Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Would you rather" tournament pick'em: The Final 4 has begun! (post 204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• japetas wrote: View Post
    O
    I love seeing a post with a single letter, and a footer that says "(Sorry for my poor English)"

Quite frankly japetas, you are doing a better job posting single letters than many of the native born English speakers on this list.

:-)

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      Q

The only way I'd consider R is if we are comparing PG to PG, then ball handling & passing would be much more important; Q's ratings in those categories are the two lowest ratings on the board for either player.
      +1 If these two are point guards than that makes this debate a little less clear cut.

Comment

• Q for the same reasons as stated above; NBA ready with more potential.
        “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• Q

Comment

• Q, though R has better ball handling skills and seems more well rounded, I can see Q having a better career in the NBA.

Since both players aren't PF or C, ball handling skills are important.
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
              my thoughts as well, Q.....looks like a landslide.
              q does not seem to be that much better, definitely not better in a landslide, but he obviously does look better, so he will definitely win.

Comment

• Round 2 - Match 2

The LOSER of Round 2 Match 1 is:

Terrence Ross

Pulled off an upset in round 1 but was outmatched today by a 13 to 0 vote. Lesson: If you are less NBA ready and have less potential you will get destroyed in round 2!

Round 2 - Match 2

I averaged the numbers from a couple of draft sights to put together the report that you see. I threw around the idea of posting the player's position, but since I revealed who is in the Elite 8 I decided to try and make this as blind as possible and keep the position a "mystery". You might be able to guess based on their attributes. In this round I will only reveal who lost the match, and will only reveal the final 4 once round 2 is complete.

Would you rather have...

...........................Player S....................Player T
                Athleticism................8...................... ........8.5
                Build/Strength............9............................. .9
                Size.........................7.5.................. .........7.5
                Shooting...................6.5.................... ........8
                Ball Handling.............7.5.......................... ...6
                Quickness.................7....................... ........9
                Passing.....................7..................... .........6
                Rebounding................9 ............................9.5
                Post Skills..................7......................... .....7
                Defense....................7.5.................... .......6.5
                Intangibles................7...................... ........8
                Leadership.................8...................... ........8
                NBA Readiness...........7.5........................... 8.5
                Potential...................9..................... ........8.5
                Basketball IQ..............6..............................7
                Last edited by The Coach; Fri May 18, 2012, 03:05 AM.
                “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                ― John Wooden

Comment

• Pulled off an upset in round 1 but was outmatched today by a 13 to 0 vote. Lesson: If you are less NBA ready and have less potential you will get destroyed in round 2!

hahhahahahahaah good lesson to learn. poor terrance didn't get a vote.

going T. slight shooting/quickness/rebounding advantage which i think will help him separate his post moves at the next level to break that tie as well.

Comment

• T, its all about the IQ, can't have a JaVale McGee out there.
                    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• S

Comment

• T.

Comment

• T, coach casey can help with that 6.5 on defense.
                          Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

• If these are PG, I will go with Player S, otherwise I will go with Player T. They both have very low BBIQ scores, which would ultimately scare me away from both of them.

Since I need to vote blindly, I will go with PLAYER T. Although he has slightly lower potential, I'll choose him for his higher scores in NBA Readiness, Atleticism, Quickness, Shooting and Intangibles.

Comment

• Since it says Post Skills I believe that means they are bigs.
                              Assuming this, no doubt I take T.
                              Final answer.

Comment

• I'm going with T... a big-man who can run the floor and rebound at a high level sounds good, but neither of these guys seem to fit our defensive needs.

Comment

Working...
                                X