan hasn't earned anything, make him prove that he should start sitting behind allen.
                                If we bring in Allen with the intentions of starting him, I would have no problem moving DeRozan for another piece. A 4th year shooting guard "project" shouldn't be in our vocabularies.

Comment

Working...
                                X