Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyreke Evans: Kings not offering extension? (60)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Gordon's awesome....

....that is, when he plays :|
    Max money + Limited Play = Angry fans in 2013 with finely calibrated hindsight vision

Comment

Here's an idea:

Demar Derozan + Gary Forbes for Tyreke Evans.

The scenario works well in realgm: http://basketball.realgm.com/tradech..._trade/6077281

Kings want a player that can better play the guard and forward without the ball and still with potential (derozan). Raptors would love to get a tougher, more athletic, all-around point guard that can defend. We have plenty of shooters on board already.

Thoughts ?

Comment

I'm just not convinced Evans is a PG. I think I would prefer Dragic quarterbacking our offense.

I think Evans is better suited playing SG.

Comment

The Kings seem to think he is not a PG and they're not happy with his consistency or his shot selection. Maybe Casey turns him around, I don't know but right now he's just as likely to see a "Mighty Mouse" type career path as he is to reach his potential in my opinion.

Comment

Evans playing SG when he has no jumper? I would let him go at PG. Casey is not going to put up with any bullshit and he has no gang ties in Canada so it could be good for him to just focus on playing. In terms of trades I think Amir + Calderon/Kleiza for Evans and salary filler is about all Im willing to part with.

Comment

Darien wrote: View Post
              Evans playing SG when he has no jumper? I would let him go at PG. Casey is not going to put up with any bullshit and he has no gang ties in Canada so it could be good for him to just focus on playing. In terms of trades I think Amir + Calderon/Kleiza for Evans and salary filler is about all Im willing to part with.
              Yeah, or this drive by b.s. is just the tip of the ice berg and it later turns out he loses his privileges to fly abroad. Or he's not happy about being away for his murderous friends and opts to bail on the Raptors at the end of his rookie deal. Lots could go wrong and I'm not sure why the Raptors need to be getting in bed with him when they could use those trade assets to go land somebody of strong character. If Colangelo and Casey are dedicated to their system then they don't touch this guy, no way, no how.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                Gordon should not get a max deal.
                No- Gordon is probably worth 10~12mil/year

"BUT" we have the cap room to secure one of the best SG's in the game. It's all about financial strategy. So we'll be over spending but we'll be over spending while we're develop players on rookie contracts. Also, I'd rather overspend on Gordon than on Demar&Bayless.

How else do you think we're going to bring over young studs via non-draft route? Nobody wants to trade for our garbage players. I think some Raps fans totally over value what DD will bring back in a trade. Also, you ain't gonna get a CP3 type player saying "oh yes, I'll opt out because I so want to sign with the Raptors".

Comment

I'm just not convinced Evans is a PG. I think I would prefer Dragic quarterbacking our offense.

I think Evans is better suited playing SG.
                  Then let him play SG, I see no problem with that.

Comment

raptors2012 wrote: View Post
                    No- Gordon is probably worth 10~12mil/year

"BUT" we have the cap room to secure one of the best SG's in the game. It's all about financial strategy. So we'll be over spending but we'll be over spending while we're develop players on rookie contracts. Also, I'd rather overspend on Gordon than on Demar&Bayless.

How else do you think we're going to bring over young studs via non-draft route? Nobody wants to trade for our garbage players. I think some Raps fans totally over value what DD will bring back in a trade. Also, you ain't gonna get a CP3 type player saying "oh yes, I'll opt out because I so want to sign with the Raptors".
                    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1496/eric-gordon

the first bit shows how he only played 9 games this year and before this year has never played a whole season. gordon is a dont wan't.

evans is another don't want for me. i can't see anyway colangelo or casey would roll the dice on a player who has shown to be selfish and hard to coach on top of all the other garbage.

i am much happier throwing money at mayo then either of these players or if it has to be sign and trade sending demar or davis/amir if possible.

for me a player who can't stay on the court can never be in the conversation of best young shooting guard. he has the skills and the potential but so does greg oden. not helping the team from the bench or weight room.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1496/eric-gordon

the first bit shows how he only played 9 games this year and before this year has never played a whole season. gordon is a dont wan't.

evans is another don't want for me. i can't see anyway colangelo or casey would roll the dice on a player who has shown to be selfish and hard to coach on top of all the other garbage.

i am much happier throwing money at mayo then either of these players or if it has to be sign and trade sending demar or davis/amir if possible.

for me a player who can't stay on the court can never be in the conversation of best young shooting guard. he has the skills and the potential but so does greg oden. not helping the team from the bench or weight room.
                      It's not like he had the same injury every year. He's not like a Curry or Oden. Well, at least he hasn't shown to have a chronic injury. Mayo's a good player but we need a pure stud.

Look at what he's being doing after not playing the whole year. After the summer and a training camp~ watch out!

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                        Bargnani and Amir for Evans.
                        ummmmmmm NO
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                          Bargnani and Amir for Evans and Cousins.
                          So instead of picking up one guy with no shot we through in a double double team destroying knucklehead?
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                            So instead of picking up one guy with no shot we through in a double double team destroying knucklehead?
                            With Bargnani, the hope is that the 13 games prior to injury was the real Bargnani.
                            With Amir, the hope is that he stays healthy, and produces at the same efficiency he showed last year.

With Evans, the hope would be that he improves his shot.
                            With Cousins, the hope would be that he matures mentally.

So when evaluating this trade, how is one set of "hopes" less of a gamble than the other? In both scenarios, if they work, they're great. If they don't, they're terrible.

But when you add in the talent factor into the evaluations, the combination of Evans and Cousins have far more talent than Bargnani and Amir.
                            Last edited by Nilanka; Tue Apr 24, 2012, 11:29 AM.

Comment

With Bargnani, the hope is that the 13 games prior to injury was the real Bargnani.
                              With Amir, the hope is that he stays healthy, and produces at the same efficiency he showed last year.

With Evans, the hope would be that he improves his shot.
                              With Cousins, the hope would be that he matures mentally.

So when evaluating this trade, how is one set of "hopes" less of a gamble than the other? In both scenarios, if they work, they're great. If they don't, they're terrible.

But when you add in the talent factor, Evans and Cousins have far more talent than Bargnani and Amir.
                              I disagree with the talent, bargnani might be more talented than evans or cousins. Evans hasn't shown it yet and cousins is playing great but his screw is a bit loose and he's not a smart defender. Amir isn't even in the mix because all 3 of these guys have a lot more talent, no offense to amir

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                I disagree with the talent, bargnani might be more talented than evans or cousins. Evans hasn't shown it yet and cousins is playing great but his screw is a bit loose and he's not a smart defender. Amir isn't even in the mix because all 3 of these guys have a lot more talent, no offense to amir
                                Agreed. Team chemistry cannot be overlooked either, which I see as the biggest knocks against both Cousins and Evans. They both have reputations of being selfish me-first type players or just knuckleheads. I wouldn't want to build around players/people like that. Bargnani can improve his defense, rebounding and consistency, but Cousins/Evans can't improve their character.

Comment

Working...
                                X