An NBA team in Markham?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An NBA team in Markham?

Although, its rumored that this new arena will be built for a second NHL team, what do you guys think of the possibility of having a second NBA team in the Toronto area?

Just google Markham arena plan for the sportsnet article...
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Guaranteed never gonna happen bud. Now a second NHL team within 5 years is def a possibility.

Comment

That's a bit viscious sounding cal.

But, true.

Alrhough, the part about second NHL team isn't much better. All the problems that occured with Hamilton trying to get one. Although, uncomfirmed. Also, possibly excuses because Bettman hates Balsillie and won't give up on Hockey in the south.

Winnipeg may have just been a gimme/dillusion. Basketball is not happening and NHL is not happening for sure in the next five years.

It's a waste of a stadium. If it's built and they will settle for nothing but an NHL or NBA team.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

1) There are cities like Vancouver and Seattle that are capable of having a team but do not have them - Toronto getting another team would/could probably be at the expense of these cities getting a team - does not make sense.

2) There is a lot of debate on whether or not L.A. deserves 2 teams (not to say one of them will ever be moved as long as they both sell tickets)- no way a smaller market Toronto gets 2 teams (especially with attendance not selling out).

3) Should we even want a second team? I think it would benefit the NBA/Canada (and therefore benefit Toronto) far more to have Vancouver and Toronto each have individual teams.

Comment

I've just been using this announcement to troll Seattle fans on ESPN message boards. Saying, Toronto actually has a second stadium being built, while they are still in the disscusion phase. Honestly, i desperately want Vancouver to get the next franchise.
          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Are you sure it's going to be built? It might be just floating a trial balloon. Without a major league team absorbing dates (usage) and all the revenue streams that go along I cannot see how it can be built and sustain itself unless of course the builders lay the costs of the place on the city of Markham until they get a hockey team. The NBA I think is a no go. I hear that even the major concerts in the Toronto area are sewn up by the ACC/MLSE who have rights of first refusal with the major promotions company in Canada. SO the Markam facility will get the crumbs and the ice skating shows!

Comment

Working...
            X