Dwane Casey: "We need to add shooters to our roster."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon_Wade wrote: View Post
    He is actually a decent shooter, 36.4% from 3 point land. As far as the other aspects I don't really watch the grizzlies enough to make a comment on it though the assist to turnover I agree
    Know where that percentage puts him in 3pt% for all 2-guards? 28th.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
      take it with a grain of salt but i just read this on thescore.com http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog...ys-one-writer/

personally i think the chances are 50/50...
      From the same report mentioned in post #19 of this thread.

Comment

I think I asked this before, but does anyone know if Ilyasova can play the 3? I looked at his number and he is an excellent rebounder with a high PER, but his assist numbers are worse than DeRozan. Does he have handles to speak of? I really have no idea. I didn't watch a lot of Bucks games this year.

Comment

If there's any truth to the Nash rumour, that would certainly explain Colangelo's confidence in his claims for the upcoming season.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            If there's any truth to the Nash rumour, that would certainly explain Colangelo's confidence in his claims for the upcoming season.
            Thats the first thing that came to mind...

although you never know with B-Co, is he sitting on Pocket Rockets, or the Hammer.

Comment

take it with a grain of salt but i just read this on thescore.com http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog...ys-one-writer/

personally i think the chances are 50/50...
              Ok, before any reasoning clicked in my first reaction was something like this:

That said, does it make more sense to sign Nash rather than to spend that money on someone long term?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                Ok, before any reasoning clicked in my first reaction was something like this:

That said, does it make more sense to sign Nash rather than to spend that money on someone long term?
                depends on the money i think.. seems like from that article he would be here on a 3 year deal... assuming we get Nash for a decent price & decide to slip jose into the back up spot.. it could do wonders to prolong both there carreers a bit... plus i think it was BC who said he wanted a PG who could push the tempo up..nash sure fits that bill... jose is great in half court offence & would surley accept comming off the bench..

Comment

... assuming we get Nash for a decent price & decide to slip jose into the back up spot.. it could do wonders to prolong both there carreers a bit...
                  Hard to imagine Jose here next year if Nash is signed. $20 million on two point guards, and one of them off the bench? No way...Maybe Jose comes back the following year, if he can get over being amnestied.

Comment

depends on the money i think.. seems like from that article he would be here on a 3 year deal... assuming we get Nash for a decent price & decide to slip jose into the back up spot.. it could do wonders to prolong both there carreers a bit... plus i think it was BC who said he wanted a PG who could push the tempo up..nash sure fits that bill... jose is great in half court offence & would surley accept comming off the bench..
                    I think the best case is John Stockton. That's 11 and 7 at age 40.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                      Hard to imagine Jose here next year if Nash is signed. $20 million on two point guards, and one of them off the bench? No way...Maybe Jose comes back the following year, if he can get over being amnestied.
                      it would be harder to imagine BC giving Nash 10mill a season IMO.

assuming we get nash & it costs 5-7mill a season i could see Jose still being here coming off the bench.. would be great to have them both..
                      lets say we amnestied jose & signed nash.. wed still need a decent backup since bayless wants to be the starter

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                        I would hate to amnesty Jose. I'd hope that if Nash is a possibility that Phoenix would be okay with a sign and trade with Jose who I think could fit in well in their system. Amnestying Jose would suck as I'm sure a team like Miami or NY would swoop him up for peanuts, and I hate those teams.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          I would hate to amnesty Jose. I'd hope that if Nash is a possibility that Phoenix would be okay with a sign and trade with Jose who I think could fit in well in their system. Amnestying Jose would suck as I'm sure a team like Miami or NY would swoop him up for peanuts, and I hate those teams.
                          Agreed about NOT amnesty-ing Calderon. He's a good PG with an expiring contract, who apparently a lot of teams were interested in at the trade deadline, so why wouldn't BC just look to trade him? Some teams under the salary cap might be interested, or a team like Utah could use their TPE to trade for him, or the Raps could look to fill another roster spot with a lesser contract acquired in the deal. Lots of options to pursue before needing to use the amnesty clause on him.

If Nash really is set on coming here, it's not like the Raps would need to sign him immediately or risk losing him. They'd just have to tell him to wait until they deal away Calderon, then the way is paved to sign Nash, while getting something of value in return for Calderon AND maintaining the amnesy availability.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Only teams under the salary cap can claim a waiver from what I understand.

If he went unclaimed, then yes, he could sign with one of those teams but it would be his choice.

Comment

While watching the Utah/SAS series I kept thinking how much better the Jazz would be if they had a QB like Jose
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                                While watching the Utah/SAS series I kept thinking how much better the Jazz would be if they had a QB like Jose
                                Lets just hope their GM is thinking the same thing! A $9.8M TPE and either Golden State's lottery pick this year (if it's #8 or later and goes to Utah) or their own 2013 1st round pick would be an excellent return for Calderon, while also opening the door to a 3yr/$30M contract for Captain Canada! I'd even flip them a 2nd round pick (2012 or 2013) to further balance the deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X