No announcement yet.

Dwane Casey: "We need to add shooters to our roster."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think they gotta move Millsap and keep jefferson. Favours can play both the 4 and 5 and kanter is a 5. I say you start favours at the 5(until kanter develops) and jefferson at the 4

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
      San Antonio's gotta be looking for bigs soon. If not this summer.
      I wonder if a sign and trade of Daniel Green for Amir or Ed would be interesting to San Antonio.

Comment

what's with the Danny Green love Matt? I've never even heard of this guy
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Yeah I seriously have no idea who Danny Green is and I've been watching the SAS/Utah series.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            Yeah I seriously have no idea who Danny Green is and I've been watching the SAS/Utah series.

Really? He is the Spurs starting SG.

From ESPN Player Profile:

Green had a productive night Wednesday in Game 2 against the Jazz. He finished with 13 points on 5-of-8 shooting, including 3-of-5 from long range, four rebounds, two assists, one steal, and three blocked shots.

Spin: All the Spurs were clicking Wednesday, as they beat down Utah by 31, but Green's performance comes on the heels of a very slow Game 1 and it could provide a significant confidence boost for the young guard.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3988/daniel-green

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
              what's with the Danny Green love Matt? I've never even heard of this guy
              He will be 25 in June.

He is a great shooter.

He starts for Greg Popovich.

He plays for the Spurs (and starts!).

He played 4 years at UNC.

UNC and Spurs are a great pedigree and programs. I am making the assumption he is a high character guy and hard worker.

He finally got his shot this year with San Antonio after going undrafted, sign and released by Cleveland, signed at the end of last year by the Spurs, and coming off the bench for his first 28 games of this year.

In 38 games starting this year, here are his stats:

24.4 mpg
              10.3 points
              3.6-7.8 fg
              .463 fg%
              1.8-3.9 3pt
              .463 3pt%

1.3-1.6 ft
              .814 ft%
              3.5 rebounds
              1.1 assists
              0.6 block
              1.0 steal
              0.9 turnover

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Really? He is the Spurs starting SG.

From ESPN Player Profile:
                whoa i thought it was still gary neal
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

i was wondering when he got taller
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I actually met Danny Green during the summer (he actually has appeared at many basketball camps around Ontario - I know for sure he was a guest at Olympia a couple of times) and the guy has a great attitude. I really like him. I never thought he would be at all a factor on a winning team but he showed a lot of people wrong.

Id be all for getting Green.

Comment

nice stats. Where would see him here? Backup SG? I'm prone to liking anything the Spurs do as they are the best talent evaluators/diamond in the rough finders in pro sports.
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

green would be a good backup for us or good in a role as a spot up shooter if bayless can learn to drive and dish. i think being after parker, blair, duncan, and ginobli on the depth chart has really allowed him a lot of space to get his shot off. no way his looks are as open here as they are on the spurs. i wouldn't want to send out amir or ed for him yet. i would like to see a couple years of this type of production first.

Comment

the thing is starting don't mean jack shit on a gregg popovich team. I mean publicly it does. But, when you think about it, he gives everyone a good burn. I mean, there's no difference now at least between starting or the bench for the spurs.

it's the system he has, that's why the spurs are constantly good. he don't care whther your 40 or 20, go out and do your job.
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                            the thing is starting don't mean jack shit on a gregg popovich team. I mean publicly it does. But, when you think about it, he gives everyone a good burn. I mean, there's no difference now at least between starting or the bench for the spurs.

it's the system he has, that's why the spurs are constantly good. he don't care whther your 40 or 20, go out and do your job.
                            +1

the spurs have a niche for everyone and everyone plays to it. perfect team ball. built like a college team more than an nba one.

Comment

Happy to see I'm not alone to really like Green. I like this player since he was at North Carolina and I think he would fit really well on our team.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                                +1

the spurs have a niche for everyone and everyone plays to it. perfect team ball. built like a college team more than an nba one.
                                The guy doesn't care whether your name is tony parker or sloth from the goonies. Go out and do your job and he'll find a place for you.
                                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                                X