Melo fails bigtime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bendit wrote: View Post
    Because most of these pundits either live in NY or are probably from there and then of course there is the herd mentality...these are probably the same bunch who clamored for the Knicks to do the deal to get Melo to NY. Many fans there have an inflated view of their team but you cannow hear a lot of back pedaling as they/Melo are going to get their lunch handed to them.

I think the Heat have finally decided who the top dog is in Miami (LBJ) while Melo and Amare have not. They also havent figured out how to play together when both are on the floor together. This might have something to do with them not having a point guard but I doubt it. Melo is too much of an iso player and both Melo & Amare are not v good defenders unlike Lebron and Wade (somewhat). I think if teams can make the big 2 become jump shooters (easier said) this could do it.
    Ding! Ding! Ding!

These are the same people who have been pushing the 'tanking is bad' agenda all year. New York spent years purposely being bad to clear cap space and no one batted an eye.

Shame! *insert Dikembe finger wag here*

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
      You do realize who they're playing, right?
      yes i know but its not guranteed that the Heat win a championship. A team in the west could stop them once more

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        yes i know but its not guranteed that the Heat win a championship. A team in the west could stop them once more
        I think the point was that a team in the East called the New York Knicks could not.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
          I think the point was that a team in the East called the New York Knicks could not.
          i'm sorta lost here... i already know that

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            Not what I'm saying... I'm all for hating the knicks.. I have since the Ewing days... But trying to say that'll show them for trying to buy a championship when they're playing against the prototype team of that same philosophy is a tad bit hypocritical.. Know what in saying?

don't try to justify your own hate...

hate in itself is an unjustifiable emotion... embrace the dark side.
            Last edited by heinz57; Tue May 1, 2012, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Just for closure, the Heat whooped the New York Melos badly. The Nuggets took the Lakers to seven games despite getting a lot of bad calls. The end.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                hate in itself is an unjustifiable emotion... embrace the dark side.
                what about the power of the darkside? if through hate you become strong is it not justifiable?

Comment

Melo didn't fail enough for the NBA writers.

Melo All-NBA? What a joke. Forget the fact he admitted he quit on his coach. Absolutely shameless.

Comment

that's pretty sick. but i also don't like how the nba defensive player of the year couldn't make first team defense.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Ding! Ding! Ding!

These are the same people who have been pushing the 'tanking is bad' agenda all year. New York spent years purposely being bad to clear cap space and no one batted an eye.

Shame! *insert Dikembe finger wag here*
                      A more honest person might say the Knicks spent mega-dollars on poor assets and had to suffer the consequences for a number of years.

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                        A more honest person might say the Knicks spent mega-dollars on poor assets and had to suffer the consequences for a number of years.
                        A more honest person? Not sure what that means but whatever.

Look at the trades and roster decisions that were made in the years leading up to the summer of LeBron. They were not playing to win. They were competing for an impending free agency.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Melo didn't fail enough for the NBA writers.

Melo All-NBA? What a joke. Forget the fact he admitted he quit on his coach. Absolutely shameless.
                          The league is trying it's hardest to make the guy a likeable superstar but it's like he's trying to mess it up. He's been chasing LeBron ever since 2003 and here we are nine years later and Melo still can't shoot the ball as well as LeBron, he sure as hell can't create for others as good as LeBron even if LeBron had one of his arms amputated; ditto for defense. To clue things up the only area he's gaining any ground at all on LeBron is his overall douchebaggery.

Comment

Working...
                          X