Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another reason to love David Aldridge: He wants Raps to win Lottery!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great article! We better get that first pick now!! Actually I have a strong feeling that either us or Cleveland is going to win the lottery.

Comment

Gvid wrote: View Post
      Great article! We better get that first pick now!! Actually I have a strong feeling that either us or Cleveland is going to win the lottery.
      yup, glass pipe
      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Hate to be a buzz kill, but I think we are only excited about reading this because US sportswriters mention us MAYBE 3 times a year.
        He didn't say anything we didn't know already, or anything insightful, he is just talking about us and that gets us excited...

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
          Hate to be a buzz kill, but I think we are only excited about reading this because US sportswriters mention us MAYBE 3 times a year.
          He didn't say anything we didn't know already, or anything insightful, he is just talking about us and that gets us excited...
          Whatever Mr.Buzz Killington.

And thats actually not what it is at all for me.
          For me, its the fact that a Sports Writer, (yes he's American, but that has very little bearing for me) whom I greatly respect and admire, took the time to point out what many of us already thought to be true, BUT very few outside of the Team-Ecosystem actually acknowledge. That being that the Raps have a chance to be relevant again in the near future.

It may only be confirmation of what some of us may have known, but coming from a highly respected Basketball mind like Aldridge, its different than if Tim Chisholm were to write it.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

For me, its the fact that a Sports Writer, (yes he's American, but that has very little bearing for me) whom I greatly respect and admire, took the time to point out what many of us already thought to be true, BUT very few outside of the Team-Ecosystem actually acknowledge. That being that the Raps have a chance to be relevant again in the near future.

It may only be confirmation of what some of us may have known, but coming from a highly respected Basketball mind like Aldridge, its different than if Tim Chisholm were to write it.
            Good point...it IS good to know that we are not diluting ourselves into thinking that this year mattered the way we all think it did...

Comment

Re: anthony davis at the 3 -- why not? he is a grand slam defensive prospect (your boy D.A. called him one in a generation), can't see how he couldn't defend SFs with his agility and length?
              Offensively he wouldn't stretch the D by any means (for now), but just because he would be slotted in at the 3 doesn't mean you can't incorporate a talent like him into a halfcourt...especially considering the way he passes and sees the floor.

Comment

no he is a 4, bad idea playing guys out of position

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

Ya, but, is he well respected because he's american? How well is he known internationally?

I got to be honest, I'm more familiar with tim chisolm or michael grange than aldrige.

Frig man, every night PTI goes "goodnight, canada!" OTR ain't goin' "goodnight america!"
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                    Ya, but, is he well respected because he's american? How well is he known internationally?
                    He is an American Journalist yes. That has no bearing on why he is respected. In terms of international appeal, he covers the NBA, so if international people follow the NBA, then they probably know of him.

I got to be honest, I'm more familiar with tim chisolm or michael grange than aldrige.
                    Thats because they are both Canadian Journalists who appear on TSN and SportsNet.
                    As opposed to Aldridge who is frequently on TNT, ESPN etc.

Frig man, every night PTI goes "goodnight, canada!" OTR ain't goin' "goodnight america!"
                    You don't remember when Kornheiser made the quip about Canadians not having TVs?
                    Wilbon made him apologize, and he promised to make it up to us.

And because we never used to get the second half of the show.

...You think Americans watch OTR? Get real man. Haha

Comment

Your last line is exactly my point.

Why are we watching their shit and when i say shit I mean it and they are not watching ours?
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                        Your last line is exactly my point.

Why are we watching their shit and when i say shit I mean it and they are not watching ours?
                        Because 29 out of the 30 teams are in their country ... Haha

Comment

well, I guess fucking so.

Comment

Let's not kid ourselves here. NBA coverage in the US is far superior to Canadian coverage. When I listen to Sportsnet 590, the NBA scores are provided AFTER the Toronto Marlies, FFS!

Comment

Nah, AD would NOT play the 3. Bargs could. He would do a mediocre job of it, but with AD and Val minding the paint, any blow-by's would be swatted away, so no worries. And on offence we'd be creating some great mismatches. With Bargs being guarded by someone who's 6'6" to 6'8" tall, he could post them up (something he did a much better job of last year) and take that little 10-footer of his over their heads. This would be a lethal frontcourt. Now all we need is, well, the number one pick.

Comment

If we get that #1 pick, both Ed and Bargs are gone imo, for other top 5 picks.
                                NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                                X