Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors lose coin flip to Warriors; drop to 8th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WJF wrote: View Post
    Where do you get Ian Miller being an solution to anyone's starting PG needs? The guy shot under 40% from the floor and averaged 1.3 assists per game, what there screams PG of the future?
    he's an athletic freak and draws comparisons to Russel Westbrook. Who wouldn't want that

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      he's an athletic freak and draws comparisons to Russel Westbrook. Who wouldn't want that
      You can't go off of "comparisons", how many high fliers were labelled the next Jordan? The only Comparison is that they are both guards and athletic, after that there is no similarities.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Let's hope, that Fortune is just playing with Raptors fans' minds and after all we'll get lucky in the lottery... Other way, I believe, we should take a risk and draft player like Quincy Miller. Or even trade this pick for realy good player because we have quite solid bench and we don't need more role players in our team And please, DO NOT draft Meyers Leonard!!!
        Last edited by japetas; Fri Apr 27, 2012, 06:40 PM.
        (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
          You can't go off of "comparisons", how many high fliers were labelled the next Jordan? The only Comparison is that they are both guards and athletic, after that there is no similarities.
          You cant go off of stats either. Westbrook put up average stats at UCLA and look at him now.

Comment

Westbrook had hype and was projected as a first round player, this guy is an average player who will be lucky to make the NBA, let alone be a stater any place.

Also, while Westbrook's stats were not mind blowing in college, compare the 2 players and Ian Miller would give his left nut to have had the same type of season, more points, steals, assists, rebounds, better shooting percentages, no comparison.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

AJ360 wrote: View Post
              Can't believe that we ended up with th 8th slot... Worst case scenario came true. Go figure.
              GTFO. Wait to jump to conclusions.

It's the draft LOTTERY order, not the DRAFT order.

We could slide up or down.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

EFFF. Why did you win those games raptors. Why. At first I didn't want to draft Barnes. Then we fell to a spot where Barnes would have been a good option. Now I feel like we should gamble on PJ3. Raptors season positives are looking small right about now.

Comment

I hope we end up with the 8th pick, and colangelo realizes he needs to go batshit crazy with trades and signing's that will leave us going from zero to mofuggin hero in one year. Next year should be interesting if that happens!!!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    My understanding with these flips is they still split the number of lottery balls.

It is if neither team gets a top 3 pick that they then follow the outcome of the coin flip.

Can anyone correct me if I am wrong please.
                    That's what I understand. Unless the Raptors get a top-3 pick (about 10% probability), they will pick 8th or lower. 9th is more likely than a top 3 pick. If they had won the coin flip, they would have been slotted in the 7th slot, and would have moved down if anyone below them won a top-3 pick. It looks like they will pick 8th or 9th.

The Raptors were the victim of some spectacular tanking this year.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                      GTFO. Wait to jump to conclusions.

It's the draft LOTTERY order, not the DRAFT order.

We could slide up or down.
                      10% chance of moving up. 17% chance of moving down. 73% chance of picking 8th. Just sayin'.

Comment

I swear we gonna get the 1st pick. I'm sure of it. No lie!

Comment

The difference between 7th best odds and 8th best odds are relatively low. If the Raptors draft 8-10 range they're in line to draft a point guard or wing with all-star upside.

Comment

I feel sick again. It's just one spot but that rubs salt into the wounds. Plus, and I don't know why this bothers me, but I can't believe golden state gets to keep its pick.
                            Edit. Check that...I guess they only keep it if no one below them gets lucky.
                            Last edited by Jclaw; Fri Apr 27, 2012, 09:16 PM.

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                              If the BC and Ed are smart they will use that 8th pick and get Kendall Marshall, PG of the future.
                              It seemed that both BC and DC were pretty happy with the PG spot at this time and were going to target their more pressing need at SF in the draft if they could. Based on the press stuff I watched this morning.

Comment

Bouncepass wrote: View Post
                                That's what I understand. Unless the Raptors get a top-3 pick (about 10% probability), they will pick 8th or lower. 9th is more likely than a top 3 pick. If they had won the coin flip, they would have been slotted in the 7th slot, and would have moved down if anyone below them won a top-3 pick. It looks like they will pick 8th or 9th.

The Raptors were the victim of some spectacular tanking this year.
                                So if they don't get a top 3 pick they are not able to get drawn between 4th and 7th? Is that what you are saying?

Comment

Working...
                                X