Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DeRozan officially invited to Team USA national training camp/Year 3 highlight mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Kobe's dedication to the workout room is legendary. I hope that rubs off on DD. Colangelo talked about there is more to be a professional than just being a gym rat on the basketball court. I can't think of a better example of that than Kobe.
    extra marital affairs?

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      extra marital affairs?
      Kobe might be doing some extra marital stuff but before he gets to that he hits the weight room. Watch and learn, DeMar.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Kobe might be doing some extra marital stuff but before he gets to that he hits the weight room. Watch and learn, DeMar.
        Kobe is perfect for Demar to learn from no question. If I had to pick a second and third choice it would be Ray Allen and Rip Hamilton in that order.

Comment

I hope DD all the best. But lets not get our hopes up quickly. remember J Bayless was also added to the US select team and he's still not a capable PG (though one may argue he's a good SG).

Comment

Did anyone think else "his trade value just went waaaay up" when they first heard this? Just me?
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

*think
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                Did anyone think else "his trade value just went waaaay up" when they first heard this? Just me?
                I did. I figured BC talked to his dad and asked DD to be included, figuring it was a win/win; either he improves and the Raptors are better for it, or his perceived value increases which makes him a more valuable trade chip.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  I did. I figured BC talked to his dad and asked DD to be included, figuring it was a win/win; either he improves and the Raptors are better for it, or his perceived value increases which makes him a more valuable trade chip.
                  I thought the exact same thing.

Comment

DaveKim wrote: View Post
                    I thought the exact same thing.
                    Me too...maybe we're missing something, or "they" see something which we don't. either way, good for him, hopefully it will give him some new insights on how to improve. Especially his 10-15 foot jump shot coming off a curl...cause I honestly cannot watch him miss 10 of those a game next year without breaking my TV

Comment

Either way, it's nothing but a positive for DeRozan and the Raptors. For all the Colangelo haters, it's unlikely any other GM would've been able to convince Jerry Colangelo of this "favour".

Comment

Jay Triano coaching the USA select team

I don't I like this! Took DeMar a whole year to forget about this guy. Now his going to be reminded for two weeks. I just hope he doesn't fall back into bad habits.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

From ESPN

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- Boston Celtics center Greg Stiemsma and Lance Thomas of the New Orleans Hornets have been added to the select team of young players that will train against the U.S. men's Olympic basketball team.

Also, USA Basketball has announced that Orlando forward Ryan Anderson has withdrawn, leaving the roster at 14 players.

USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo says Wednesday the Americans were committed to inviting two players from their Pan American Games team that won a bronze medal last summer.

The select team will train July 6-11 against the Americans in Las Vegas. The roster also includes Rookie of the Year Kyrie Irving, Jeremy Lin, John Wall, Kawhi Leonard, DeJuan Blair, DeMarcus Cousins, DeMar DeRozan, Derrick Favors, Gordon Hayward, Paul George, Taj Gibson and Klay Thompson.
                          I am starting to wonder if this select team is going to build DeMar's confidence or, with the guys that are being added, the confidence of the actual USA team. Stiemsma and Lance Thomas?
                          “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                          ― John Wooden

Comment

The Coach wrote: View Post
                            From ESPN

I am starting to wonder if this select team is going to build DeMar's confidence or, with the guys that are being added, the confidence of the actual USA team. Stiemsma and Lance Thomas?
                            The reason that Thomas and Stiemsma were added is because they participated in the Pan-Am games team, as an incentive, Jerry Colangelo said that 2 players from that team would be added to the select team.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                              The reason that Thomas and Stiemsma were added is because they participated in the Pan-Am games team, as an incentive, Jerry Colangelo said that 2 players from that team would be added to the select team.
                              If those are the guys you choose from that team, then I could see the need for incentive. Thanks for clearing that up.
                              “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                              ― John Wooden

Comment

i actually really like stiemsma.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X