"Casey: Valanciunas' Worst Case Scenaro Is Noah" & "Koreen: Too much hype?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    Dikember Mutombo, 4-time defensive player of the year, 8-time all star (in a period the league was loaded with great centers)
    Hakeem Olajuwon, 2-time defensive player of the year, 1 MVP, 2 Finals MVP, HoF, arguably one of the 10 best players to ever play the game.

I think people easily forget how great Mutombo and Olajuwon were as basketball players. But maybe it's the just the long English Canadian tradition of dismissing everything French.

Je me souviens.
    i think your mixing africa up with france
    of the two hakeem was the only great player

dikembe was a one sided defensive player who at his peak i would take the worm over 10 times out of 10 for my team

Comment

It's hard to be a versatile defender when you're 7foot2. I still would take Mutombo over Rodman if I was starting a new team, because its much easier to build a defense around one of the greatest shot-blockers in nba history, plus Dikembes offense was far better than Rodmans

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        i think your mixing africa up with france
        They both speak French.

"Je me souviens' is the official motto of Québec and you just proved my point.

of the two hakeem was the only great player
        Yes, 8-time all stars are a dime a dozen ... [/SACARSM]

dikembe was a one sided defensive player who at his peak i would take the worm over 10 times out of 10 for my team
        If your best counter is that you would take a HoF over a great player, then said player was great.

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
          They both speak French.

"Je me souviens' is the official motto of Québec and you just proved my point.

Yes, 8-time all stars are a dime a dozen ... [/SACARSM]

If your best counter is that you would take a HoF over a great player, then said player was great.
          Dikembe had a great personality and a big heart too and he will be a Hall of famer some day, being second all-time leader in blocks helps too

Comment

Without playing too much into the hype...I see Valanciunas, in his prime, as a cross between Michael Jordan and Jesus Christ
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

i see your MJ and raise you Fergie
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
              X