Kyle Lowry? Or Goran Dragić?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Lowry? Or Goran Dragić?

For the past year or so, people have been interested in trading with the Rockets for Goran Dragic and I'm partly one of those people, but there hasn't been much talk about Kyle Lowry. I don't think that the Rockets are gonna trade away Goran Dragic especially since the way he's been playing as of late. With two starting-caliber point guards, this makes Kyle Lowry a good trade asset for the Rockets. I was wondering if anyone has any trade ideas for Lowry or is every interest in Lowry?

The only problem is Dragic is unrestricted. Houston has no leverage over him.

Comment

Yeah no way in hell Lowry gets traded unless they are getting a star.

Comment

We need Goran next year to go deep in playoffs, he's like Jerryd but has length and wayyy better passer.
        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

i wouldn't mind dragic. But a lot of teams will be after him so we'll need to give him a good offer.

Comment

We can get Goran if we offer him 40 million over next 4 years. We have to move Calderon to another team if we want to offer him that kind of money. But that is almost elite-level salary for a PG. Tony parker and Nash are paid close to 12million/year.

Felton, Andre Miller, Nelson and Harris serve as a lesson for the return you can expect if you offer ordinary PGs extraordinary money.

Why not get one of these guys as a second PG instead? Beaubois, Vasquez , Lou, DJ Augustin, Darren Collison, CJ watson, Farmar, J.Kidd, Bledsoe, JJbarea, ridnour, Flynn, P.Mills, gary neal.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
              Yeah no way in hell Lowry gets traded unless they are getting a star.

http://www.raptorshq.com/2012/5/26/3...ay-for-raptors

Looks like a pretty sure thing now.

The question is what do we give:

Solve our front court log jam by dealing Davis or Amir?

Trade the pick?

Comment

SitnonDfence wrote: View Post
                http://www.raptorshq.com/2012/5/26/3...ay-for-raptors

Looks like a pretty sure thing now.

The question is what do we give:

Solve our front court log jam by dealing Davis or Amir?

Trade the pick?
                How is it a sure thing?

Dragic is unrestricted. He might want out of Houston more than Lowry - the difference is he has control over his situation.

The article/blog post is much like anything found on RR: fan speculation.

The key line in the article:

So there's no guarantee Lowry's going anywhere, let alone Toronto

Comment

Sign Dragic, trade for Lowry.

Simple.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    Sign Dragic, trade for Lowry.

Simple.
                    Now there's a man with a plan! HA!

Comment

Yeah I had made that post before finding out about Lowry not liking McHale (or whatever the problem is there). Finding out he is not very happy with the franchise changes things slightly, but it is still nothing close to "a sure thing".

Houston is not going to trade him just to trade him. They are going to want to get tons of value back, he is arguably their best player. I do not think we could give them an offer that will be better then others they will receive. Not to mention I think they are going to try to solve whatever problem they have with Lowry rather then trading him.

Comment

Here is my Lowry to Toronto trade idea:
                        http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=766mfp5

Toronto gets: Lowry, Miller
                        Toronto sends: Calderon, JJ
                        Rational: Toronto receives a backup center/veteran to help mentor JV, and Lowry. Only assets they give up are Jose's expiring contract and JJ. Miller is an expiring contract next year as well and they could use their TPE for either contract to help keep cap space free for free agency.

Houston gets: Gasol, Calderon, JJ
                        Houston sends: Lowry, Scola, Martin
                        Rational: Houston gets to pair up Gasol with Calderon. They lose the assets they were going to anyways for Gasol but get Calderon as well. They don't need to worry if Dragic leaves in free agency.

LAL gets: Scola, Williams
                        LAL sends: Gasol
                        Rational: LA gets younger with Williams. To help them out further, Houston could also offer up one of its lottery picks (although I don't think its needed since they get the #2 pick from last year's draft and a capable PF).

Minny gets: Martin
                        Minny sends: Williams, Miller
                        Rational: Minny needs a SG more than anything. Beasley can then take over the SF spot and not have to fight Williams for it.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Here is my Lowry to Toronto trade idea:
                          http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=766mfp5

Toronto gets: Lowry, Miller
                          Toronto sends: Calderon, JJ
                          Rational: Toronto receives a backup center/veteran to help mentor JV, and Lowry. Only assets they give up are Jose's expiring contract and JJ. Miller is an expiring contract next year as well and they could use their TPE for either contract to help keep cap space free for free agency.

Houston gets: Gasol, Calderon, JJ
                          Houston sends: Lowry, Scola, Martin
                          Rational: Houston gets to pair up Gasol with Calderon. They lose the assets they were going to anyways for Gasol but get Calderon as well. They don't need to worry if Dragic leaves in free agency.

LAL gets: Scola, Williams
                          LAL sends: Gasol
                          Rational: LA gets younger with Williams. To help them out further, Houston could also offer up one of its lottery picks (although I don't think its needed since they get the #2 pick from last year's draft and a capable PF).

Minny gets: Martin
                          Minny sends: Williams, Miller
                          Rational: Minny needs a SG more than anything. Beasley can then take over the SF spot and not have to fight Williams for it.
                          I have been thinking along the same lines as well, and I would bet Beasley is done in a sign and trade instead of Williams since that almost happened at the trade deadline.

Comment

Working...
                          X