Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    Keep in mind Bayless is dumb as a stool though
    How so? Bayless as far as I know is a pretty intelligent guy- on an off the court.

Comment

The scouting reports from Bayless from back when he was at Arizona and Lillard's are awfully similar.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
        How so? Bayless as far as I know is a pretty intelligent guy- on an off the court.
        +1 exactly. Ceez needs to stop pulling stuff out of his ass.

Comment

You can tell by the way he keeps talking that silly "but I'm a starter you guys " nonsense.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

He doesn't seem to get it
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I get why people like Lillard but he would be a terrible fit with DeRozan and Bargnani, and possibly with Valanciunas if he isn't a great pick and roll passer (since most of Val's offense in year 1 will likely come from diving to the bucket on the roll). He looks like his skill set will translate well to the NBA and that he'd be very low risk as an asset, but the league is flooded with combo guards that can score and come on cheap contracts.

edit: Just wanted to add, if you really want to take a point guard, there's no reason not to move down. I'm starting to wonder if trading the 8 for the Rockets' 14th and 16th picks (should it shake out that way), and seeing who falls might be a good idea. Rivers, Q Miller, Terrence Jones and Lamb are all available in that range in Ford's mock, and frankly I'd much prefer 2 of those 4 to Lillard or Marshall.
              Last edited by Lark Benson; Mon Apr 30, 2012, 10:58 PM.

Comment

His numbers are actually very good as a starter. I know he has said that he views himself as a starter, and why shouldn't he get that chance? I don't know how that makes him dumb as a stool.

Comment

just gonna drop this in here. notice how he doesn't settle for jump shots, but is always attacking, yet at the same time reading the defense. that's actually a innate quality that the best players have. i just find the dude extremely intriguing.
                  Thanks for posting this, I didn't see alot of him during the season. He looks like a definite upgrade from Bayless, more explosive better finisher at the rim. I suppose when talking about our "PG of the future" I would have like to have seen one pass in the mix, one assist or an alley oop dish or something.

Comment

Ugh yeah that's another thing about Bayless that drives me crazy, finishing. Death to Bayless!
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Just my 2 cents but, I think Lillard is the right pick here, but I don't see BryCo taking him over Lamb and Rivers.

Comment

Too early to say, but if we stay where we are the odds on it being one of the 3 is pretty high I'd say.

I'd prefer Lamb or Lilllard to Rivers, though.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
                          I get why people like Lillard but he would be a terrible fit with DeRozan and Bargnani, and possibly with Valanciunas if he isn't a great pick and roll passer (since most of Val's offense in year 1 will likely come from diving to the bucket on the roll).
                          I for one think he might actually be a great fit. Here's an excerpt from his DraftExpress profile...

Lillard has also done a better job of taking care of the basketball thus far, cutting his turnover rate almost in half from previous seasons. This is quite an impressive feat, considering his heavy usage and how much his team depends on him to create offensively. To illustrate that, he actually ranks #1 amongst all NCAA point guard prospects in terms of turnovers per possession, coughing the ball up on just 10% of his possessions.

The large emphasis of the pick-and-roll game in today's NBA bodes well for Lillard, as he's shown to be very effective as the ball-handler in pick-and-roll situations. His ability to smoothly pull up off the dribble from deep range makes it difficult for his defenders to go underneath the screen, while his burst off the dribble allows him to turn the corner quickly and get into the paint.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz1taHv4Iqa
                          http://www.draftexpress.com
                          Now try telling me that doesn't sound exactly like a younger Jose. So much for the Bayless comparisons...
                          Last edited by jrdyck; Mon Apr 30, 2012, 11:23 PM.

Comment

i think with the "level of competition" argument you have to look at whether or not they dominated. it's not Lillard or any other shitty conference players fault where they play, but when they did play, how did they fare? Lillard was pretty unfuckwitable (thats a word i just made up) in school, so he certainly can ball. if "level of competition" was such a important thing, then why were high school players taken so high? it's all based on talent, and i think Lillard has a ton of it.
                            My biggest concern is that, him having the potential "superstar" moniker attached to his name means that, if he is the real deal, we won't be able to grab him with the 8th pick. Things might change, but I have not seen him lower than 6 in any mock thus far. Level of competition is why most of these players are rightly ignored - he just might be the exception. We look to be in agreement on this player but glad to see you are not getting the outright revolt I received on suggesting it! The good news is, I suspect that "fly in the ointment" DC has a very good grasp of what to look for in a draft prospect and will steer the crew to the best option - was pisses with him before and during the season but all gravy now! Do you think they should temporarily expand the scouting staff for this important draft? Keep up the good work and let us know if you unearth another potential draft superstar - could be anywhere in this deep crap shoot!!!

Comment

What, no Perry Jones III fans here?

Comment

jrdyck wrote: View Post
                                I for one think he might actually be a great fit. Here's an excerpt from his DraftExpress profile...

Now try telling me that doesn't sound exactly like a younger Jose. So much for the Bayless comparisons...
                                Doesn't sound like a young Jose at all. What you quoted mentions nothing about his passing ability in the pick and roll, just his ability to get his own shot; that's why I don't see him as a good fit when surrounded by shooters and slashers that need a distributor to be effective. He may have had a low turnover percentage per possession, but keep in mind how many of those possessions involved him looking for his own. You're more likely to cough the ball up when trying to set up others than you are pulling up for jumpers and driving to the rim.

Comment

Working...
                                X