Amir Johnson for O.J. Mayo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Johnson for O.J. Mayo?

Since OJ is a restricted FA, Memphis can match any offer that he accepts. But if we offer Memphis Amir, they would certainly accept to do a sign and trade. What do you guys think about this option? We could also add our last 2nd round pick to the offer.

i dont think memph would do this. Maybe if we add both second rounders they might consider it, but just amir? no way

Comment

Amir and a pick, why not? Rather than loose him for nothing! I mean if we sign him anyway, this trade would simply help both teams.
      Toronto would erase the PF logjam without using the amnesty clause, and they would add another really good piece to the puzzle.

Memphis would add a solid player instead of loosing Mayo for nothing or being forced to match the Raptors offer.

Valanciunas/Gray/Magloire
      Bargnani/Davis/Kleiza
      Barnes/Johnson/Anderson
      DeRozan/Mayo/Forbes
      Calderon/Bayless/Rookie

Comment

I would in a heartbeat. Memphis would too if it was to much to sign Mayo back considering the contracts of Gay Gasol and Randolph. Of course if that is the case just sign him believing no match from Memphis.

Comment

Don't you think this would be a good thing to get rid of Amir? I mean I like him, but is not he a bit of a liability, considering JV's coming next year? As I said, we would still have the amnesty clause and we won't need to pay him anymore. Also, this could convince Memphis to not match the offer.

Comment

Regardless of whether you think Amir should go if, in my scenario, you get Mayo without trading Amir then do it. If you still think Amir needs to go he is still an asset for trading elsewhere.
            As for amnesty no way in hell. He has a decent contract and is a solid contributor on top of being a trade asset. Waste of the amnesty clause. IMO.

Comment

Yeah that's what I think do, I'm just saying that this way we could get rid of it without using it. I wouldn't use it on him that's for sure, he helps the team, anyway. We'll find a deal if it's not that one.

Comment

Unless we add Derozan, it's not happening.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

OJ's a free agent, anything can happen! With all the money we have this summer, we could add him even without loosing Amir!

Valanciunas/Gray/Magloire
                  Bargnani/Davis/Johnson
                  Barnes/Johnson/Kleiza
                  DeRozan/Mayo/Forbes
                  Calderon/Bayless/Rookie

Comment

Mayo won't come to Toronto to be a backup. There are teams like the Bulls that can offer him a starting gig - and a chance to win.

Comment

The thing is that Mayo is not Hamilton. He ain't 33, so he'll go for money first. If we offer him a huge contract, I don't see why we cannot get him. Also we have a bright future, I tell you.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                        The thing is that Mayo is not Hamilton. He ain't 33, so he'll go for money first. If we offer him a huge contract, I don't see why we cannot get him. Also we have a bright future, I tell you.
                        If you offer him a huge contract? Once again, why? You have DeRozan at the 2 and the team is committed to him, so why pay Mayo a huge contract if he isn't going to start? It doesn't make much sense.

If Memphis doesn't offer him the QO (and why should they considering they're continually crying poor and their starter, Tony Allen makes roughly half of what Mayo makes), the most Mayo will probably get is the MLE. Chances are, if the offers are the same and the choices are Chicago and Toronto, my money is that he'll choose the Bulls.

Comment

You don't know when the next opportunity to win a championship will come.

So, I agree he might go for win now, money later.

Althougg, it's usually the other way around.
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Why would we take him if we have DeRozan? Because the main goal is to get this team some talent, and Mayo is talented, that's for sure. He would be a huge spark off the bench.

Comment

So what you're saying is that you'd be willing to blow 6-7 million of your cap space on a guy to come off the bench - who doesn't want to be a bench player in the first place? Why not just offer Bayless his QO? He'd be cheaper and can play the 1 and 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X