Let's think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's think

Right now, the Raptors have a few games left and are evaluating D-leaguers and otherwise players who usually don't play. One of the few players who intrigues me is Alabi. This is hypothetical, but what happens if Alabi goes off for these next few games. NOt necessarily 20-10-5 games but maybe 10-10 and 2 blocks, but also if he shows improved B-ball IQ, defensive awareness, offensive improvement, and otherwise sign of steady improvement. This would lead us with four capable bigs, and what happens if we get the 1st pick and we get Davis, just wanted your opinions.

The dream of Alabi being a serviceable player in the NBA is less likely to come to pass than Stephen Hawking being a serviceable player in the NBA.
    Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

Opinion on what?

You didn't really specify.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I can't see anymore, I got blinded when alabi tried to post up that one time.........

Comment

alabi is number 15 on a bench or first to the d league. i doubt he can do anything to change his chances for next year. only way he is back to camp is if he has a guaranteed contract. does he have another year left on his deal? i would be very surprised if alabi has a raptors uniform next year

Comment

er1csh3n wrote: View Post
            Right now, the Raptors have a few games left and are evaluating D-leaguers and otherwise players who usually don't play. One of the few players who intrigues me is Alabi. This is hypothetical, but what happens if Alabi goes off for these next few games. NOt necessarily 20-10-5 games but maybe 10-10 and 2 blocks, but also if he shows improved B-ball IQ, defensive awareness, offensive improvement, and otherwise sign of steady improvement. This would lead us with four capable bigs, and what happens if we get the 1st pick and we get Davis, just wanted your opinions.
            You're not fooling anyone, Solo's mom : we know you hacked er1csh3n's account !

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              alabi is number 15 on a bench or first to the d league. i doubt he can do anything to change his chances for next year. only way he is back to camp is if he has a guaranteed contract. does he have another year left on his deal? i would be very surprised if alabi has a raptors uniform next year
              I believe he's got a team option for next year at $890,000. I can't think of a reason why Colangelo would pick it up.

Comment

Hasn't shown to be an NBa player ... in the hypothetical question that he "goes off", at best it may give him an end of bench minimum deal ... beyond that, he likely won't be in the league next year - unless his buddy Masai gives him a spot in Denver.
                The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Best case scenario is we sign and trade him to package into a deal for an upgrade at the 3 or 1. Barring that, he'll be eating borscht next season.
                  Welp, that sucked.

Comment

fanchie wrote: View Post
                    you're not fooling anyone, solo's mom : We know you hacked er1csh3n's account !
                    haha!

Comment

er1csh3n wrote: View Post
                      I want what you're taking

Comment

might as well use his player option and stash him on the bench next year --in case he pulls a branden wright, ian mahinmi or byron mullens, etc. on us. I think he will never be more than a d leaguer, but you never know with 7 footers!

Comment

Didn't someone say it takes five years to know what you have with a big?
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                            Didn't someone say it takes five years to know what you have with a big?
                            That's on average. It's not a rule.

Comment

GIVE SOLO A CHANCE!

seriously, 7ft 1, and hasnt reached his 3rd season yet. For instance while only averaging .1 of a minute more per game he has also increased his ppg by 1! clearly there is more room for improvement!
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                              X