Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors lose coin flip to Warriors; drop to 8th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yup

only the top three are up for grabs

the rest of the positions follow the order finalized today

Comment

Bouncepass wrote: View Post
      10% chance of moving up. 17% chance of moving down. 73% chance of picking 8th. Just sayin'.
      Well, the main thing is if Colangelo is satisfied with it.

If he is, he and his merry men obviously have someone in particular they like at 8th or wherever they end up and happen to know more about them then we do.

If he's not, he's going to trade the pick.

It's as simple as that.

He's sticking to the plan and that's all there is to it. If it works, hooray! If it doesn't can his ass. One thing is for sure it's going to take five years.

Not two or three nor four. If you don't like it don't pay attention. Check back in three years.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

well with the 8th or 9th pick i don't know about you guys but jeremy lamb is looking better than pj3 to me... but then again thats if BC doesn't chose to trade it or move up.
        Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

Jon_Wade wrote: View Post
          well with the 8th or 9th pick i don't know about you guys but jeremy lamb is looking better than pj3 to me... but then again thats if BC doesn't chose to trade it or move up.
          I don't think his going to trade the pick unless it's something spectacular. BC loves rookie contracts and I can't recall him ever trading a top10 pick. Jeremy does look good at 9 but not 8. I still think that BC will pick the BPA. At 8 and 9 PJ3 is has down the best talent available.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            My understanding with these flips is they still split the number of lottery balls.

It is if neither team gets a top 3 pick that they then follow the outcome of the coin flip.

Can anyone correct me if I am wrong please.
            Yes, this is correct.

Also, because the number of lottery combinations between us and GS is odd (71), they obviously cannot be split evenly. Since GS won the toss, they get 36 and we get 35. So technically, GS has better odds of winning too... by 0.1%.

Here are our complete odds:
            70.38% ... 8th
            16.50% ... 9th
            4.77% ..... 3rd
            4.05% ..... 2nd
            3.50% ..... 1st
            0.80% ..... 10th
            <0.01% ... 11th

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
              GTFO. Wait to jump to conclusions.

It's the draft LOTTERY order, not the DRAFT order.

We could slide up or down.
              I'm not jumping to any conclusion, I know that its possible to move into the top 3.

I'm disappointed that after another brutal year we have 8th best odds at top 3 pick, we're one win too many from 5th best odds and two wins too many from 3rd best odds.

There is a silver lining in that we can draft for potential with the 8th pick and a player like PJ3 has huge upside.

But maybe I'll go sacrifice a goat to Fortuna for the number 1 pick.

Comment

Only option is to trade up

Comment

Wasn't the Cavs first pick the Clippers pick? At 8th? Who knows? Odds may fall into top 3.
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

ogitheserb wrote: View Post
                    Only option is to trade up
                    Or trade out.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Or just use the darn pick and make the most out of it. Colangelo has drafted many studs outside the top 7.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Or just use the darn pick and make the most out of it. Colangelo has drafted many studs outside the top 7.
                        +1 it's not his first rodeo
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          No way, Apollo. No way, no how. You need a superstar to be competitive in the NBA and the only way to get a superstar is to draft top 3. It is a proven fact. The Raptors are doomed. End of argument as some say.

*sarcasm to the extreme*

Comment

Lol u guys need to calm down. We will draft a good player trust me

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                              Well, the main thing is if Colangelo is satisfied with it.

If he is, he and his merry men obviously have someone in particular they like at 8th or wherever they end up and happen to know more about them then we do.

If he's not, he's going to trade the pick.

It's as simple as that.

He's sticking to the plan and that's all there is to it. If it works, hooray! If it doesn't can his ass. One thing is for sure it's going to take five years.

Not two or three nor four. If you don't like it don't pay attention. Check back in three years.
                              I agree. Colangelo knows a lot more about the possibilities and the potential players in this draft than anyone on this board. But I think we'll have a better read on the team before five years. In fact, I think that we might have a good read on the young players within a couple of years. Players that are going to be great usually show their potential within the first couple of years. If neither JV nor the 2012 lottery pick look like potential stars in the next couple of years, then I think that this team is going to be mediocre or bad for several years to come.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                No way, Apollo. No way, no how. You need a superstar to be competitive in the NBA and the only way to get a superstar is to draft top 3. It is a proven fact. The Raptors are doomed. End of argument as some say.

*sarcasm to the extreme*
                                LOL, you guys are making me lose my hair.

Comment

Working...
                                X